Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

Seeing Cags today, I can’t believe I thought the parasite was right about him. The best defensive performance we have had all season. Disgusting that he hasn’t been playing. Like I said in the match day thread, Top is a piece of shit for what he has allowed Rodgers to do to so many at this club. 

I hope he performs and plays for the rest of the season and leaves us not as a relegated club. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Is he definitely off to Atletico? Or perhaps there's some way we can convince him to stay?

Cannot believe Rodgers has not used him, night and day the better CB today.

Not sure how pre contract agreements work if they binding or not, but we need to stay in the EPL first before it would even be a consideration I would have thought.

The fire in his eyes though at least indicates he wants to play football instead of just collecting his wage.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I have no idea why he was ousted by Rodgers but consistently playing Amartey over Soyuncu could herald to be Rodgers biggest error of all.

Soyuncu we know can blow hot and cold but I’d play him over Amartey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

If both fit and able to play, we could go back to an Evans/Soyuncu partnership. 
But I expect Smith to often play three CB’s.

I thought Smith preferred two cbs? I reckon f Barnes is back it’s a no brained to play a back 4 with wingers (Barnes and Tete) either side of Nacho.

If it is a back 4 though, and assuming Evans is a continuous sick note, do you think Soyuncu and Souttar would work together? I feel that Soy and Faes would be a bit…..of an accident waiting to happen. Whereas Souttar seems a more steady, Evans like, type.

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Has he actually signed a deal with Atletico yet? 

Don’t know but like Tielemans he holds all the cards now his contract is nearly up and let’s be honest can’t see him staying here no matter what league we’re in over going to Madrid and challenging in Europe and being one of the top 3 in La liga every year 

Edited by Fox1980
  • Sad 1

Great to see Cags back in the side and i thought he was excellent, especially given he has hardly kicked a ball in anger this season and also given the opponents. 

I cannot believe he has been frozen out all season and is one of the reasons why we have ended up on the brink of relegation. I am not ITK so just pure conjecture, but I think Cags may well have spoken out against Rodgers for his treatment of Cengiz Under, remember they were best mates from childhood and too be honest Under was in and out and never really got a chance or a sustained run in the team, I think this was the catalyst for the falling out and Rodgers then freezing out Cags. 

Anyone listened to the Undr the Cosh episode with David Cotterill, he is damning off Rodgers, who froze him out after missing 2 penalties in consecutive games and then literally bullied him out of the club……

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

He’s clearly our best CB, so the question is who partners him in defence for the rest of the season.

It depends what Smith/Terry opt for.

Faes and Cags are more front footed and almost admitting that we aren’t all of a sudden go to behind hard to scoring against but will at least have strikers being in a battle throughout.

Or, Cags and Souttar offers more of a balanced, one high press and one more pragmatic, my big concern with that is Souttar’s reading of the game seems to be worsening in each game.

How he plays a striker on (every game) and is often in no man’s land with minimal pace is criminal and reminds me why he has been in the Championship up until this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I thought Smith preferred two cbs? I reckon f Barnes is back it’s a no brained to play a back 4 with wingers (Barnes and Tete) either side of Nacho.

If it is a back 4 though, and assuming Evans is a continuous sick note, do you think Soyuncu and Souttar would work together? I feel that Soy and Faes would be a bit…..of an accident waiting to happen. Whereas Souttar seems a more steady, Evans like, type.

Smith sounds flexible according to the players available, personally I'd play Evans, Souttar and Cags with Barnes out next weekend. It also means there's more protection and less need or point in playing Ndidi. Evans has to play Saturday, if we feel confident playing with 2 Cbs, drop Souttar as we only have a 3 day turn around between Wolves and Leeds. Gotta play Evans once a week, he's basically fit now.

• Like 1

Rodgers was jealous of his man hood size!

In all seriousness, I would love to know what the reason was, but it looks like Cags has taken the new manager as a clean slate which is good to see. Credit for Smith for throwing him straight in. They must have thought - why hasn’t he be playing. 

Let’s hope it continues. 

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I thought it was because he bottled that tackle against spurs and wasn't risking injury to himself as he anticipated a move away?

Hence not being fully committed in training either?

That was the Rodgers narrative but if he trained that poorly, he is a freak of nature as didn’t look like someone who was unfit/unprofessional.

A bit of rustiness but by far our best CB yesterday.