Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Caglar Soyuncu

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Simeone must be laughing his head off at the prospect of getting Soyuncu on a free! What a complete dickhead Rodgers was. Makes you wonder how many more points we'd have had on the board with Soyuncu and Iversen playing, albeit still having to conform to Rodgers tinpot tactics and flawed philosophy. 

Agreed. 

Gutting to think the transfer asset value lost / will be lost and it is really important we review the football decision side (Rudders) at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think we need to be realistic here. If you are in Cags position, regardless what actually happened between the 2 (and I can only imagine what Cags said to Rodgers to pi55 him off so much), you will feel let down by the overall process that got you frozen out for so long.  Who knows if the club went to much effort to try and resolve this (there was poster on here who hinted that the club held talks between the 2), but at the end of the day it took a relegation threat and change on management team before the situation changed for him. I can't imagine much is going to convince him to sign a new deal. I hope i'm wrong, as a Cags being coached by JT feels like an awesome place to be, and a million miles away from an Amartey being coached by Kolo.

Yeah, while it's a credit to Cags that he's giving 100% at this late hour, he's gone.  The entire process and the way the club handled it was a betrayal of the highest order and he won't be looking past that, especially with a deal already agreed.  We're just lucky he's being professional about it because if we have any chance to stay up he has to be on his game.

• Like 2

The final proof as if we needed it that Rodgers is on par with Taylor for the damage he's done to the club. The egotistical little prat that played Armarty instead of Cags and Ward instead of Iversen is now gone, but why oh why did not the owner and board see what we all could see?

I just hope Cags continues to put in shifts like that until the end of the season to at least have a chance of us staying up. If he does he goes with all our blessing and respect for the great player he is. I wonder what Bodgers was thinking at full-time yesterday? I hope he never gets a job at a club again unless it's at Tottenham or Forest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I loved the way Cags was marshalling the defensive line yesterday. Not only a top class performance but a true leader of men that we've been crying out for all season.

It won't happen because of his mistreatment by the hobbit, but I'd love to see him sign a new contract and see how good he could become working with JT for a year. Such a shame we won't get that opportunity. 

• Like 4

No doubt he and Evans have been our best CBs since Huth and Morgan. While Evans has gradually declined through fitness and age, neither of those were applicable to Soyuncu. To not have him involved was pathetic.

Faes and Souttar have their qualities but an on form Soyuncu is our best by far. 

• Like 4

Most on here saw through Rodgers months and in some cases years ago. Top cannot run a football club, he is a football fan (seeing his reaction yesterday after the final whistle is the latest indication of this). When Covid hit, soon after the tragic loss of his father, he had huge business concerns way beyond his interests in Leicester City. At this time he would have had to rely on those running the club to steer the ship through turbulent waters. The fact that those in charge allowed Rodgers to take us to the very edge of self-destruction is a dereliction of duty. Once the season concludes, either with a miraculous escape or relegation to the Championship, those at the top must be held to account. In my opinion there should be a clearout as they are just as culpable for our spectacular decline as Rodgers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah, while it's a credit to Cags that he's giving 100% at this late hour, he's gone.  The entire process and the way the club handled it was a betrayal of the highest order and he won't be looking past that, especially with a deal already agreed.  We're just lucky he's being professional about it because if we have any chance to stay up he has to be on his game.

Even if we were flying high in the league, I've been to both cities, if I was in Cags shows I'd much rather live in Madrid under Simeone than be at Leicester with so much uncertainty.

• Like 2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/22/positives-for-leicester-comeback-win-over-wolves/

Percy:

Leicester's secret survival weapon born again after being frozen out by Brendan Rodgers

Caglar Soyuncu will leave the club this summer, but is set to play a key part in the club’s fight against relegation

Caglar Soyuncu is set to leave Leicester City this summer, but will now be playing a key part in the club’s Premier League survival mission.

Frozen out by Brendan Rodgers, the Turkish defender has made an outstanding return to the first-team and the decision to bring him back into the frame already appears a masterstroke by Rodgers's replacement Dean Smith.

Soyuncu has always stood out at Leicester: he has a huge tattoo of a lion on his back and an imposing physical presence, with a striking resemblance to the Shrek villain Lord Farquaad.

He was marginalised by Rodgers, making only one league start this season and frequently not even making the bench before the manager’s dismissal earlier this month.

With doubts over his commitment and ability, Soyuncu was also accused of not performing to a high level during training sessions.

His difficult season means his departure as a free agent this summer appears inevitable, and it is understood he could have signed a pre-contract with Atletico Madrid.

Soyuncu does appear determined to leave on a high, with a man of the match performance against Wolves on Saturday.

The 26-year-old delivered a rugged, battling display which Leicester sorely needed in their bid to avoid relegation.

Was Smith surprised he had barely played? “Yeah, a little bit. I don't know what's gone on before I got here, all I can do is talk about since I've got here and I've seen a player who is committed to the football club, trains really well and I think his performances have shown that as well.

"I sat down with him last Thursday leading into the Manchester City game and asked him how he was, and to see if he felt he was in a good place. He just loves football and wants to play.”

Soyuncu’s potential to be an important player over the final run-in is understood to have been identified quickly by John Terry, Smith’s assistant coach.

The former Chelsea and England captain is working closely with Leicester’s defenders since his arrival a fortnight ago.

Smith said: “We've done some unit work with the defenders over the last week or two and JT has had some meetings with them as well as some coaching sessions. 

“They will pick up lots of little details off JT, that's for sure."

Leicester’s win over Wolves lifted them out of the bottom three on goal difference, ahead of another crucial game at Leeds on Tuesday.

Smith’s squad will be boosted by the return of winger Harvey Barnes, who has missed the last two matches with a hamstring injury, while England international James Maddison is expected to be available after illness.

Saturday’s victory was Leicester’s first since February and ended an alarming run of nine defeats in 10 matches.

Wolves, meanwhile, are still not safe and hopeful that influential midfielder Mario Lemina will recover swiftly from a hamstring problem.

Lemina was taken off at half-time on Saturday and Wolves lost their grip on the match as a result. They are six points above the relegation zone.

Leicester's Great Escape 2.0 finally has lift-off

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

It’s Percy who gets his news from someone high up at the club. Therefore, I’m going to take hope in the fact he is saying without certainty that Cags is leaving. Perhaps the club trying to see if they can bring him to the table for one final discussion. 

It’s also interesting that he makes reference to Rodgers claiming that Cags wasn’t up to standard in training and his commitment. Perhaps again it’s the club trying to get out that they were hoodwinked by the parasite. 

• Like 2

Saying the above. I hope he can sign a one year extension. Yes, we won’t get a fee for him, but he is going on a free anyway. For Soyuncu, he gets another chance to play in the EPL before moving on to Spain and he will still get his big paycheck with going on a free.  Win win for both parties.

Edited by Tom12345

Terry, a proper defender, can hopefully get the best out of Soyuncu for the remaining games. Soyuncu has the ingredients to be a top top player (his ceiling is higher than Faes and Souttar imho) and with Terry hopefully his decision making and positioning can go up a level. Evans is top notch in those areas but much easier for a senior statesman like Terry to coach that into Soyuncu.

12 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Saying the above. I hope he can sign a one year extension. Yes, we won’t get a fee for him, but he is going on a free anyway. For Soyuncu, he gets another chance to play in the EPL before moving on to Spain and he will still get his big paycheck with going on a free.  Win win for both parties.

How is that a win for Soyuncu?  Why would he want to stay a year if Atletico wants him right away?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete52 said:

If Rodgers had played him and Iversen all season instead of Amartey and Ward, he’d still be in a job. What a difference those two make to the side. 

It is very simple, isn’t it. Which leaves two conclusions as to why Rodgers persisted to ignore better players within his squad. 

He is a parasite. Absolutely hindered this club and was hell bent in destroying everything built before him because of the change of approach at the start of the season. He went to “war” despite saying he won’t just to get the sack. 

or

He was stupid and no where need intelligent enough to manage situations. All good when running routines on a training pitch (hardly genuine coaching) but management, development - not this fools game. 

I think it’s a bit of both to be honest. Our club is blessed to have got rid.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

How is that a win for Soyuncu?  Why would he want to stay a year if Atletico wants him right away?

I was assuming that he can be convinced to think that he has a future here and that he wants to prove that he is not a failure in EPL before moving on.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I was assuming that he can be convinced to think that he has a future here and that he wants to prove that he is not a failure in EPL before moving on.

That seems more like wishful thinking than anything else. He knows Rodgers did him the dirty and I’m sure he has no doubts about his own ability.  Playing probable CL football for an elite manager in one of the greatest cities in Europe is hardly a punishment.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1