Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Cambridge Away PSF. 23.07.19

17 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'll be there. Taking my daughter to her first Leicester game as its fairly local to us.

5 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Taking my son to his first game :scarf:

First Leicester game for both my daughter and my oldest son! :scarf::scarf:

15 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Cambridge retail park on the left 4 hours free parking

I live in Cambridge & am parking at the Cambridge Retail Park - its pretty much next to the ground & you do see lots of football fans parking in there. As there are plenty of spaces (particularly at that end), they don't seem to mind or have any restrictions. The traffic along Newmarket road can be slow, but will be much quicker than the Park and Ride.

15 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GO IN THE BUS LANE YOU WILL GET A TICKET 

Ask Mrs Cambridgefox

There are bus lanes both sides... I've been caught by the one going East, but got out of it, only for Mrs Golden Fox to get caught a couple of weeks later, but that one heading West is the real beast... the camera is just before you filter left to go into the retail park & the traffic is often backing up in the middle lane...

As for the game, I'd like a Vardy goal for my son, & as tonight will be my 7th Cambridge game & I still haven't seen them score, I'll be mortified if we don't keep a clean sheet! :facepalm:

Edited by Golden Fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

As long as at some point we play the following:

Kasper

Richard Evans Soy Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans Maddison

Perez Vardz Barnez

I am happy. 2-1 loss.

I am happy ,what we have ..

B.Rodgers can decide who he selects and how he wants to play it ..

I won't stress myself out on such things.

He has seen ,who he has,how fit they have returned,who needs time,who needs nursing...

If some are held back by circumstance,and it forces B.Rodgers to wait beyond PL-kick off. C'est la vie..!!

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I swear that could cover literally hundreds of fixtures lol 

Someone has already noted on twitter that there are a potential 406 Trevor Benjamin derbies if you factor in all teams he has played for. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xen said:

I'd personally rather see pairings of Evans/Soyuncu and Benkovic/Maguire. Give both the young lads a go with a first-team quality partner so we can see how they stack up, and then both pairs have a ball-playing CB.

If Maguire stays then Morgan is hopefully 5th choice, so if we're trialling out 1st team options then he shouldn't see any minutes. Depends on if Benkovic is fit enough though.

Not a chance is Wes 5th choice. Just because we sign young foreign centre halves doesn’t mean they are good enough. Wes is a proven premier league centre half.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Not a chance is Wes 5th choice. Just because we sign young foreign centre halves doesn’t mean they are good enough. Wes is a proven premier league centre half.

First of all, Wes was already 3rd choice at the beginning of last season - he only saw consistent minutes because Evans had niggling injuries.

Wes is proven, but he's also 35. He's on a downward trend and while he's probably our 3rd best option right now, over the course of the season he needs to be phased out. Conversely, the two young international centre-halves need more game time and experience at this level, as they have a much much higher ceiling when it comes to long-term ability. They've also both had a year in the UK to acclimatise and 6 months each working under Rodgers, so its a perfect time to start phasing them in instead of Wes. They've both shown the potential to be very good PL CBs once they gain a bit more experience.

And last of all, remember that this is only about the backup squad players. Evans/Maguire are still the first choice pairing for the time being, so there's no need to get up in arms about the order of our bench options.

• Like 2