Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

On 05/04/2023 at 00:06, kiwiturk said:

The club and the supporters haven't stood behind him when he was going through BR's excruciatingly awful treatment.

Why he should give a damn now.

He didn’t give a damn when he ran past Bale and walked next to him as he slotted in Spurs 4th. 

He didn’t give a damn when he pulled out of a basic tackle to avoid risk of injury - led to us conceding.

Either he has the intelligence of a turnip or Spurs was a genuine target club of his agent. 

Caglar Soyuncu hasn’t given a damn about Leicester for 2 and half seasons - used  to it so no biggie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/04/2023 at 08:28, TK95 said:

I'd like to see just him and Souttar as I don't think the pairing with Faes works. We look far too vulnerable. Soyunucu is also rash at times but wins the ball for the most part. I can't say the same about Faes

I’d like to see this too. I don’t rate Faes at all. He’s a trier but just not very good.

Souttar seems a bit more Evans like in his style and Cags/Evans was out best partnership in the last number of years when they played consistently together.

Probably won’t happen as Cags is off though…

• Like 1

Faes has been really good for us the last few games and is excellent at bringing the ball out from the back. He set up Barnes goal against Villa. 

I don't think you can risk bringing Cags in now, given where he may be mentally (contract expires) but also his match fitness and the fact he may not be an upgrade on Faes anyway. 

• Like 3

Should never don the shirt again - clearly wanted to leave two years ago when big clubs were sniffing and absence seems to effect people’s memory he has a mistake in him every game and is not the way forward - won’t be happening and unlikely we will see him again 

7 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

You crucifying him his 2 mistakes on last 4 season when our current heroic defenders turned our defence line into National highway this season.

Him not giving a damn about the club 2 and half season is an utter bulls*it .

He has been chased by Tottenham,  Liverpool, Milan, Inter and finally signed by Athletico Madrid while he was subject to BR's awful treatment, sitting on the bench all season and you still failed to understand what's going on.

So you are a football genius know it all but all those Elite teams of Europe is super stupid to run after a player for 6 months to secure his signature for the next season.

Keep wearing the horse glasses mate.

He's available on a free so its a no brainer, hardly on the same level as us being chased by Man Utd for Maguire.

10 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

You crucifying him his 2 mistakes on last 4 season when our current heroic defenders turned our defence line into National highway this season.

Him not giving a damn about the club 2 and half season is an utter bulls*it .

He has been chased by Tottenham,  Liverpool, Milan, Inter and finally signed by Athletico Madrid while he was subject to BR's awful treatment, sitting on the bench all season and you still failed to understand what's going on.

So you are a football genius know it all but all those Elite teams of Europe is super stupid to run after a player for 6 months to secure his signature for the next season.

Keep wearing the horse glasses mate.

You think me questioning his commitment is questioning his ability ? That’s a bit naive. I have no doubt regarding his ability. His commitment however is another thing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Faes has been really good for us the last few games and is excellent at bringing the ball out from the back. He set up Barnes goal against Villa. 

I don't think you can risk bringing Cags in now, given where he may be mentally (contract expires) but also his match fitness and the fact he may not be an upgrade on Faes anyway. 

I actually disagree, Faes has been better with the ball at his feet, but he can’t defend…. His positional awareness is as bad as I’ve seen for some time. He might care more than Cags, but Cags has more redeeming qualities. Faes is just a bit shit in my opinion.  

However Cags doesn’t want to be here, so there’s little point putting back in.

I don't get this deification of Söyüncü by some on FT, he's downed tools and doesn't want to play for the club, as far as I'm concerned he can sod off.........unless he comes back for the last few games and makes a goal-line clearance or two, then scores an injury time winner to save our season, then all is forgiven!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I don't get this deification of Söyüncü by some on FT, he's downed tools and doesn't want to play for the club, as far as I'm concerned he can sod off.........unless he comes back for the last few games and makes a goal-line clearance or two, then scores an injury time winner to save our season, then all is forgiven!

It is beyond me too, he has done nothing to warrant such idolisation. Weird.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I don't think it is necessarily idolisation by most. It is more a case of, we cannot defend for shit, and so why not have tried him at some point over all these months, as he was once pretty damn good. Maybe not anymore, but we don't know, because Rodgers completely isolated him, even when we were shipping goals week in, week out. Guess we will see whether there is a player still in there when he goes to Atletico 

• Like 3

On that note what has happened to N’didi?

he used to be imperious in that position he made his own. He looks slow, ponderous, clumsy, can’t pass and looks sad. although last game was the best I’ve seen him play (still not the best he can be) but he did ok until his hospital pass to barnes killed us.

mendy also had a good game until he decided to play a blind pass towards our goal hitting a villa player in the face which made N’didi panic into play. It’s always some chain reaction that starts with someone switching off. This time has issues staying 100% focused.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He had not beet training to an expected professional standard. 

It was telling that Saddler didn't include him in the squad!!! He must have alienated himself from the first team players not just BR and I am a huge BR critic. 

• Like 1

I don’t know why Rodgers ( rightly wrongly) held back on Soyuncu.

So I would love to know,what torrid waters ran under the mysterious bridge

that prevented Soyuncu  being a regular Backline player…Drop of form being benched ok, but like any decent player deserved more recognition & support

from management & selection ideology.It shouldn’t & can’t be because of some

stupid unproffesional clash…

But for me

# he was a young Turkish CB,who seemed to love playing for Leicester.

# played in & with our most successfull CB pairings since ca. 6 yrs

# been ridiculously demeaned for some poor,but run of the mill mistakes

in a few games,that even top club cbs will make during their careers.

# pointing out or over analysing every players mistakes is so OTT

in all modern football forums…

#IMO poorly handled,and cutting off one’s nose to spoil the face,attitude towards

him,cost us dearly in these last 2 seasons.

# He would have developed & improved further if he was shown more trust.

# I don’t believe he is an overrated package,and would of loved to see him stay..

##FT sometimes go well OTT when lambasting players

over long periods & often don’t know,that finer knee-jerk reactions to

Carrying-on cynically moaning over weeks , then conveniently forgetting the

95% good moments of any individual player.

43 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

It was telling that Saddler didn't include him in the squad!!! He must have alienated himself from the first team players not just BR and I am a huge BR critic. 

Not that telling imo - seems that despite being beheaded, the corpse of Rodgers is operating as usual.

He never stated that he doesn't want to play for the club and actually he gave a statement to Turkish sports newspaper 3 weeks ago saying that seeing what LCFC is going through at the moment breaking his heart and not being part of the team is the in this difficult time is excruciatingly painful for him.

So where this he doesn't wanna play bullsh*t comes from???

Go back to previous footages and watch it again where he was kissing his Liecester jersey when scored against Man Utd.

Go pick an another scapegoat...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He was in the PFA team of the year whilst playing for us. He also had some really impressive performances for us in our FA cup winning season such as the quarter final against Man United and the final against Chelsea (we kept a clean sheet in the semi final against Southampton as well although i cant remember if soyuncu was particularly impressive there).

Since then he's not been great but for 2 seasons he was one of the best centre backs in the Premier League. You can see why fans have a level of nostalgia for him as we have one of the worst defensive records in the league currently.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

..  am sure Rodgers came out and said something  like, he was professional in training and a pleasure to work with, in one if his interviews!!!

He played him for one game and was never used again. Rodgers pitched Caglar against the supporters when he previously stated, that his level of training was poor.

Hard to believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1