Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheff Utd (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

4-3-3? 

Not really it's exactly the same thing as the last two games, it's just Praet in for Ndidi so that we're a tad less defensive. 

It's still going to be a front "three" of Maddison, Perez and Vardy with absolutely zero width. 

• Like 3

Anyone else feel a pang of underwhelm-ent when they see Barnes on the bench?

That line up should have enough about it, but crowbarring Maddison and Perez out wide when we have a genuinely exciting, direct, homegrown winger on the bench does nothing for me 

My biggest worry is that Sheffield United will give themselves decent width with their wing-backs and overlapping CBs as much as mentioning the CBs is the only buzzword their team gets! If they can pen back Ricardo and Fuchs, then we'll struggle to have any sort of width ourselves.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Not really it's exactly the same thing as the last two games, it's just Praet in for Ndidi so that we're a tad less defensive. 

It's still going to be a front "three" of Maddison, Perez and Vardy with absolutely zero width. 

But Brendan said he wanted another AM to compliment Youri. So surely he won't be playing as a DM? maybe he's getting Hamza to sweep behind Tielemans and Praet. 

Kasper

Ricardo.   Evans.     Soy.      Fuchs

Hamza

Youri.              Praet. 

Perez.                                    Madders

Vardy

• Like 2

Could be 

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu  Fuchs

Choudhury

Tielemans     Praet

Perez                                Maddison

Vardy

Or it could be

Schmeichel

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu  Fuchs

Choudhury

Tielemans     Praet

Maddison                   

Perez  Vardy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

People bltching about the system misses the point.  Switching out a pure holding player for an attacking player is a big transformation.  The change people seem to want - Barnes for Perez - isn't changing the system at all, just one of the moving parts.

Look for Tielemans to have a huge game today.

Why would anyone want Barnes for Perez? 

It's Barnes AND Perez. Barnes got Ndidi or Hamza was the call surely, Maddison returning to the middle. 

• Like 4

Guest Cujek
2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Saw a report a couple of days ago saying he had a hamstring injury and would miss a couple plus Nigeria international

Don't they have to prove they are injured if missing an international game? I think the guy needed a rest and I'm sure the club don't want him going off with Nigeria to where ever, so if he has a slight injury better to rest him against a supposed weaker team to prove he can't pay in the international? 

Or do I read to much into conspiracies? 

Anyway COME ON LEICESTER. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or it will be 442 diamond with Maddison in the hole and Vardy and Perez up top with Perez drifting. 

Praet played for Sampdoria who also used a diamond formation. 

We won’t know until the game starts but it’s definitely possible. We played it in preseason and Rodgers might see it as the go to system against bottom 10 teams. 

Or it might just be 433 with different personnel :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

**** this season already tbh. 

I mean, we may very well win but this system has been so ****ing garbage to watch so far. 

The sooner Rodgers gets it out of his system the better. Think he's a great coach, I'm glad he's here, I'm not knee jerking and calling for his head. 

But ugh. Just ugh. 

Totally agree. Balance is all wrong. Perez doens't work out wide. Maddison is starting too high up the pitch, he's better a little deeper, and the central 3 are too negative. It worked well last year dropping Maddison into the midfield 3 with Tielemans and Ndidi. No idea why he's ****ed around with it.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

**** this season already tbh. 

I mean, we may very well win but this system has been so ****ing garbage to watch so far. 

The sooner Rodgers gets it out of his system the better. Think he's a great coach, I'm glad he's here, I'm not knee jerking and calling for his head. 

But ugh. Just ugh. 

Love the lineup.

We're gonna win this one with ease.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Won't that leave space for the Blades marauding centrebacks to run into space left by Madders and Perez? 

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Don't they have to prove they are injured if missing an international game? I think the guy needed a rest and I'm sure the club don't want him going off with Nigeria to where ever, so if he has a slight injury better to rest him against a supposed weaker team to prove he can't pay in the international? 

Or do I read to much into conspiracies? 

Anyway COME ON LEICESTER. 

So he has to miss Bournemouth aswell ?  I fink your conspiracy theory is a non starter ....... 

Best way to play against Sheff United is to play through the middle. Their CBs don't deal great with direct runners and aren't great with their feet. They play quite wide so are often open in the middle. Think a narrow and direct style will serve us well. 

• Like 1