Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How do you see this ending ....2019/20

1) Manchester City

2) Liverpool

3) Tottenham

4) Arsenal

5) Leicester

6) Manchester United

7) Wolves

8) Chelsea

9) Everton

10) Aston Villa

11) Watford

12) Southampton

13) West Ham

14) Burnley

15) Sheffield United

16) Bournemouth

17) Newcastle United

18) Crystal Palace

19) Brighton

20) Norwich

1.   The Amazing! Leicester City

2.   Doesn't matter

3.   Doesn't matter

4.   Doesn't matter

5.   Doesn't matter

6.   Doesn't matter

------------------------------------

7.   Doesn't matter

8.   Doesn't matter

9.   Doesn't matter

10. Doesn't matter

11. Doesn't matter

12. Doesn't matter

13. Doesn't matter

14. Doesn't matter

15. Doesn't matter

16. Doesn't matter

17. Doesn't matter

--------------------------------------

18. Doesn't matter

19. Doesn't matter

20. Doesn't matter

• Like 3

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Man United

7. Everton

8. Wolves

9. Leicester

10. Watford

11. West Ham

12. Bournemouth

13. Burnley

14. Southampton

15. Aston Villa

16. Crystal Palace

17. Brighton

18. Newcastle United

19. Norwich City

20. Sheffield United.

We have a good chance of 7th or 8th, and closing the gap to 6th. If a good few things fall into place, it could be even better.

But if Vardy begins to decline - which isn't unthinkable - and what happens in the transfer market over the next few days disrupts our start to the season, then I wouldn't be surprised to see us do considerably worse than that.

I do think some people's expectations for this season could be setting us up for a fall. So much hinges on how we deal with the Maguire situation, to what extent our younger players manage to fulfil their potential, and what sort of form Vardy can manage. Hopefully it all works out beautifully.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/02/premier-league-2019-20-preview-leicester-brendan-rodgers-perez-tielemans

The Guardian has us down for a 7th place finish. 

One very interesting part of their article for me is:

Leicester were often wasteful last season (Opta, for what it is worth, tell us they were a top-six team in terms of chances created, averaging 13.6 per match – or 14 after the arrival of Rodgers – compared with Arsenal’s 12.3). Everything suggests that this term they are are going to create and convert far more chances.

I think this backs up what many of use feel, in that during most games we look like a good team but just don't seem to quite prove that come the final table. Hopefully this season it's corrected!

• Like 1

Everton, West Ham and Wolves have all added real quality over the summer. One of United, Chelsea or Arsenal will struggle.

I think Wolves will suffer from Europa League syndrome as outside their first XI their squad isn't good enough. 

One of ourselves, Everton or West Ham will break into the top six. Unfortunately I think it'll be Everton.

We'll finish 8th.

1. Liverpool

2. Manchester City

3. Tottenham Hotspur

4. Chelsea

5. Leicester City

6. Manchester Utd

7. Arsenal

8. West Ham

9. Everton

10. Wolverhampton

11. Bournemouth

12. Southampton

13. Watford

14. Aston Villa

15. Crystal Palace

16. Newcastle

17. Burnley

-----------------------------------

18. Brighton

19. Norwich

20. Sheffield United

The top 2 is a 50/50, could go either way.

Spurs are looking consistent and did well last season despite injuries - can see them being comfortably 3rd. Chelsea have lost Hazard but if Lampard takes them back to basics they could probably maintain their form and finish 4th again. I (optimistically) think we'll do well even if we sell Maguire, and I think the difference between 5th/6th will come down to a final-game decider between us and United. Arsenal have strengthened their attack, but their defense is still poor and their midfield without Ramsey is mid-table at best - I think they'll struggle and be the ones to (just) miss out.

West Ham/Everton have both made good signings but the same happens every season and they fail to live up to the hype. West Ham to edge it because of Everton losing Gueye and Zouma. Wolves will still perform well but will struggle with Europa League as well - otherwise I think they'd be up with us.

Bottom half is a mess and anything could happen. Newcastle still have their defense so might be solid enough to stay up, although it'll be another tense season. Villa to be the only promoted side to survive, with Brighton taking their place. Expect Burnley to have a difficult season and struggle to survive.

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool 

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Leicester

7. Everton

8. Man Utd

9. West Ham

10. Wolves 

11. Aston Villa

12. Watford 

13. Newcastle

14. Southampton

15. Bournemouth

16. Burnley

17. Palace

18. Sheff U

19. Norwich City

20. Brighton

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

1. Liverpool

2. Manchester City

3. Tottenham Hotspur

4. Chelsea

5. Leicester City

6. Manchester Utd

7. Arsenal

8. West Ham

9. Everton

10. Wolverhampton

11. Bournemouth

12. Southampton

13. Watford

14. Aston Villa

15. Crystal Palace

16. Newcastle

17. Burnley

-----------------------------------

18. Brighton

19. Norwich

20. Sheffield United

The top 2 is a 50/50, could go either way.

Spurs are looking consistent and did well last season despite injuries - can see them being comfortably 3rd. Chelsea have lost Hazard but if Lampard takes them back to basics they could probably maintain their form and finish 4th again. I (optimistically) think we'll do well even if we sell Maguire, and I think the difference between 5th/6th will come down to a final-game decider between us and United. Arsenal have strengthened their attack, but their defense is still poor and their midfield without Ramsey is mid-table at best - I think they'll struggle and be the ones to (just) miss out.

West Ham/Everton have both made good signings but the same happens every season and they fail to live up to the hype. West Ham to edge it because of Everton losing Gueye and Zouma. Wolves will still perform well but will struggle with Europa League as well - otherwise I think they'd be up with us.

Bottom half is a mess and anything could happen. Newcastle still have their defense so might be solid enough to stay up, although it'll be another tense season. Villa to be the only promoted side to survive, with Brighton taking their place. Expect Burnley to have a difficult season and struggle to survive.

Taking the last 5 years results into account, a 5th place finish will see us on around 67 - 70 odd points.. that’s a 15/20 point increase. Not sure that’s realistic at all, we don’t have enough goals in the side. 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg
  • Like 1

1.  Liverpool 

2. Manchester City

3. Tottenham Hotspur

4. Arsenal 

5. Leicester City

6. Manchester United

7. Chelsea

8. Everton 

9. West Ham

10. Wolves 

11. Southampton

12. Bournemouth

13. Watford

14. Crystal Palace 

15. Aston Villa

16. Burnley

17. Brighton

18. Norwich City

19. Newcastle 

20. Sheffield United

6 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Taking the last 5 years results into account, a 5th place finish will see us on around 67 - 70 odd points.. that’s a 15/20 point increase. Not sure that’s realistic at all, we don’t have enough goals in the side. 

We played 66% of last season without Tielemans (so Mendy/Ndidi instead). With him in the side, we scored 1.6 goals per game. Without him, 1.2 goals per game. 

We played 100% of last season without Pérez. Assuming that he's the replacement for Iheanacho (911minutes, 0.1 goals p90) then his 12 goals in 2950 minutes (0.36 goals p90) is a huge upgrade and will benefit massively.

We also dropped a lot of points in 'easy' fixtures against the like of Burnley, Cardiff, Southampton, Palace, Newcastle at home. If we can cut any of them out then we could easily get +10 points next season, and suddenly the gap is much much smaller. Even a few of the tougher games that we lost (Everton, Wolves, United, Spurs) could easily have gone our way with a bit more fortune and a less idiotic gameplan.

And remember, for a lot of the team it was their first ever season at the top level of English football. There were bedding in periods for Maddison, Pereira, Tielemans, Barnes, Hamza etc. This year, every first XI player (including Pérez) has that experience already and should be capable of pushing on.

I'm not for one minute saying it's likely that we're going to get top 6, but we've made sensible moves to get us in a position to challenge and the stats are promising in our favour. I'm optimistic that we'll be able to make that step.

• Like 1

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Tottenham

5. Manchester United

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Wolves

10. Leicester

11. Bournemouth

12. Southampton

13. Watford

14. Crystal Palace 

15. Newcastle

16. Aston Villa

17. Burnley

18. Norwich City

19. Brighton

20. Sheffield United

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another thread that makes me feel there are going to be a lot of people disappointed this season. 

We'll be in the mixer with Wolves, West Ham and Everton again, fine margins between 7th-10th. 

Agree with this. There were giant chasms last season but the little league we ended up in contains teams which are wafer thin. There's the danger of having to compete not only with slumping teams in the top six, but also those who have recruited and progressed. At least one of the three promoted will be in the top half.

I think we'll do really well this season, and top half is a certainty, but it will be a really close call. The main thing for me is that I'm really looking forward to the ride. This season is going to be fun.

Man City (C)

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man Utd

---------------

Spurs

Wolves

Arsenal

Leicester

Watford

Newcastle

Everton

Burnley

Southampton

West Ham

Villa

Bournemouth

Norwich

------------

C. Palace (R) 

Sheff Utd. (R)

Brighton (R)

I really don't fancy 3 of the 'big 6' this year, but can't see who would take their places. Arsenal were awful against us. Spurs players must be getting disillusioned by not winning anything after 4-5 decent seasons. 

I fear the Maguire hole will let us down a bit this season, but we should have enough for a good cup run. 

I fancy Palace to drop with all this Saha stuff going on, and senior players moving on.