Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How do you see this ending ....2019/20

7th to 10th is going to be tight between us, everton, west ham and wolves. It comes down to who has the luck to pick up points against eachother and steal several from the so called top 6. I actually think chelsea will struggle this season and feel they are the ones who could let one of us 7th to 10th teams sneak in.

2 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Keep putting Norwich in the bottom 3 in your forecasts. The surprise coming will be all the sweeter . 

I hope you're right as I like Norwich, but you're wrong. Pretty football in the PL without a certain quality of player will get you relegated.

1) Manchester City

2) Liverpool

3) Celtic's Reserves

4) Arsenal

5) Everton

6) Manchester United

7) Leicester

8) Chelsea

9) Wolves

10) Aston Villa

11) Watford

12) Southampton

13) West Ham

14) Burnley

15) Sheffield United

16) Bournemouth

17) Newcastle United

18) Crystal Palace

19) Brighton

20) Norwich

1. Liverpool

2. Man City

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

5. Man United

6. Chelsea

7. Wolves

8. Everton

9. Leicester

10. West Ham

11. Watford

12. Bournemouth

13. Southampton

14. Brighton

15. Burnley

16. Aston Villa

17. Sheffield United

18. Crystal Palace

19. Newcastle

20. Norwich

Edited by That_Dude

Kane gets injured in first game,out for 6 months, Ali seen for the fraud he is and does a major sulk when dropped, Poch quits by Christmas, new stadium half empty.

In the meantime LCFC quietly go about their business, 40 points by New Years day. SKY in meltdown.

Some one once said 'No predictions, we just see where we can get to. Dilly Ding Dilly Dong.' It can't happen, can it?

Edited by FoxFossil

1. Manchester City

2. Tottenham

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Leicester City

6. Manchester United
——————

7. Everton

8. Chelsea

9. Wolves

10. West Ham United 

11. Watford
12. Crystal Palace
13. Southampton
14. Aston Villa
15. Bournemouth 

16. Newcastle United
17. Burnley

——————

18. Brighton HA
19. Norwich City

20. Sheffield United

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

10 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Keep putting Norwich in the bottom 3 in your forecasts. The surprise coming will be all the sweeter . 

Mate, if Pukki keeps banging them in you'll be fine. I reckon both you guys and Sheff Utd. will surprise a few given you both have some results momentum on your side and you'll be fired up to prove yourselves despite dismissal from all quarters.

I've even got a funny feeling you might get something from that opener against Liverpool - stranger things have happened. It's a matter of whether you can be consistent enough to push on from early momentum and be a Wolves instead of, say, a Blackpool.

Nothing better as a promoted team than going into a season as an unknown quantity. Granted, it went tits-up for us shortly afterwards until the "Great Escape" in March, but the honeymoon period when we came up in 2014 that culminated in that 5-3 win over Man Utd. was wonderful. :scarf:

Apart from losing to Shrewsbury in the cup. We don't talk about that. :ph34r:

1.Liverpool

8. Leicester City

20. Burnley

Im not going to be overly ambitious with us despite being quietly confident we can push for a European place. Wolves, Watford, Everton, West Ham and even Villa could all be fighting for the league. I dont know why (probably because we have so much creativity and such a big squad) but I think we will win a cup this season. 33/1 to win the FA Cup, 25/1 to win the EFL Cup look decent value. 8th and a cup would do!

• Haha 1

Right, I'm bored again - here comes another OntarioFox novel... :ermm:

1) Manchester City

2) Liverpool

3) Spurs

4) Chelsea

5) Arsenal

6) Manchester United

7) Leicester

8) Everton

9) Wolves

10) West Ham

11) Watford

12) Bournemouth

13) Southampton

14) Crystal Palace

15) Aston Villa

16) Newcastle United

17) Sheffield United

18) Norwich

19) Burnley

20) Brighton

Top half tussle

Title battle - I predict a one-horse procession to the title for Man City this year as Liverpool go off the boil following the high of their UCL triumph, starting with an underwhelming draw against a fired-up Norwich.  :ph34r: While I'm loathe to give them credit, Spurs could beat them to second, albeit while going another year without winning anything whatsoever. Ultimately, Man City win the league at a canter by 8-10 points.

Chelsea nick the last UCL spot, though with all three dropping points in places Arsenal and Man Utd. keep the heat on until the final week or two of the season.

We come out on top in the battle for 7th at long last, as Wolves' European adventures lead to a stretched squad - Everton breathing down our necks the whole way. 

(Insert comment about 10th to 13th here - nobody cares. Maybe one of them finally strings a cup run together - Bournemouth?)

Relegation dogfight

Honestly, I could see all three promoted clubs surviving this year, since anyone from Crystal Palace downwards on that list is fully capable of blowing it. The purist in me wants Villa to sink for "doing a Fulham" and tearing up the squad that got them promoted, but I do feel their signings aren't too bad so, If any goes down, it's a coin-toss between Norwich and Sheff Utd really and I went for Norwich purely to make myself sound like a hypocrite after my response to @Midlands yellow:thumbup:

The only relegation candidate from last year I see pulling away from the tussle this time out is Southampton with Hassenhutl in charge - I've been impressed with their turnaround under him.

I'm calling it now - the relegation battle is going to go down to the wire this year - you're going to have 3 or 4 clubs still not safe on the final day.

Edited by OntarioFox

On 07/08/2019 at 22:34, Midlands yellow said:

With respect, it's fairly commonplace for the three promoted teams to be spoken about in the relegation mix. Particularly when one of them was a surprise candidate to be promoted and hasn't spent much money either. The media and opposition vans do not have a vendetta against you, it's just purely based on the facts. 

It's refreshing to see teams like Norwich and Sheffield United come up and not just throw money around, but rather stick to what has brought them success. The gap between the bottom 8 and the Championship isn't huge either so I would be surprised if any side did a Huddersfield this year. I think either yourselves or Sheffield United (or even both) have the capabilities to surprise a few, i'm intrigued to see how Sheff Utd do with an ambitious manager and not the usual formation etc. 

I really don't know what to expect in terms of relegation, there almost always seems to be one or two sides that end up in the fight unexpectedly through a mixture of injuries, transfers that haven't worked out etc. There a few teams that could be either surprise candidates for a top 10 finish, or drop like a stone like Newcastle and Brighton in particular. New managers and signings that aren't familiar with the division, could happen to work out well for them as unlikely as it seems, particularly with Newcastle. If Zaha does go then Palace look weak and may struggle, i'm sure they'll still batter us though as per. 

I think I'd go something like:-

1) Manchester City

2) Liverpool

3) Spurs

4) Arsenal

5) Everton

6) Manchester United

7) Chelsea 

8) Leicester City 

9) Wolves

10) Brighton HA

11) Watford

12) Southampton

13) Bournemouth 

14) West Ham United 

15) Aston Villa

16) Newcastle United

17) Norwich City 

18) Burnley 

19) Crystal Palace

20) Sheffield United 

Edited by David Guiza

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

8th and a loss in the Semi final of the league cup. crash and burn in the FA Cup as usual :thumbup:

I hate realists!

But I agree, 8th for me. I think we can have a good run in the cup if the draw is favourable. FA Cup I think Rodgers will go for. We want home games against fellow Prem teams in the first couple of rounds, doesn't get much easier especially if they are bottom third teams.

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

Then any from

Tottenham

Chelsea

Manchester United

Arsenal

Everton

Leicester

Then any from

West Ham

Wolves

Southampton

Watford

Crystal Palace 

Then

Bournemouth

Aston Villa

Burnley

And three of these four are going down, two from three considering Newcastle are as good as relegated already

Newcastle

Norwich City

Brighton

Sheffield United

So everybody is having a go....

First a worth Note about FT....In Early Summer & through Maguire business

Manutd/Arsenal/Chelsea were all going to be Easy Meat und implode,with Leicester Jumping

over at least 2 of them!!!!!    What a difference a Week makes...:)

Many Now see that Gap (that chasm :P ). ..still. A Bridge to far...And the 3 Big clubs Holding even improving their lot....!!!

We have Now a mixing pot of "Also-rans".  Upping their squad & individual quality...Everton,Watford,Wolves,Westham,...Leicester,I will Add also Southampton.

Thats also Now SEEMS that Top Ten is a closed shop...but a team/Club like Aston.Villa,and an unknown could upset a few..!!!

I See this Season being an Unique season,where there is a shift in strengths,But Not necessary...in EOS positions. Basically meaning the start/Middle of the season,more clubs will have their moments...just maybe there wont be the Easy Points for the top 8. Plus the top 1-4, wont Run Away with high points,But we

will still see those gaps open...from 1-3,4-6,6-8,at the EOS Run in...due to strength of squads & injuries.Thats same reason will also disperse the "also-rans" and

see a couple Slip up...lets Hope that wont be city.!!

My choice,My Hope But not necessary the end truth....

L'pool

M.City

Man.utd

Spurs

-----------

Arsenal

Leicester

----------

Everton........for me the Team that could Gate Crash Top 3-5.!!!

Watford

W.Ham

Chelsea.......Losing a BBone of Quality players.But still might Surprise us and get  Top 4

Wolves.........I Think they will do well in Europe,but might Bite them in the PL...

Southampton

-------------------------- Any of the above could Swap positions,Ditto for below teams.But groupings IMO will Stay the same.!!

A.Villa

Bournemouth

Sheff.utd

C.Palace

Norwich

Burnley

Brighton

Newcastle

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham

4. Chelsea