Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 18/12/2022 at 12:37, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He scared enough of our players to warrant being mentioned here I think!

Been reliably informed that Andy King played centre half for Bristol City yesterday. What on earth is big Nige thinking. They lost obviously.

We're looking for a CH who can also play GK. Return of The King??

Diego Costa: “At Chelsea, I tried to kiss Kanté jokingly. He is really shy. I put myself naked on the bathtub and I said: 'Kante, give me a hug!' and he was like 'No, no, Diego'. He doesn't even take his underwear off to take a shower." 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Diego Costa: “At Chelsea, I tried to kiss Kanté jokingly. He is really shy. I put myself naked on the bathtub and I said: 'Kante, give me a hug!' and he was like 'No, no, Diego'. He doesn't even take his underwear off to take a shower." 😂

A naked Costa trying to entince Kanté into a hot tub was not what I wanted to think about before bed but thanks I guess...

Viktor Johansson who was with us 2018-2020 is the highest rated goalkeeper in the Championship this season on WhoScored by quite a bit

Viktor Johansson (Rotherham) - 7.04

Angus Gunn (Norwich) - 6.86

Alex Palmer (West Brom) - 6.81

Max O'Leary (Bristol City) - 6.80

Arijanet Muric (Burnley) - 6.78

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Viktor Johansson who was with us 2018-2020 is the highest rated goalkeeper in the Championship this season on WhoScored by quite a bit

Viktor Johansson (Rotherham) - 7.04

Angus Gunn (Norwich) - 6.86

Alex Palmer (West Brom) - 6.81

Max O'Leary (Bristol City) - 6.80

Arijanet Muric (Burnley) - 6.78

Can't remember him to be honest but fair play.

Although I'm not sure how much I trust those stats as telling us anything, when you have Max O'Leary at number 4 who I watch every other week and is Ward levels of shit.

Half watching a Belgian cup match while cooking dinner, so I looked up when they announced "goal by Ricky Delight".  Beautiful quick, crisp finish to the near post.

He's back home at Royal Antwerp.  And he still looks more like Charlie Louvin* than a footballer.

*  to save you the trouble:

cl.JPG.37a66267905df7c976f8d329e21e6925.JPG

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Knockaert signs for Huddersfield. 

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Half watching a Belgian cup match while cooking dinner, so I looked up when they announced "goal by Ricky Delight".  Beautiful quick, crisp finish to the near post.

He's back home at Royal Antwerp.  And he still looks more like Charlie Louvin* than a footballer.

*  to save you the trouble:

cl.JPG.37a66267905df7c976f8d329e21e6925.JPG

Miss these two. Proper passionate team that was

• Like 1

On 11/01/2023 at 22:57, StanSP said:

Knockaert signs for Huddersfield. 

Was wondering what happened to him the other day. Was a great player for us in the Championship and at the time, he felt like a different kind of signing to the players we’d be used to for years beforehand.

Never seemed to make the step up to the PL but was always surprised his Championship career had seemed to grind to a halt.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He wanted to stay here also, but couldn't wait forever for the Club to make up it's mind. 

The Club were hoping to do better before BR learned that we had no money to spend.

We wanted to sign him, wasn’t a case of waiting for someone better. 

But the board said they couldn’t finance the deal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Exactly, a massive screw up. Only 14m. 

BR gets a lot of deserved criticism but he coached Lookman into a better player yet it’s Atalanta who are getting the benefit. 

He looked a very good player at Fulham. You could argue Brendan didn't have time to ruin the lad. 

Anyway, we'll never know but totally agree madness not signing him.  Intelligent player with end product and sorely needed competition for Barnes.  

When you look at what 14m gets you in the market this was a big mistake.  And he's still only 25 so potential resale value.

This more than anything rang bells about the financial situation for me.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

We wanted to sign him, wasn’t a case of waiting for someone better. 

But the board said they couldn’t finance the deal. 

I think we were chasing Beradi or Mandueke who BR wanted before he found out about our money problems.

The failure to move on any of our fringe players also played its part as it's doing again now.

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

I don't recall the anger and frustration at not signing this guy in the summer being at the level is it is now lol

Lots of people were on the fence about him. Brendan went stretches without playing him and im not sure Brendan was 100% convinced. Glad he's gone on to do well and not convinced he would have had 9 goals for us at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I don't recall the anger and frustration at not signing this guy in the summer being at the level is it is now lol

I thought he'd be good for us when I saw him at Fulham, was delighted he came and was annoyed we didn't sign him. 

That said there were certainly plenty very sniffy about him.  However, perhaps expectations have changed.  

• Like 2