Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Ghezzal Goes to Fiorentina

Technically very good.

Lacked the pace and tenacity.

Harshly labelled with the expectation of replacing Mahrez.

Seemed to never integrate into the squad. 

If he can’t press in this system, which he appears too lightweight for, best that he’s moved on.

Odd signing at the time, always hard to follow in Mahrez' footsteps, particularly as a fellow Algerian. You could say that in a way, he was hard done by.

Bit of a shame it hasn't worked out for him yet, and I doubt he'll come back. I wish him well in Italy, Fiorentina are a decent side, he'll be living in a gorgeous city and I'm sure Serie A football will suit him more.

Thanks for a few great performances and two more memorable cup goals. Not so fond of Ghezzal when I think of his technical limitations, his fragile frame and lack of speed on the wing. Just did not fit in.

All the best in bella Italia, Rachid!

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Was judged before he kicked a ball

Which as it turned out was almost invariably in the wrong direction.

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Was booed whilst being subbed on

I recall that he couldn't even master that - and got terribly confused when brought on against Southampton at home. The booing is an indictment on our frequently moronic fan base, not Rachid.

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

i hope he gets better treatment in Italy 

Because after all, they are known for their tolerance. 

12 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He was never that bad…. Just not a PL player 

"He was never that bad" - on a forum which questions Mo Salah's ability and reminds us that Jessie Lingard isn't very good. It's all relative I guess. 

Got nothing against the player but he was always a questionable signing. After Mahrez was sold I believe Puel’s initial plan was to have Gray and Diabate compete for the position. But Diabate had a shocking preseason and Gray was his usual up and down self. Ghezzal was therefore brought in as another option but let’s be honest the reality is we went from having one of the best wingers in the league to having three mediocre ones battling among themselves. 

What’s frustrating is that we still haven’t truly replaced Mahrez. We will see in time how Perez pans out but he’s not the same type of player. I feel we miss someone that cuts in and can finish. Also none of our wingers have the same sort of creativity as Mahrez; I’m thinking about passes to Vardy for goals against Liverpool and West Brom as examples. 

Anyway good luck to Ghezzal. I don’t think he ever really stood a chance here with the way things planned out. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'd love to say I'm disappointed we've lost a winger but I'd be lying. 

Good luck to him in Italy. Hope the loan turns in to a permanent move for his own sake at the very least. 

A good honest post Young Stan

Yes, I wish him all the best but won’t shed any tears. 

Some players just don’t seem to click at certain clubs. Slimani is the same

I’m happy Brendan is offloading the players I’d have offloaded

Amartey will be next...

;)