Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Ostracising Soyuncu - an experienced international who, let’s not forget, still starts pretty much every game for Turkey - is just one of a catalogue of calamitous and avoidable errors by Rodgers (how long have you got?) that have seriously endangered this club’s Premier League status… yet been largely ignored by the national media - and, much worse, for far too long by our indulgent, irresponsible chairman.

Cost us money as well (on top of relegation if we go down) as they even brought him a new CB when we had one already good enough to play in the EPL.  He is moving to a top CL club which says it all.

17 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

It’s a travesty that players like Soyuncu, Tielemens will leave for free. Another example of Rodgers appalling management. If Cags had been more supported he may well have signed a new deal

Hmmm I'm not sure either of them sign a new deal regardless unless we'd of finished this season inside the top 7.

Said in another thread, now that we have Smith, literally the only way we can keep him is if by a miracle we stay up, Smith does an amazing job, get's the job full time and has made an amazing bond with Soyuncu. That's the only scenario I can see him staying, otherwise why risk himself sticking around? 

17 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Cost us money as well (on top of relegation if we go down) as they even brought him a new CB when we had one already good enough to play in the EPL.  He is moving to a top CL club which says it all.

So £200 million then, ah well we saved probably about 5 million for not sacking Rogers sooner.

8 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I've been laughed at when I said he loves this club and community.

He didn’t throw a tantrum like Fofana when Milan, Roma and other European giants were chasing his signature. 

The issue between him and BR was personal and he's been treated awfully, he received zero support.

I hope we get the full story one day. Thoroughly undeserved to be treated like that

As much as I like to have a bit of a moan regarding Rogers, let's not forget he wasn't playing, we sold Maguire and Rogers put him in most of the time for a good 2 years, an then on and off for a year after that once Fofana arrived.

Guest Col city fan

I have no idea why he was ousted by Rodgers but consistently playing Amartey over Soyuncu could herald to be Rodgers biggest error of all.

Soyuncu we know can blow hot and cold but I’d play him over Amartey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If both fit and able to play, we could go back to an Evans/Soyuncu partnership. 
But I expect Smith to often play three CB’s.

Easily our best centre back when on form. Thought he was brilliant today.

If we go down, the amount of appearances Ward and Amartey made this season will have a lot to do with it! Cags should have been back in the side far earlier.

41 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

As much as I like to have a bit of a moan regarding Rogers, let's not forget he wasn't playing, we sold Maguire and Rogers put him in most of the time for a good 2 years, an then on and off for a year after that once Fofana arrived.

I thought Puel made it fairly clear that Soyuncu needed that first season to really settle in, hence him not playing often. 

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

The last 3 years’ breathtaking destruction of one of the most valuable squads in the Prem is on the board as well as Rodgers.

But taking Cags from the Team of the Season to a guy who never played, and we will see off to Atletico without a penny received … that’s all on Rodgers.

Soyuncuvalue.JPG.742d51e23640f6ac1c443ae9320132c7.JPG

i feel like that could be our club value  curve not just soyuncus 

• Like 1

Had a very steady game despite the result. Best of the three CBs. Definitely the calmest under pressure and played some decent balls out without pissing around with it - which probably goes some way to explaining why he wasn't favoured under our previous turgid system the more I think about it. 🤔

Absolutely criminal that he was frozen out, and only solidifies my hatred of Rodgers.

Welcome back, big-socks.  If your time with us really is coming to a close, I hope you make these next seven your swansong.

:soyuncu:

Edited by OntarioFox