Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Callum Wright started his first game in the Championship today in Blackpools 1-0 loss to Norwich

7.0 on WhoScored

7.8 on FotMob

6.7 on SofaScore

Plenty of praise for him on Twitter from Blackpool fans as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

Insane that we didn’t give Sowah a chance last season, even as a backup.

We were crying out for wide players and in particular a left footed wide player, yet Rodgers deemed him not to be good enough to even be an impact player off the bench.

Just now, Ricey said:

We were crying out for wide players and in particular a left footed wide player, yet Rodgers deemed him not to be good enough to even be an impact player off the bench.

Sowah has been poor until his resurrection under Club Brugge's current manager Carl Hoefkens this season, which he trusts Sowah and changed his position.

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

His upturn in form has only come now that he's been moved into a central position

Playing on the wing is what got him benched and loaned out

Club Brugge forward Kamal Sowah has revealed he did not have a Plan B when he initially joined Leicester City from Right to Dream.

The youngster joined Leicester’s youth ranks in 2018, joining from African side Right to Dream for an undisclosed fee.

He was immediately loaned out to OH Leuven in Belgium before returning to Leicester in 2021 at the end of that spell.

He would fail to make a single appearance for the Foxes in his three years there, instead being shipped out to Club Brugge last year in a surprising €9m deal.

After a loan spell at AZ Alkmaar, he is now shining for the Belgian side in both the league and Europe, where he has been featuring for them in the Champions League this season.

It’s been a rapid rise for the 22-year-old, who has now admitted things could have gone very differently for him, having pinned all his hopes on Leicester.

“I learned to fight from childhood,” he told De Standaard.

“I hadn’t signed here to leave after a year through a back door. I wanted to prove myself.

“That tussle has been in it since childhood. I grew up in Zongo, a village in Accra, where for many it is fighting to survive. Getting away from there is really not obvious.

“But I wanted to fulfil my football dream, also to pave the way for others. When I moved to Leicester City at 18, I had no plan B. Fortunately, there was the support of my parents and brother, they dragged me through.”

34 minutes ago, davieG said:

Club Brugge forward Kamal Sowah has revealed he did not have a Plan B when he initially joined Leicester City from Right to Dream.

The youngster joined Leicester’s youth ranks in 2018, joining from African side Right to Dream for an undisclosed fee.

He was immediately loaned out to OH Leuven in Belgium before returning to Leicester in 2021 at the end of that spell.

He would fail to make a single appearance for the Foxes in his three years there, instead being shipped out to Club Brugge last year in a surprising €9m deal.

After a loan spell at AZ Alkmaar, he is now shining for the Belgian side in both the league and Europe, where he has been featuring for them in the Champions League this season.

It’s been a rapid rise for the 22-year-old, who has now admitted things could have gone very differently for him, having pinned all his hopes on Leicester.

“I hadn’t signed here to leave after a year through a back door. I wanted to prove myself.

“That tussle has been in it since childhood. I grew up in Zongo, a village in Accra, where for many it is fighting to survive. Getting away from there is really not obvious.

“But I wanted to fulfil my football dream, also to pave the way for others. When I moved to Leicester City at 18, I had no plan B. Fortunately, there was the support of my parents and brother, they dragged me through.”

Sent off tonight coincidentally 

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

Shouldn't this guy be in the 'Ex players - they never actually played for us' thread?

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2022 at 09:13, Matt said:

Not an ex player but…

There was a manager who walked away with respect and held his hands up.

My memory is that him leaving seemed premature. But if he felt otherwise than fine - at least he had the balls to resign and not wait to be sacked/maximise his pay off like the current greedy willy puller in charge.

• Thanks 1