Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

3 hours ago, Monk said:

Would have been better if he drove into their stadium in a brand new yellow Mini. It's a total sellout move, but I guess we'd all take the money to do that for a couple of years, right?

Especially with his recent injury record. FWIW I don't think money interests him personally, more like feeling a sense of loyalty and duty to his entourage and family. 

Played 7s at Elland Road and our LUFC legend was Beckford. Great experience, Beckford was actually a class bloke to be fair. Unfortunately had to wear the full Leeds kit for the day. 

Didn’t really get the chance to ask about his time at Leicester because he was genuinely sound and didn’t want to spoil the good mood. 

Regret it now to be fair, on the day I couldn’t remember who managed him and didn’t want to look like a tit. Didn’t have my phone to look as it was in the locker. 

52 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Played 7s at Elland Road and our LUFC legend was Beckford. Great experience, Beckford was actually a class bloke to be fair. Unfortunately had to wear the full Leeds kit for the day. 

Didn’t really get the chance to ask about his time at Leicester because he was genuinely sound and didn’t want to spoil the good mood. 

Regret it now to be fair, on the day I couldn’t remember who managed him and didn’t want to look like a tit. Didn’t have my phone to look as it was in the locker. 

From my memory he never ran back and berated team mates for not passing to him.  He was awful

53 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

From my memory he never ran back and berated team mates for not passing to him.  He was awful

He was awful, absolutely dire for us.

As a person he came across really well, had a laugh with the lads playing and as shit as he was for us, I couldn’t knock him as a person.

I was surprised because I thought he’d be an arrogant pr!ck. He didn’t seem like one. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

He was awful, absolutely dire for us.

As a person he came across really well, had a laugh with the lads playing and as shit as he was for us, I couldn’t knock him as a person.

I was surprised because I thought he’d be an arrogant pr!ck. He didn’t seem like one. 

He wasnt awful, he just didnt fit us. Still managed 21 goal involvements in his only season with us. Was a spell when Pearson took over where him and Nugent looked quality together. Comes across as a really nice bloke on Sky and Talksport 

Edited by South Shire Fox

16 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Beckford wasn’t bad at all really, the problem was he was meant to be the guy, after all of our targets rejected us. He was never particularly prolific beforehand either.

He was prolific at Leeds, before his one season at Everton