Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Sporting Losses You Will Never Get Over

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Most definitely this.

The Watford game is easy to take for the opposite reason, we'd of robbed  them had we scored that penalty and Antony got exactly what he deserved. Plus the fact now we've won the Prem any league defeat seems a bit insignificant 

And the fact we've never won the FA cup means I can't get past this defeat just yet. Winning the league helps you move on from the Watford defeat.

Two occasions Wales was tragically robbed by cheats. 

1. Sam Warburton should never have been red carded we'd have smashed the French with 15 and blatantly won the world cup. How can you have a French ref for a Wales France semi final. His name is legit Pierre ffs. You're a ****ing cheat Rolland. 

2. Euro 2004 play off, 0-1 Russia, goal scorer fails a drugs test after the game and UEFA still uphold the result because they take a **** off blatant bung from some Oligarch. 

Edited by Finnegan

#1 with a bullet: 2009 Stanley Cup Finals, game 7 vs the Penguins. Lost 2-1 at home, with an opportunity to send it to overtime with 2 seconds left. Winning game 7 would have been back-to-back championships, and 5 cups in 12 seasons.

#2 in keeping with the hockey theme: 2010 Gold medal - USA vs Canada. After Zach Parise equalized in the dying moments of the 3rd period, Sidney Crosby ripped my heart out in overtime. This would have been the first gold medal in hockey for the USA since the "Miracle on Ice" in 1980.

#3 - 2005 NBA Finals game 5. Pistons and Spurs (not that one lol) tied up 2-2.  The one guy you can't leave open is Robert Horry (won 7 NBA titles), and what did we do... 

Spurs win the game, win the series in 7, and basically end what could have been a Pistons' "dynasty."

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Two occasions Wales was tragically robbed by cheats. 

1. Sam Warburton should never have been red carded we'd have smashed the French with 15 and blatantly won the world cup. How can you have a French ref for a Wales France semi final. His name is legit Pierre ffs. You're a ****ing cheat Rolland. 

2. Euro 2004 play off, 0-1 Russia, goal scorer fails a drugs test after the game and UEFA still uphold the result because they take a **** off blatant bung from some Oligarch. 

You're a damn sight more well versed in rugby than I am Finn, so I'm curious as to how you think from a law-based standpoint Warburton's tackle didn't merit a red card as it looked like a pretty bad tip tackle with a bad landing to me (even though I felt pretty outraged at being given at the time too).

Was it really not dangerous play to that degree?

A lot of that post was tongue in cheek tbf.

The problem ultimately is that Warburton was the first major victim of the new direction of the laws. If you'd made that tackle a couple years earlier it'd barely be a yellow. If you made it in 2019 nobody would question at all it's a red. 

Warburton was basically the example to the rest of the world that intent wasn't going to matter it was all about whether or not you safely controlled a player's landing. 

I do think that Clerc was more than happy to swing his legs past the horizontal and take a fall to be honest. That's the part of it I do think was quite shady. He was well braced, his head was up he came down safely on his back, he rolled around enough to raise the refs concern and then he jumped up all fine again. 

• Like 1