Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Depends how Madrid deployed him as to whether he'd be a success. Are we certain that Ndidi is currently being played in a way that gets the best out of him?

Until recently, he's always been one of our best players and there was a huge gaping hole in our side if he was missing through injury. 

He undoubtedly has certain talents and we know what they are. We also recognise, after all this time, what the weaker parts of his game are. Surely you'd therefore play such an individual in way that was commensurate with his talents and not his shortcomings. 

Is it not obvious why this is happening? Makelele and Busquets were renowned as players that did a particular job extremely effectively. I wonder how they would have performed if asked to undertake different duties?

Therein lies the answer for me. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Could this also be applicable to any other of our poor performing players?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

This is Real Madrid, that at the height of the Galticos, purchased Thomas Gravensen to play holding midfielder for them. 

Unfortunately, if he goes, I’d have more faith in us if we deployed Mendy on a more permanent basis, rather than try and replace him. 

Knowing how we setup currently, we’ll look at push Amartey back into midfield. 

44 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is settled in Leicester and apparently doing an external degree at De Montfort so a very unlikely move I would say. I think he will be signing a new contract.

Started on a 3 year course in 2018 I believe. 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

They art in for a shock, probably the worse passer of a ball I have ever seen from a central midfielder.

great tackler mind, but is that the level Madrid want?

His passing had improved no end last season but has regressed since. Saying that he's not been as impressive at breaking up play lately so could be another one suffering from low confidence. Can't think of any of the top clubs in Europe who play with a out and out ball winning midfielder as a DM though

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Except for making that huge mistake at the end, missing an easy header. Saw it all the way, unchallenged, but missed completely. Schoolboy error really.

He played well but agree this mistake was pretty cringe 😬 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

His passing is horrific,not been sorted for 20 yrs?

He didn’t look very good yesterday must admit. I’m pretty much of the opinion now we must sell him whilst clubs want him and replace him with someone with a more all round game. Preferably someone unlikely to go to AFCON as that’s a bit of a burden 

20 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He didn’t look very good yesterday must admit. I’m pretty much of the opinion now we must sell him whilst clubs want him and replace him with someone with a more all round game. Preferably someone unlikely to go to AFCON as that’s a bit of a burden 

If we can get 40+ million I would sell, his all round game is just not good enough

Just now, Claridge said:

If we can get 40+ million I would sell, his all round game is just not good enough

He’s had some cracking games for us over the years but I agree, also since being back doesn’t look like he can tackle / intercept the same way before. Used to look like an octopus on the pitch! Mind you I think he’s worth £60m+ in today’s market (considering transfermarkt valued him at £54m which is usually under what the player goes for)

47 minutes ago, Claridge said:

and who would you replace him with and would be prepared to come to leicester seeming the form we are in, this is a player who has adapted very well to the premier league in such a pivotal position for the club, not good enough wilf , i dont believe you

4 hours ago, lcfc old boy said:

and who would you replace him with and would be prepared to come to leicester seeming the form we are in, this is a player who has adapted very well to the premier league in such a pivotal position for the club, not good enough wilf , i dont believe you

Many pound notes means there would be no shortage of players that want to come to Leicester.  Whether they will be in the same class as Ndidi is another matter entirely.  We can certainly get an upgrade in the passing department.

• 4 weeks later...