Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FAI reaches out as Maddison considers switch

4 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Sadly there's a number of people who would disagree with you on that statement. 

Yup and our country is a complete mess in part because of that.

Wonder what lengths his agent will go to once he wants out.

• Like 1

Growing up in Leicester with Irish ancestry - personally I would given my right arm to play international football representing the ROI.

But then again I would o' given my right arm, my left arm and a little bit of my leg (say just below the knee) to play for England.

Might have meant I I'd have struggled to kick the ball. But f*ok, would I o' made the english 'rish family proud.

:englandsmile4wf:

Edited by swanlee
to add flag, to add irony
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Growing up in Leicester with Irish ancestry - personally I would given my right arm to play international football representing the ROI.

But then again I would o' given my right arm, my left arm and a little bit of my leg (say just below the knee) to play for England.

Might have meant I I'd have struggled to kick the ball. But f*ok, would I o' made the english 'rish family proud.

You'd have fit right in to many an England national team, so never give up on that dream.

• Haha 1

It's funny to think one nation as to rely on luring players from another nation to play for them. I'm on honestly unlikely this will happen, but if England we got so bad and we started to try and recruit players from abroad to make us better how would people feel about that. 

One thing I will say about Southgate is that, I think now the barrier as been lifted and no matter who play for in the premier league you've got a chance of getting a call up something we haven't had for a while. The negativeness that used to be around England camp as gone, mainly because I feel there's lads involved from anywhere in country. Where before it was just the players from the usual top four that normally rivalled each other. But that's another topic.

Edited by Leicesterpool