Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Maybe change it to "footballplayers formerly known as Foxes"?  Just to make sure we know which team "us" refers to.

Also stating that they are, indeed FOOTBALL players?

True. They could be players in a band. Or just sexually promiscuous.

2 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

ex football players - they used to play football with us at Leicester City, with a football

With us? I’m fairly sure I’ve played with no ex footballers who also played for Leicester city.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

True. They could be players in a band. Or just sexually promiscuous.

With us? I’m fairly sure I’ve played with no ex footballers who also played for Leicester city.

Oooooh, you naughty boy!  At least they weren't playing with you. X

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He scared enough of our players to warrant being mentioned here I think!

Been reliably informed that Andy King played centre half for Bristol City yesterday. What on earth is big Nige thinking. They lost obviously.

He's played there for the last few games, winning a few of them.

• Like 1

Former Leicester City starlet Sidnei Tavares is set to return to the club for the first time today since his surprise move to Porto.

Tavares left City on a free transfer in the summer of 2021 and was involved in a whirlwind of deadline day confusion. Reports from Italy had said Parma had signed Tavares on a four-year deal, with the Serie B club's president even confirming the imminent arrival of a Portuguese player. Such a player never arrived, and it was soon after that Tavares was confirmed as a Porto player.

The midfielder had a contract offer on the table from Leicester, which is understood to have been above the level City would ordinarily offer a teenager in his position. He rejected it, though, and the club backed down from the talks.

Having moved to Leicester from Portugal with his family aged nine months, Tavares played for City since he was nine years old. His mother returned to Portugal just before he turned two, so his father Marco raised him alone. With such a backstory, it would have been hard to begrudge the young midfielder a move to Porto - the team his whole family, including cousin Nani, supports.

Bizarrely, Tavares didn't arrive at Porto for six months and it is not publicly clear why. He was then in and out of their B team - who play in the second division of Portugese football - throughout the second half of last season season, growing into the side as he went.

After making cameo appearances in the first five games of this season, he has become a regular and has completed a full 90 minutes in six of their last eight. He is yet to score for them, but goals have never been a part of his game.

"He definitely has talent and can improve a lot," a source close to Porto, who follows their B team games, tells LeicestershireLive. "Sometimes he does great, sometimes it seems that he doesn't want to play. I think he needs time.

"It will be hard for him to play in the first team because we have two great youth players training with the first team and playing with the secondary team, but you never know. It's up to him if he wants to achieve great things or not."

Tavares now returns to Leicester for the first time, as his Porto team travel to Seagrave in Premier League International Cup action. While Tavares will no doubt enjoy catching up with old teammates and coaches, he may also get a taste of what could had been if he stayed with the club he grew up at.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

Former Leicester City starlet Sidnei Tavares is set to return to the club for the first time today since his surprise move to Porto.

Tavares left City on a free transfer in the summer of 2021 and was involved in a whirlwind of deadline day confusion. Reports from Italy had said Parma had signed Tavares on a four-year deal, with the Serie B club's president even confirming the imminent arrival of a Portuguese player. Such a player never arrived, and it was soon after that Tavares was confirmed as a Porto player.

The midfielder had a contract offer on the table from Leicester, which is understood to have been above the level City would ordinarily offer a teenager in his position. He rejected it, though, and the club backed down from the talks.

Having moved to Leicester from Portugal with his family aged nine months, Tavares played for City since he was nine years old. His mother returned to Portugal just before he turned two, so his father Marco raised him alone. With such a backstory, it would have been hard to begrudge the young midfielder a move to Porto - the team his whole family, including cousin Nani, supports.

Bizarrely, Tavares didn't arrive at Porto for six months and it is not publicly clear why. He was then in and out of their B team - who play in the second division of Portugese football - throughout the second half of last season season, growing into the side as he went.

After making cameo appearances in the first five games of this season, he has become a regular and has completed a full 90 minutes in six of their last eight. He is yet to score for them, but goals have never been a part of his game.

"He definitely has talent and can improve a lot," a source close to Porto, who follows their B team games, tells LeicestershireLive. "Sometimes he does great, sometimes it seems that he doesn't want to play. I think he needs time.

"It will be hard for him to play in the first team because we have two great youth players training with the first team and playing with the secondary team, but you never know. It's up to him if he wants to achieve great things or not."

Tavares now returns to Leicester for the first time, as his Porto team travel to Seagrave in Premier League International Cup action. While Tavares will no doubt enjoy catching up with old teammates and coaches, he may also get a taste of what could had been if he stayed with the club he grew up at.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet. He doesn't sound like the sort of player that has the attitude to head to the top.

On 19/12/2022 at 10:22, kenny said:

Sounds like we dodged a bullet. He doesn't sound like the sort of player that has the attitude to head to the top.

I think  it's still  a 50/50 if he's going to make it to the top or not. He's not in a bad place to sort his career out.  I saw the full game and the football still there. So it's all about him to be honest and work hard to make it

On 18/12/2022 at 11:11, Rain King said:

He's played there for the last few games, winning a few of them.

i was just about to ask about this. I noticed he was cb today… seems a bit of a crazy move but you’d think nige knows a cb. 

They must be in a pretty dire situation 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-summer-sale-gets-7995796

The attacking midfielder left City for Blackpool on deadline day in the summer, a deal that disappointed supporters who had been impressed with his showings in pre-season

ByJordan Blackwell
07:00, 5 JAN 2023UPDATED07:34, 5 JAN 2023

Callum Wright has switched clubs again, just four months after leaving Leicester City.

The attacking midfielder departed City for Championship side Blackpool on deadline day in September in a move that disappointed fans impressed by his performances in pre-season. Now, half a season later, Wright has made the switch to League One leaders Plymouth.

Wright had played in ten of 19 Championship matches after his move to Bloomfield Road, and while he last started in early November, it’s a quick change of scenery that has come as a surprise. But, he now joins a Plymouth side that have been keen to get him on board.

After impressing at the Pilgrims’ League One rivals Cheltenham on loan last season, Plymouth nearly signed Wright early in the summer. He decided to stay at City and fight for a first-team spot, so when that didn’t come, sought a late summer exit, moving to Blackpool.

Now he’s finally at Plymouth and looking for a swift return to the Championship. They have a six-point cushion inside the promotion places.

“Early in the summer, the gaffer got in touch,” Wright told Argyle TV after signing a three-and-a-half year deal at Home Park. “I came down to see the place. I loved it. It was just too early in the summer. I had had a good season at Cheltenham, and I needed to have a go at Leicester.

“I loved every bit of [Plymouth], and wanted to come here, but it came too early. Later in the window it wasn’t really an option, because of other signings. I had a good pre-season at Leicester, and later on in the window Blackpool came about, and it was an opportunity to go to the Championship. It came about on deadline day, I didn’t have much else.

“I had a go at it, but now that Argyle has come back about, I am buzzing to get it done. It was a no-brainer, as soon as it came back about. When the window opened, I knew it could happen. I said to my agent and my family: ‘I just need to get it done. I want to go there and become one of them.’

“I got a real feel for the place from the gaffer when I came down, seeing what he wants to do and what the club are trying to achieve. I came here last year with Cheltenham, and the atmosphere was unbelievable. The fans were great. It felt proper. I wanted to get down here and play. The start of the season that the team have had makes it even more appealing.”

Argyle manager Steven Schumacher has pointed to Wright’s “huge potential” as a factor in the signing. The 22-year-old will now look to add to the nine goals he scored in League One last season.

“We are delighted to have signed Callum,” Schumacher said. “He’s another very talented young player who we tried to sign in the summer transfer window. He is someone that we wanted to add to the squad who has a huge potential to develop and improve our team.

“He will bring good energy and quality to our attacking positions. He really impressed us last season.”