Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Cags not only on paper but witnessed with my own eyes against Man City is our most complete CB as it stands.

The only caveat to that is we all know he has a mistake in him, I just hope any our very minimal in the next 7 games.

I’ve always been a huge Cags fan and must admit did love hearing Smith talk so positively about him.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/12222728/dean-smith-exclusive-aston-villa-manager-on-his-philosophy-coaching-roots-and-fondness-for-chess

"I remember coming through as a young player myself, and I was told what to do. I was told: 'When you get the ball, do this. When you get the ball, do that.' But I always felt I had much more to my game, with what I could see and try.

"I want players to go and express themselves, and give them options for what they can do, but also give them ownership of their game. There's no right or wrong in the way the game is played.

Unquote

Dean was a CB himself. The article is an interesting read - I kind of like him more as a result.

In any event, Cags should like Smith then with statement such as that quoted above.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Cags not only on paper but witnessed with my own eyes against Man City is our most complete CB as it stands.

The only caveat to that is we all know he has a mistake in him, I just hope any our very minimal in the next 7 games.

I’ve always been a huge Cags fan and must admit did love hearing Smith talk so positively about him.

I thought Cags was ok in the Man City game he played earlier in the season as well. Its a real shame that we have played a big chunk of the season with 1 arm tied behind our backs.

With your point in bold, all defenders in the tier we can recruit will have mistakes in them. I'm hoping that moving forward we can tweak our system to put less pressure on the back line. Rodgers ball always put a lot of pressure on our defense. We shall see.

Very interested to see if Cags starts the next game. I still have a hunch Souttar will be preferred because of his height and i'm not sure Cags can play in a 2 with Souttar. Depends if Smith goes back 3 or 4, but my hunch is he will start with 4 with Faes and Souttar in the middle. But at least we have the option of Cags coming on.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/12222728/dean-smith-exclusive-aston-villa-manager-on-his-philosophy-coaching-roots-and-fondness-for-chess

"I remember coming through as a young player myself, and I was told what to do. I was told: 'When you get the ball, do this. When you get the ball, do that.' But I always felt I had much more to my game, with what I could see and try.

Unquote

Dean was a CB himself. The article is an interesting read - I kind of like him more as a result.

In any event, Cags should like Smith then with statement such as that quoted above.

That’s a great read, thanks for posting.

I’m really starting to think that DS may be a great fit for us, an NFP type manager that has greater depth than at first appreciated. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I thought Cags was ok in the Man City game he played earlier in the season as well. Its a real shame that we have played a big chunk of the season with 1 arm tied behind our backs.

With your point in bold, all defenders in the tier we can recruit will have mistakes in them. I'm hoping that moving forward we can tweak our system to put less pressure on the back line. Rodgers ball always put a lot of pressure on our defense. We shall see.

Very interested to see if Cags starts the next game. I still have a hunch Souttar will be preferred because of his height and i'm not sure Cags can play in a 2 with Souttar. Depends if Smith goes back 3 or 4, but my hunch is he will start with 4 with Faes and Souttar in the middle. But at least we have the option of Cags coming on.

Souttar stays I think, if anyone is dropped its Faes. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Souttar stays I think, if anyone is dropped its Faes. 

It is a difficult one for me. With Souttar we get height but he has been a bit slow at times in getting back in line (of course Castagne is worst).

Faes has been better last few games but he is also a bit of a bombscare at times, so if Cags come in having Faes would be too much.

If Evans is fit, then surly Evans has to play.

10 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is a difficult one for me. With Souttar we get height but he has been a bit slow at times in getting back in line (of course Castagne is worst).

Faes has been better last few games but he is also a bit of a bombscare at times, so if Cags come in having Faes would be too much.

If Evans is fit, then surly Evans has to play.

Evans was a disaster at the start of the season

• Like 2

On 15/04/2023 at 19:48, AKCJ said:

You don't have Diego Simeone constantly trying to sign you if you're shite.

It's not as simple as that though really. Matt Doherty has just joined Atletico and I don't think he's great.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's not as simple as that though really. Matt Doherty has just joined Atletico and I don't think he's great.

No, but then again arguably the two best defensively minded managers of the modern era both signed him. Must say something about Doherty.

One point regarding Evans, even when he's been at his best for us . It would always take him a few games to get up to standard if he'd had missed a few games with an injury. 

With how little he's played that could be more than 7 games .😅

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Soyuncu?

“I’ve always liked him from afar whenever I’ve watched him or come up against him. He’s aggressive and quick. My worry was the lack of game-time, but he had played for Turkey. When I spoke to him, the fire was there. He cares for the club. It was great to see.”

I like the confidence that Smith has instilled in his players, specifically Soyuncu. 

Utterly criminal from Rodgers, if I was Soyuncu I’d have been gone in January. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty damning stuff this is on Rodgers. Not that it's unacceptable for a manager to no longer trust a player or fall out with them but its a classic example of why Brendan had lost his effectiveness on the squad and personal disputes got in the way.

Soyuncu and Iversen would have given us a better resilience this season. Shame.

Yeah and with the number of games we've lost when winning, lost narrowly and losing late, we could be top half with just those two additions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah and with the number of games we've lost when winning, lost narrowly and losing late, we could be top half with just those two additions.

If I had a pound every time I said exactly to my fine lady I d have almost enough put away for the new kit in the summer. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

No, but then again arguably the two best defensively minded managers of the modern era both signed him. Must say something about Doherty.

Has Simeone signed him thou, given that he himself is leaving AM at the end of the season? I like him so i'll sign him for someone else or has he signed him to himself for where ever he ends up?

Cag's i refer to not Doherty

Edited by BKLFox