Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Would have been a very sensible and needed early signing for us in the summer. 

Wasn't his price tag pre agreed at only about £13million? Ridiculous we couldn't afford that if so.

Or worse, we left him waiting why we scrabbled around for better. 

So many weird things happened over the summer. Would love to know what went on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

He looked a very good player at Fulham. You could argue Brendan didn't have time to ruin the lad. 

Anyway, we'll never know but totally agree madness not signing him.  Intelligent player with end product and sorely needed competition for Barnes.  

When you look at what 14m gets you in the market this was a big mistake.  And he's still only 25 so potential resale value.

This more than anything rang bells about the financial situation for me.  

LOL. I read Lookman crediting Rodgers and Leicester for developing him in the Athletic. 

I think he was one of the players BR spoke to about joining permanently before the board said there was no money. 

• Like 2

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

LOL. I read Lookman crediting Rodgers and Leicester for developing him in the Athletic. 

I think he was one of the players BR spoke to about joining permanently before the board said there was no money. 

Ah didn't know that, fair enough I'll give Rodgers that one then lol

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would have been a very sensible and needed early signing for us in the summer. 

Wasn't his price tag pre agreed at only about £13million? Ridiculous we couldn't afford that if so.

Or worse, we left him waiting why we scrabbled around for better. 

So many weird things happened over the summer. Would love to know what went on. 

I reckon  Rudkin went on a bit of a bender with Top and Susan, popped a few smarties and has only just woken up.

there’s no other reasonable explanation.

Not signing Lookman is the reason why we're in trouble on the LW. Not because we didn't sign him to play, but we didn't sign him to push Barnes for his place. 

Barnes seems to me the most comfortable safest premier League player going. He knows there's no one battling for his place and his form in general has been completely shocking. 

I remember BR in his early days saying that Barnes needs to be "angry" and "emotional" to get the best out of him, this basically translates to "he struggles to motivate himself" -  probably the only wise words I can think of from Rodgers' mouth to be fair. 

Barnes has been disgrace to cut straight to the truth. I really hoped he'd push on the this half of the season but he looks like a pub player and it's unthinkable how you can have the world at your feet like he should and be utter dross. 

Meh. It's annoying just talking about it. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Not signing Lookman is the reason why we're in trouble on the LW. Not because we didn't sign him to play, but we didn't sign him to push Barnes for his place. 

Barnes seems to me the most comfortable safest premier League player going. He knows there's no one battling for his place and his form in general has been completely shocking. 

I remember BR in his early days saying that Barnes needs to be "angry" and "emotional" to get the best out of him, this basically translates to "he struggles to motivate himself" -  probably the only wise words I can think of from Rodgers' mouth to be fair. 

Barnes has been disgrace to cut straight to the truth. I really hoped he'd push on the this half of the season but he looks like a pub player and it's unthinkable how you can have the world at your feet like he should and be utter dross. 

He’s the player I dislike the most in the squad. Based on what you’ve said here the total comfort and lack of motivation. 

Lookman was... fine? I don't think he'd have been the definitive answer to our wide problems but for the figure quoted he'd have been a low risk transfer - more than capable squad player who'd still see plenty of game time.

We paid more for Vestergaard for Christ's sake.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think he's lost confidence. Like everyone else in the team. Only confident players I can think of are KDH and Maddison. Maybe Soumare. All injured, of course. Forgot Mendy - one of the few.