Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

How do you see this ending ....2019/20

Guest MattP
17 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

Keep putting Norwich in the bottom 3 in your forecasts. The surprise coming will be all the sweeter . 

Hope you do.  You've barely strengthened though which is ridiculous coming up to this level.

You got seven points less than we did when we were champions and only just survived bringing in players like Cambiasso.

1. Man City 

2. Liverpool 

3. Tottenham 

4 - 9 Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Leicester, West Ham, Everton (honestly can't call it)

Wolves will do OK with Europa League and finish mid table with Crystal Palace and Watford I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if any three of the rest got relegated.

I really get the feeling that this could be the beginning of the end of the "big 6." At least for now. Although it will probably be only temporary, I think the gap between 6th and 7th won't be so big this season. Man Utd are in a right state, Chelsea have lost their main man and have a novice manager, and Arsenal still have a very top-heavy team. Meanwhile, the teams just below look significantly better than before.

I think that one or maybe even 2 of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are in for a shocking season by their standards. One or 2 of us, Everton, Wolves and West Ham could well be in and amongst them this season.

1.      ManC

2.      Liverpool

3.      Spurs

4.      Arsenal

5.      Chelsea

6.      Everton

7.      ManU

8.      LCFC

9.      Wolves

10.   WHU

11.   Watford

12.   Bournemouth

13.   Southampton

14.   Villa

15.   Burnley

16.   Brighton

17.   Palace

18.   Newcastle

19.   Norwich

20.   Sheffield United

21 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

1. Man C

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Everton

7. Man U

8. Wolves

9. West Ham

10. Leicester

11. Watford

12. Bournemouth

13. Villa

14. Southampton

15. Palace

16. Brighton

17. Newcastle

18. Norwich

19. Burnley

20. Sheff U

Oh a Coventry supporter slipped in..:P

Somewhere between 7th and 10th for us in the mix with Everton, West Ham, Wolves and maybe Watford.

If Liverpool go injury free I can see them winning it.Have a feeling Spurs will nip 2nd, Man City 3rd the other three 4th to 6th. 

I reckon 4th, we have a manager that far outweighs the likes of Lampard and Ole, Emery I think is similar in terms of management. But personnel wise I think our first 11 can certainly if playing at their very best, we can compete.

So don’t be surprised if we qualify for the Champions league.

58 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I reckon 4th, we have a manager that far outweighs the likes of Lampard and Ole, Emery I think is similar in terms of management. But personnel wise I think our first 11 can certainly if playing at their very best, we can compete.

So don’t be surprised if we qualify for the Champions league.

I like your optimism.

If everything clicks for us, I don't think 4th or 5th is totally out of the question. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal aren't as strong as they usually are. Man Utd, I think, are a total shambles by their standards. I think it could go very pear-shaped for them this season. Chelsea have a novice manager, have lost their star player, and will have to rely on some young players with little PL experience. Arsenal have a great attack, but a very suspect central midfield and defence.

The teams around us are strong, but I think we will be competitive with them. Everton spent big, but lost an important player in Gueye, and have a weak central defence. Wolves have the Europa League to contend with, and may not have the required depth to handle it. West Ham, I think look strong, but often fail to live up to expectations. Watford could have another good season.

I don't want to get carried away - a lot has to go right and very little has to go wrong for us to finish as high as 4th or 5th, but if there was ever a season where we, or one of the clubs around us, was going to break into the top 4, then this could be it. I'll predict we will finish around 6th-8th, but I'll admit I wouldn't be shocked to see us finish a bit higher than that.

• 11 months later...
On 01/08/2019 at 22:20, Jaspa said:

1.Liverpool

2.Man C

3.Tottenham

4.Man U

5.Leicester

6.Wolves

7.Chelsea

8.Everton

9.Arsenal

10.Villa

11.West Ham

12.Palace

13.Sheff United

14.Watford

15.Bournemouth

16.Newcastle

17.Burnley

18.Southampton

19.Norwich

20.Brighton

Man City strong but wobble allowing rampant Liverpool to steal glory by 5 points. Lampard flops hard but finds his feet ready for next season. Arsenal meltdown! Emery sacked in November with team 16th. Wolves hindered by Europa League but still pull off results. Everton start season well, slump around New Year to rise again, for fourth or fifth season in a row. Kane finds form, Tottenham patchy at home but very strong away to be the highest placed London team. Plucky Blades graft their way to safety with determined performances! Villa comfortable after early season worries. Hassenhutl first manager sacked, Southampton stagnate & finally drop. Newcastle grind out results against bottom half to survive. Leicester's young vibrant Foxes bounce around the top ten as inexperience costs points. Manchester United actually manage to build somewhat of a squad but are also inconsistent.

Norwich start season well but go on 10 game losing streak to drop late on. Brighton H'over & Out, Gulls plummet from Premier League with manager sacked in early March.

Think I didnt do too bad really. Had Hasenhutl been sacked not long after the 9-0 he would've been the first to go. Saw Emery a mile off, he never looked right there and Arsenal had clearly set up wrong again.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Think I didnt do too bad really. Had Hasenhutl been sacked not long after the 9-0 he would've been the first to go. Saw Emery a mile off, he never looked right there and Arsenal had clearly set up wrong again.

Well done resurrecting this old thread. Brilliant to see how people thought things would pan out and happy too to see that while most expected 7th to 9th we finished in 5th (just as you cleverly predicted!) 

Please predict us in 3rd next season......

On 01/08/2019 at 21:53, StanSP said:

1 - Man City

2 - Liverpool 

3 - Tottenham

4 - Arsenal

5 - Chelsea

6 - Man Utd

7 - Leicester

8 - Wolves

9 - Everton

10 - West Ham

11 - Bournemouth

12 - Watford

13 - Aston Villa

14 - Norwich

15 - Burnley

16 - Newcastle

17 - Crystal Palace

18 - Brighton

19 - Southampton

20 - Sheff Utd

Absolute car crash from me. Not one team correct lol

On 01/08/2019 at 21:52, Nalis said:

Going for a combination of obvious with the odd surprise.

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool 

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Spurs

7. Leicester

8. Man Utd

9. West Ham

10. Wolves 

11. Aston Villa

12. Watford 

13. Newcastle

14. Southampton

15. Bournemouth

16. Burnley

17. Sheffield United

18. Crystal Palace

19. Norwich City

20. Brighton

Only got 2 right, Newcastle in 13th bizarrely as they were tipped to go down.

Did well on Shef United not going down, the rest of my predictions were absolute toilet.

Is there any way of figuring out who was the closest overall?

Edited by Nalis