Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 04/02/2023 at 21:57, Anorak said:

Might have been mentioned previously but had no idea Okazaki was playing in Belgium, last I checked he was in Spain. Maybe not surprising that out of any club there he's at St. Truiden, who are Japanese owned and always seem to have at least a couple of Japanese players (currently 5).

His team lost to Anderlecht yesterday,  Slimani came on as a sub and scored

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 20:14, Paninistickers said:

The much maligned Josh Low came up on my LinkedIn today, with a lil video content. 

Came across as Articulate. Good looking. Friendly. Highly intelligent..Sincere. Now working as a lawyer brokering business finance deals. 

His son played for Walsall against us in the cup

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

There were many of our fans in the Summer who were criticising LCFC for letting him go. Don't get me wrong, the money that Rangers made on him was great for them, but don't think he would have ever looked like a £20m player in the Premier League (I could be wrong, of course). He was decent in the Europa League, though. 

He reminds me a lot of Amartey - physically very good, technically meh, and doesn't seem to read the game that well. 

Either way, never nice to see someone formerly of our club not doing well. Hopefully he turns it around, but thought it was a weird and overpriced signing when Ajax paid what they did. Think he might be suffering from the Ayoze Perez syndrome of not being that bad, but the price tag compounding things for him when he's not performing. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2023 at 21:14, Paninistickers said:

The much maligned Josh Low came up on my LinkedIn today, with a lil video content. 

Came across as Articulate. Good looking. Friendly. Highly intelligent..Sincere. Now working as a lawyer brokering business finance deals. 

Did he get a hair transplant or was he bald by choice in his mid 20s?

1 hour ago, Blodge96 said:

Just seen Kasper Schmeichel in Spire Leicester Hospital. Flat cap on trying to keep to himself, but wonder why he keeps popping into Leicestershire hospitals 

He had donated quite a lot to local hospitals whilst at the club.

3 hours ago, Pete52 said:

There were many of our fans in the Summer who were criticising LCFC for letting him go. Don't get me wrong, the money that Rangers made on him was great for them, but don't think he would have ever looked like a £20m player in the Premier League (I could be wrong, of course). He was decent in the Europa League, though. 

He reminds me a lot of Amartey - physically very good, technically meh, and doesn't seem to read the game that well. 

Either way, never nice to see someone formerly of our club not doing well. Hopefully he turns it around, but thought it was a weird and overpriced signing when Ajax paid what they did. Think he might be suffering from the Ayoze Perez syndrome of not being that bad, but the price tag compounding things for him when he's not performing. 

Yep quite a few using it as a stick to beat the club with I remember it well 

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Ooops.....But i'm sure one of our signings at that time was dependant on O'Grady being sold!Been watching this club for too long!

Around the time O’Grady was sold it was probably some other Cambiasso style legend like Bruno Ngotty or DJ Campbell

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spire is a private hospital - not the place for donations more like where you go for a rapid check/treatment.

Couple of years ago I rang Nuffield at 9 am on a monday morning (hip issue) and the lady said can you get here for 11 .I said what date -she replied today!

Makes the NHS look pretty poor £200 fee thoiugh. Having sais that I must have paid £100k plius in National Insurance.

• Like 1

Here's a litte puzzle.

Below you can see the Football League results from October 24th 1970, from all four divisions.

We got an impressive 3-0 win at Hillsborough, with Ally Brown and David Nish (2) on the scoresheet.

But from all the other goalscorers mentioned, can you spot:

a)  Six who played for Leicester.

b)  One who managed Leicester.

c) Two who were born in Leicester (both quite famous names in the 1970s).

d) One who played cricket for Leicestershire.

e) One who signed for Leicester and even trained at Belvoir Drive before a failed medical  scuppered the deal.

one.png

two.png

three.png

four-2.png

Thanks to Mickyhoss at Bentley's Roof for spotting one I hadn't - there's six who played for us so I've edited it.

Edited by kushiro

24 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Here's a litte puzzle.

Below you can see the Football League results from October 24th 1970, from all four divisions.

We got an impressive 3-0 win at Hillsborough, with Ally Brown and David Nish (2) on the scoresheet.

e) One who signed for Leicester and even trained at Belvoir Drive before a failed medical  scuppered the deal.

one.png

two.png

three.png

four-2.png

Thanks to Mickyhoss at Bentley's Roof for spotting one I hadn't.

Weller, Webb, Clarke, Earle, ... er Brown and Nish!

Pleat

Needham, Nish

Balderstone

e) One who signed for Leicester and even trained at Belvoir Drive before a failed medical  scuppered the deal

Toshack?

26 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Weller, Webb, Clarke, Earle, ... er Brown and Nish!

Pleat

Needham, Nish

Balderstone

e) One who signed for Leicester and even trained at Belvoir Drive before a failed medical  scuppered the deal

Toshack?

Good effort!

a) Yeah - you still need two more!

b) Yep.

c) Needham yes. One more.

d) Aye.

e) Toshack - you got it.

1 hour ago, kushiro said:

Here's a litte puzzle.

one.png

two.png

three.png

four-2.png

Thanks to Mickyhoss at Bentley's Roof for spotting one I hadn't - there's six who played for us so I've edited it.

Also check out the future Ballon D’or and European cup winner scoring an own goal in Division 4.