Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Cambridge Away PSF. 23.07.19

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'll be there. Taking my daughter to her first Leicester game as its fairly local to us. Looking forward to it. Would be nice to see the likes of Maddison, Barnes and Chilwell back in action

Since you're local what's your advice when it comes to parking close ish to the ground ? Thanks 

1 minute ago, Gzuby said:

Since you're local what's your advice when it comes to parking close ish to the ground ? Thanks 

When I say local I live in Downham market which is still a good 30-40 minute drive. Thinking about using the Newmarket road park and ride so long as it runs that late

1 hour ago, Gzuby said:

Another option.

past the ground (left) if you come off A14 think junc 35 A1303

carry on over bridge when you get to Tesco( right and set back) with The Wrestlers pub on the corner

Cambridge retail park on the left 4 hours free parking,I looked today.

6C5164CB-2506-49E4-989A-EE9B869D92AB.jpeg

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Who's going then? Looks like weve pretty much sold the allocation of 1,400. Excellent effort for a Tuesday Night PSF.

Schmeichel, Chilwell, Maddison, Gray and Hamza expected to play parts.

What about Barnes and Benkovic?

Was hoping for this one for years just 13 miles or so down the road for me. My very first game was Cambridge vs Bristol Rovers around 1980, never been back! Hope to see some of the academy players to guage how close they are to being ready / close in ability to the "seniors" (who are young themselves).

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking we only have 2 friendlies left after this one? 

If so I think it’s time to start seeing about 60 minutes of the first team, maybe just 45 of the u21 internationals.

The likes of Vardy, Tielemans, Ricardo Evans etc should be now getting. An hour into them.

I’d go

Kasper

Ricardo (James 60)

Evans  (Morgan 60)

Maguire (Benkovic 60)

Chilwell (Fuchs 45)

Choudhury (Mendy 45)

Tielemans (Silva 60)

Madison (Gray 45)

Perez ( Ghezzal 60)

Vardy (Nacho 60)

Barnes (Albrighton 45)

Its interesting to note that there are 2 decent plates in each position and this is without Söyüncü, Amartey, Ndidi, Diabaté and a whole heap of the youngsters.

I think we are looking strong this year both in starting XI and in back up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Evans  (Morgan 60)

Maguire (Benkovic 60)

I'd personally rather see pairings of Evans/Soyuncu and Benkovic/Maguire. Give both the young lads a go with a first-team quality partner so we can see how they stack up, and then both pairs have a ball-playing CB.

If Maguire stays then Morgan is hopefully 5th choice, so if we're trialling out 1st team options then he shouldn't see any minutes. Depends on if Benkovic is fit enough though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'd personally rather see pairings of Evans/Soyuncu and Benkovic/Maguire. Give both the young lads a go with a first-team quality partner so we can see how they stack up, and then both pairs have a ball-playing CB.

If Maguire stays then Morgan is hopefully 5th choice, so if we're trialling out 1st team options then he shouldn't see any minutes. Depends on if Benkovic is fit enough though.

Very much would like to see the pairings you mentioned. Soyuncu needs more time with Evans to settle, and Benkovic needs game time. 

Hoping we see them! 

I think Saturday will be a big one in terms of game time, can see the first team being split and a lot getting those 60/90 minutes in their legs.