Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

C'mon! Not seen him play! That's one huge and mistaken assumption you've made.

One assumption you can make is that, if I post on here, I do so with seriousness and a measure of knowledge and accrued (over fifty years) familiarity with football. I sometimes am controversial, yet there's ever a soupçon of sense in what I write.

Dude, you said “shooting ability” about the player that has, imho, the lowest shooting ability in the first team regulars, it’s literally the area that’s his biggest weakness. 

If you’ve thought that comment through, then fair play.

We have very different opinions. 

On 31/01/2022 at 13:42, 5waller5 said:

If you’ve thought that comment through, then fair play.

We have very different opinions. 

I try to 'think things through', especially when posting on here. Any comment that disagrees with a generally held orthodoxy tends to bring the 'thought police' to the scene of the heresy all blues-and-twos blaring and blazing.

I don't mind players having a blast in a game. It's rarely successful, but its exciting and reflects the romantic nature of football. It's not about eleven automatons completing every move perfectly - it's about so much more. 

Sometimes I think we allow our desire for perfection to overwhelm our desire to appreciate the spectacle of the game. Our frustration leads us to pick up on the odd benign comment with the speed of a vulture spotting a fresh carcase. An imprecise analogy but you'll get my drift.

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Ndidi scored 3 or 4 corking goals over his first year or two, since then his technique when shooting has gotten worse. Chelsea at home in 19/20 was probably his last good goal?

Pretty sure he was aiming for the other corner and completely sliced that one as well lol

On 02/02/2022 at 09:32, gerblod said:

I try to 'think things through', especially when posting on here. Any comment that disagrees with a generally held orthodoxy tends to bring the 'thought police' to the scene of the heresy all blues-and-twos blaring and blazing.

I don't mind players having a blast in a game. It's rarely successful, but its exciting and reflects the romantic nature of football. It's not about eleven automatons completing every move perfectly - it's about so much more. 

Sometimes I think we allow our desire for perfection to overwhelm our desire to appreciate the spectacle of the game. Our frustration leads us to pick up on the odd benign comment with the speed of a vulture spotting a fresh carcase. An imprecise analogy but you'll get my drift.

Very romantic. Does that mean you now realise that Wilf can’t hit a barn door with a banjo? 

Today's    who.PNG.7a47581416facdf544c855a13eba1890.PNG     Brain-Teaser

Name this City player:

wilf-o-gram.PNG.6ca51bcda3dbcbd0026050daa4fec2b8.PNG

p.s. I love Wilf to death.  For everything else he does.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Name this City player:

Wait, is that top middle one where Schlupp's shot ended up? Think it was against Everton lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wait, is that top middle one where Schlupp's shot ended up? Think it was against Everton lol

That was a wild miss, I genuinely have no idea how he got so much air on that so quickly. An NFL kicker would have been proud of that one haha

On 02/02/2022 at 09:32, gerblod said:

Well yes, but your claim (strangely not mentioned) that Wilf's shooting is 'powerful and not inaccurate' only required the intervention of the 'don't have to give it much thought police'

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

One of the most astonishing shots I've ever seen. I've watched it over and over to see if it can be identified exactly how high up it landed in the stand. Got to be near the very top, was absurd.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

Name this City player:

kasper’s passes?

21 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Very romantic. Does that mean you now realise that Wilf can’t hit a barn door with a banjo? 

You appear to be emulating the proverbial dog with a bone - only the bone, in this instance, has precious little flesh or marrow.

Do you want me to come out waving a white hankie on a cane - humbly admitting your ridiculous assertion? If that's the case then you'll have a long wait...pal. 

As you stated, we have very differing opinions. Regrettable you couldn't leave it at that. 

14 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Well yes, but your claim (strangely not mentioned) that Wilf's shooting is 'powerful and not inaccurate' only required the intervention of the 'don't have to give it much thought police'

As in the past, that huge ego comes forcing its way through what had begun as a fairly benign interchange to a uncontentious reflection on Wilf - accompanied by that shrewish tongue.

You don't seem to be content with having proven your point by donning the Stattoman costume. Is this latest post because I didn't react to your stats?

"Strangely not mentioned". Haven't you already demolished my claim - so why add fuel to your fire? See my response to Swaller5(?) re dog and bone.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

You appear to be emulating the proverbial dog with a bone - only the bone, in this instance, has precious little flesh or marrow.

Do you want me to come out waving a white hankie on a cane - humbly admitting your ridiculous assertion? If that's the case then you'll have a long wait...pal. 

As you stated, we have very differing opinions. Regrettable you couldn't leave it at that. 

I was replying to you. I was taught that it’s rude to ignore someone. 

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

As in the past, that huge ego comes forcing its way through what had begun as a fairly benign interchange to a uncontentious reflection on Wilf - accompanied by that shrewish tongue.

You don't seem to be content with having proven your point by donning the Stattoman costume. Is this latest post because I didn't react to your stats?

"Strangely not mentioned". Haven't you already demolished my claim - so why add fuel to your fire? See my response to Swaller5(?) re dog and bone.

No. It was because the post I replied to was 'poor me' bobbins-in-aspic claiming the 'thought police' had done you in for the crime of 'loving shooting'. Which was patently not what happened. It's funny that you claim others are "dogs chasing a bone" when the post in question was an essentially unnecessary response to what could have been a closing point - that we have different opinions.

As regards my having a huge ego, I'll just leave this here...

"One assumption you can make is that, if I post on here, I do so with seriousness and a measure of knowledge and accrued (over fifty years) familiarity with football."