Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mucfox

The One Man Striker Club

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, I don't know what to say. Immediate reaction is this is a tuck up job and someone's deleted my spacing but I'll take it on the chin and apologise. Won't happen again Trav 😂

No worries. Those two huge hunks of text just blew my mind! :S

37 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Because he's not very good. Pretty sure he's a bad apple, as well.

Wouldn't expect to see him play for us again.

Crazy though as he's a target man and although I agree he's an arse, we paid £29m for him and he does look a handful as an Andy Carroll type target man?.. 

He's a better plan B than Iheanacho or playing Perez as the main striker! 

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Crazy though as he's a target man and although I agree he's an arse, we paid £29m for him and he does look a handful as an Andy Carroll type target man?.. 

He's a better plan B than Iheanacho or playing Perez as the main striker! 

He wasn't that bad for us, but has flopped massively at Fenerbahce since. They were desperate to give him back!

He might be a better plan B - he does offer something different to Nacho or Perez, but I think he's probably too disruptive to be considered.

I'm goint to give Kelechi a clean slate. He's been good in pre-season. I think Rodgers might be able to get more out of him. Yet to see Perez lead the line. Didn't have a good game yesterday, but it's his first game. I know neither are going to dominate in the air, but one or both could do well for us this season.

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

All clubs make bad signings. 

Sir Alex even had some dodgy ones. 

Villa signing so many new players this season, I'll be surprised if half of them are a success. 

We've signed some bad ones but we've signed a few incredibly good ones that have made us decent profits 👍

Problem for us is that we had a once in a lifetime opportunity to establish ourselves as a top six side with the financial riches in being the Premier League champions and Champions League quarter finalists. Wolves and co were then in the Championship. It’s a sad state of affairs that we are now grateful for scraping a draw against them. We should be miles ahead of them. Incompetence of the highest order  in the management of the club at all levels. In two years time or so we may have seen the last of Vardy. It’s a sobering thought as to where we could end up without him

16 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He wasn't that bad for us, but has flopped massively at Fenerbahce since. They were desperate to give him back!

He might be a better plan B - he does offer something different to Nacho or Perez, but I think he's probably too disruptive to be considered.

I'm goint to give Kelechi a clean slate. He's been good in pre-season. I think Rodgers might be able to get more out of him. Yet to see Perez lead the line. Didn't have a good game yesterday, but it's his first game. I know neither are going to dominate in the air, but one or both could do well for us this season.

Shame we're not utilising Albrighton's ability to find a big target man though.. and of course Maddison's technically brilliant corners.. 😀

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Problem is, as shown against wolves, sit back with 5 defenders and you can nullify Jamie's main attacking threat. Should have got Andy Carroll in as a plan c.

Its more if you do the sidy sidy pass backy sidy pass, slowly sidy. Nowhere to go, sidy, backy pass. Repeat till you lose possession.

Edited by Bazly

6 hours ago, mucfox said:

Imo, Jamie Vardy is one of the best strikers in Europe. We can be very happy that he has remained faithful to Leicester throughout the last years. He could do it in other clubs, by that I mean, a lot easier with top6 clubs or other big clubs in Europe. The current LCFC style of play does not reveal his true skills. He is largely isolated throughout the games and completely on his own. The transfer of Riyad Mahrez was a bitter loss for the club, but especially for JV. Unfortunately, in three transfer periods the club has not reacted  to find a good partner or replacement for JV. Apart from JV there is no player, who is dangerous near or in front of the goal. There would be enough money, but imo there is a lack of a good scouting department. Who can understand that Slimani (5yrs contract / annual salary £4.16mio / transfer fee £25.5mio) Nacho (5yrs contract / annual salary £3.12  /transfer fee £23.5mio) and ultimately Ghezzal (4yrs contract / annual salary £2.34mio / transfer fee

£12.5mio) were purchased. What would happen, if JV actually got injured and would be missing for months. Should one of the 3 above or even Gray, replace him???  I don't think there's any other club in the PL that's worse off in the striker position than LCFC. There are no partners for JV or alternatives to JV and that's just amazing. For this reason, I could not understand the "Jon Rudkin Appreciation Thread" on "Transfer Talk" from 02.August. In today's football business it is relatively easy to sell good players for millions, but it is much harder to find and buy good players. That's what LCFC proved very impressively and successfully a few years ago (Vardy, Kante, Mahrez). Maybe something will happen in the January transfer window.

Many Foxes fans would be very happy for sure...and Jamie Vardy, too.

Finally someone gets what I've been saying for Weeks. Maybe yesterday brought it home to many.

We have only one Striker, certainly only one you can depend on and one still struggling.

While Perez might contribute some goals he's not an alternative or replacement to Vardy.

So we still need someone and the person to blame is the manager. He should have made sure we got someone in.

We need a loan from Europe or may have to go back to Slimani.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Nice to see you're coming around to my way of thinking. Still, better late than never.

Our season could be well over by the time we wait for Nacho to come good. We're already 2 points down because we didn't have a plan B.

Wolves were magnificent yesterday in there game management and others will offer a similar approach.

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Read the posts, so much is being said based one the evidence of Sunday, and Sunday alone.

....not just Sunday though!!!

Got schooled by Rafa last season......we struggle to breakdown teams that come to sit. Brendan had twelve games to assess the squad last season he could not solve the deep lying teams that seek to just defend. As a tactician he should have had an answer to this problem, getting people in to solve this dilemma this summer would have been..........         Plan A.

Why we are struggling to overcome this........ is a problem.

7 hours ago, 49er said:

We have had the opportunities and finances to do so since we won the Premier League but have failed miserably. Was it wise to spend £50m on Perez and Praet when we needed a striker?

I'm not sure we did need a striker. we only ever play 1 striker (hardly any teams in world football play 2 these days) and Vardy is going to start most games. Whilst Slimani and Kelechi haven't exactly lit the world alight, they also haven't played much because we only play Vardy. Where we lack, and where we should have invested, is a top winger who can create and score goals. Hopefully Perez will help here but even with him, the current assists and goals from our other wingers doesn't make for great reading. We have Madders and Tielemans who can create chances for Vardy but that is often through the middle and teams can get wise to this, hence why I personally feel we needed better options out wide. Our goalscoring issues aren't because of a lack of strikers (we have one of the best in the league) it's a lack a chances being created against horse shit teams who throw 11 men behind the ball. 

10 hours ago, Bazly said:

Its more if you do the sidy sidy pass backy sidy pass, slowly sidy. Nowhere to go, sidy, backy pass. Repeat till you lose possession.

If you can't penetrate the opposition because they set up to play counter attacking football, there's really only 2 or 3 things you can do, play it sideways looking for the opening, as we tried to do, get a big man up front and try to knock the ball into him or sign messi. I'm more bothered about the fact that if we don't score early, we could end up with every team we play against sitting back and playing on the counter, basically nullifying our goal threat.

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I scoffed at it when it was rumoured as a possibility a couple of months ago, but I'm beginning to wonder if signing Daniel Sturridge wouldn't be such a bad idea. Still a free agent I believe, has had success in the league (under BR as well), and probably wouldn't mind being a bench option at this stage of his career.

his wage demands are astronomical apparently - thats why no club has taken him on.  Well that and his pretty appalling injury record over recent years.