Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Of course he and all the other could have tried harder but I think the big downward pressure stemming from the top or near there had created a general malaise at the club. If anyone has worked in situation like that they’d know how difficult it is to get yourself motivated when the whole organisation is walking around with their eyes, ears and noses shut off.

of course he  got his move and I’m sure he knew before the season had started that he’d be moving on not just because he wanted to but the club did as well.

I think there’s a need to focus on a collective blame rather than individuals.

Maybe if those running the club should have put more attention into what was happening on the pitch instead of trying to screw the fans for every penny they can get  whilst making attending games so much harder then I can ever recall.

I'm not angry about the relegation as such as I’ve seen so many but it really irks that this is probably one of the most skilful squads we’ve had and should never have happened.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The interview from that. 

Don't believe a word personally, he gave up, we all saw him give up.

I'm assuming no one forced him to leave, and had he actually wanted to stay we'd have found a way?

Sky sports boy at it again. Whatever.

9 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Absolute revisionist bollocks, if anything Madders was trying too hard, trying to do it all himself

I agree. He didn’t give up but he buckled under the pressure probably felt the heat a bit more because of his ‘we’ll be fine’ tweet.

On 02/08/2023 at 21:15, UniFox21 said:

The interview from that. 

Don't believe a word personally, he gave up, we all saw him give up.

I'm assuming no one forced him to leave, and had he actually wanted to stay we'd have found a way?

Don’t believe your last statement unfortunately, Barnes wanted to stay but we needed the cash flow.

Youri was embarrassing last season. For me the biggest disappointment of everyone and the most “I don’t give a ****“ of them all except Brendan.

I hope Villa cream in this season. Unfortunately I don’t think they will. Just wish we’d have taken steps to sack BR and go for someone like Emery when we had the chance.

But **** Youri. He genuinely annoys me now. Absolutely piss poor character from that man.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Youri was embarrassing last season. For me the biggest disappointment of everyone and the most “I don’t give a ****“ of them all except Brendan.

I hope Villa cream in this season. Unfortunately I don’t think they will. Just wish we’d have taken steps to sack BR and go for someone like Emery when we had the chance.

But **** Youri. He genuinely annoys me now. Absolutely piss poor character from that man.

What is worse the club and the media continued right up until the end to treat him as some sort of Messiah like he was still performing to his peak.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, davieG said:

What is worse the club and the media continued right up until the end to treat him as some sort of Messiah like he was still performing to his peak.

Even though most would have wanted to see Mendy play as Youri was that bad. The effort and charisma from Mendy on the pitch was night and day compared to Tielemans head shaking and lethargic movement.

We owe him a fast return to the premier league and a chance to pump 4 past Villa. Wishful thinking.