Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

I'm not saying we have better options now, but Lookman hardly set the world alight with us.

He'll be remembered mainly for scoring the winner against Liverpool. 

People forget how frustrating he could be and especially how shite he was in the away leg at Roma, admittedly, with a number of others.

There's a reason he's never stayed at a club for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/10/2022 at 14:40, tom27111 said:

I'm not saying we have better options now, but Lookman hardly set the world alight with us.

He'll be remembered mainly for scoring the winner against Liverpool. 

People forget how frustrating he could be and especially how shite he was in the away leg at Roma, admittedly, with a number of others.

There's a reason he's never stayed at a club for a prolonged period of time.

Yeah I’m relieved we didn’t sign him, he was an average player. 

And despite a lengthy time away, Mahrez is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces on his return to the East Midlands.

“It always feels special for me when I go back there," he said.

"I have spent four and a half years winning the league and playing in the Champions League with City and these amazing people at the club.

"It is always good to be back there. I am happy to be back there, playing in this stadium, so it will be good.”

Hmm I'm sure the feeling is not mutual for many fans.

I'm fairly ambivalent as I try to be with all returning players still playing. I'm sure he deep down he regrets the nature of his departure.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

And despite a lengthy time away, Mahrez is looking forward to seeing some familiar faces on his return to the East Midlands.

"I have spent four and a half years winning the league and playing in the Champions League with City and these amazing people at the club.

"It is always good to be back there. I am happy to be back there, playing in this stadium, so it will be good.”

I'm fairly ambivalent as I try to be with all returning players still playing. I'm sure he deep down he regrets the nature of his departure.

Probably doesn't lose too much sleep over it .

His departure while some fans are still bitter about it Is probably something he never thinks about.

It's turned out to be a good move for him plating for ine of the best clubs in the world , winning trophies, and loaded financially. 

He won't be regretting his move or the way it happened one jot.

As he said he had good times here and happy memories. 

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Probably doesn't lose too much sleep over it .

His departure while some fans are still bitter about it Is probably something he never thinks about.

It's turned out to be a good move for him plating for ine of the best clubs in the world , winning trophies, and loaded financially. 

He won't be regretting his move or the way it happened one jot.

As he said he had good times here and happy memories. 

As he clearly enjoyed his time here and made many friends I'm not convinced he has no regrets he must surely have pissed off a lot of people at the club but I guess it depends whether they have forgiven and moved on and now welcome him back.

You make him out to be a hard nosed uncaring individual, I'm prepared to be more open about him than that.

Even this interview looks like him trying to rebuild bridges.

50 minutes ago, davieG said:

I doubt he regrets it. 

The measure of the man is someone who tried to **** over his nanny for a few quid. Scummy behaviour. 

Great, great player. Total arsehole. 

55 minutes ago, davieG said:

Good to see he calls us City as we are the real and proper one 🦊👍

30 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I doubt he regrets it. 

The measure of the man is someone who tried to **** over his nanny for a few quid. Scummy behaviour. 

Great, great player. Total arsehole. 

That doesn't mean he doesn't regret how he left us.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

That doesn't mean he doesn't regret how he left us.

Well. It tells us something of the character of the man and I doubt very much that he's looking back thinking 'I acted poorly'. 

The type of person who refuses to play to force a move, claims he was a slave, co-opts mental illness and depression at being expected to play football, and rips off his staff isn't likely to look back and reflect on his behaviour. 

6 hours ago, davieG said:

As he clearly enjoyed his time here and made many friends I'm not convinced he has no regrets he must surely have pissed off a lot of people at the club but I guess it depends whether they have forgiven and moved on and now welcome him back.

You make him out to be a hard nosed uncaring individual, I'm prepared to be more open about him than that.

Even this interview looks like him trying to rebuild bridges.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not saying anything like he'd an uncaring hard nosed individual. 

I was saying he probably has no regrets leaving and doesn't waste any emotional energy feeling bad how he left. 

Read my post again you clearly don't 🙄 understand.