Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Somebody on here called it quite early on that his role looked to have changed in that he was going chasing after the ball higher up the pitch than previously.

This has become more and more evident over time. Like a lot of things Rodgers has done over the last 12 months, he has overcomplicated  it with Ndidi.

Yes Ndidi has had a poor period, but get him patrolling the area in front of the back 4 and destroying dangerous situations, rather than trying to nick it higher up the pitch leaving us exposed, and he'll look better again.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Somebody on here called it quite early on that his role looked to have changed in that he was going chasing after the ball higher up the pitch than previously.

This has become more and more evident over time. Like a lot of things Rodgers has done over the last 12 months, he has overcomplicated  it with Ndidi.

Yes Ndidi has had a poor period, but get him patrolling the area in front of the back 4 and destroying dangerous situations, rather than trying to nick it higher up the pitch leaving us exposed, and he'll look better again.

Maybe you are right, but timing of his tackles has been way off the entire season to the point of being reckless. How many penalties and needless fouls has he given? When he plays, he is like a ticking time bomb now. 

And as he contributes nothing to attacking plays, and as he is a liability when it comes to beating the press and transitioning play, he has to be dropped. Just not good enough at the moment. Madders has significantly improved this season with his transitional play, but having Ndidi back is like putting a handicap on him and the entire team. Playing KDH with Madders is so much better. As for the remaining part in midfield, it still has to be Tielemans, but he has been so inconsistent this season which is a worry - but when he plays next to Ndidi, Tielemans is consistently bad because Ndidi is simply a liability at the moment. Ndidi does not show himself well for a pass, and when he receives a pass he either back pass it or he takes too long to pass it forward. Worst is his positional play. We have nothing going through the middle and our plays are so predictable with slow build ups down the sides.

Drop Ndidi.

Edited by Tom12345

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Had a terrible match agaIn.

The strange thing was Rodgers praising his performance on the radio after along with Thomas.

He's been way off the pace for months

That is worrying and is not giving me much hope Rodgers can turn this around …

14 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Maybe you are right, but timing of his tackles has been way off the entire season to the point of being reckless. How many penalties and needless fouls has he given? When he plays, he is like a ticking time bomb now. 

And as he contributes nothing to attacking plays, and as he is a liability when it comes to beating the press and transitioning play, he has to be dropped. Just not good enough at the moment. Madders has significantly improved this season with his transitional play, but having Ndidi back is like putting a handicap on him and the entire team. Playing KDH with Madders is so much better. As for the remaining part in midfield, it still has to be Tielemans, but he has been so inconsistent this season which is a worry - but when he plays next to Ndidi, Tielemans is consistently bad because Ndidi is simply a liability at the moment. Ndidi does not show himself well for a pass, and when he receives a pass he either back pass it or he takes too long to pass it forward. Worst is his positional play. We have nothing going through the middle and our plays are so predictable with slow build ups down the sides.

Drop Ndidi.

I think he's our best CB right now! He's not at his best in midfield currently but has shown he can be very effective in defence. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think he's our best CB right now! He's not at his best in midfield currently but has shown he can be very effective in defence. 

Have you missed him trying to give away a penalty every other time he plays centre back? 

He's had a couple of good games there but he's generally been bombscare.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Have you missed him trying to give away a penalty every other time he plays centre back? 

He's had a couple of good games there but he's generally been bombscare.

Yeah, he made the mistake vs Liverpool but was very solid otherwise in the game. The other game I think you're referring to was vs Legia at home and he started in centre-mid if I remember correctly.

Not saying he's amazing at CB, but he's the best that we have currently and that says a lot I agree. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Drop Ndidi.

....Rodgers handicapping the team!!!

This is another example of Rodgers hanging players out to dry,. If you set out to undermine a star player by trying to turn him into something you think he is capable of, and it is not working, then you are hurting the team. For a long time this team has relied on Wilf to do the clearing up and he has tirelessly did his job and we have benefitted from it.

People are now saying to drop him, because he is now involved in areas on the pitch he is not good at, and offers little to the team, yet the manager insists that we continue to do what evidently does not work and the player takes all the blame for it. The body language of the players, could well be down to their frustration of what is being asked of them as opposed to being disinterested in the game or the outcome.

I hope it will not have to take a tv pundit to point out what he is asking from Ndidi is not going to happen, not now and I would say never, it is the only time you will see Rodgers react to a situation, when what he does is being questioned by media pundits.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, martyn said:

I did....I've been making this point ever since Rodgers went from his initial plan of a midfield 3 with Ndidi at the base, to a midfield two with Tielemans-Ndidi alongside each other.

Ndidi has gone from the best defensive holding midfielder in the league, to a guy who looks incapable of playing Premier League football.

I'm getting fed up of people being 'happy' to just sell every single player we have, and keep Rodgers instead.

The Man who's judgement has caused the obvious decline of Ndidi/Pereira/Castagne and others, is not the man who should be responsible for a 'Rebuild'.....

I think it's obvious we have a very good squad, but it's also very obvious our 'coaching' is terrible. 

We're playing the same dire, depressing, technically inferior, physically inferior, football, every week....

And we're continued to be coached to play this exact 'style'.

Every team can progress the ball better than us....And every side is outrunning us. It's not acceptable. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kierzz said:

The strange thing was Rodgers praising his performance on the radio after along with Thomas.

I can only think that rodgers, knowing what shape and tactics we were supposed to be playing, could see that wilf was being pulled out of position to cover others not doing their jobs.   To us uninformed, it didn’t look like wilf had a good game! 

• Thanks 1

On 06/02/2022 at 17:54, Kierzz said:

Perhaps because he won 6 tackles, made 4 interceptions, had 5 headers and completed 88% of his passes.

On 06/02/2022 at 18:01, Tom12345 said:

That is worrying and is not giving me much hope Rodgers can turn this around …

May seem “strange” and “worrying” to folks on the Internet or in the stands…

But one would imagine those stats reflect the primary ROLE he’s supposed to play on the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going to get shot down but wilf looks half the player he used to be, could be a mixture of things but I have noticed he get’s bypassed in midfield a lot more regularly than he used to and seems to just jog back half hearted, I could be totally wrong but seems to be going through the motions a bit

• Like 4

On 18/02/2022 at 17:21, sammy82 said:

Probably going to get shot down but wilf looks half the player he used to be, could be a mixture of things but I have noticed he get’s bypassed in midfield a lot more regularly than he used to and seems to just jog back half hearted, I could be totally wrong but seems to be going through the motions a bit

I’ve been saying this to friends for weeks now, your not alone with your opinion.

• Like 2

He used to be everywhere breaking up attacks with his telescopic legs but I’ve noticed he’s nowhere near when the opposition have long shots lately, It might be time to bring in some serious competition for his place in the summer and give him a kick up the ass

Edited by sammy82
V
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Still making the most interceptions and tackles per 90 of anyone in the league.

Maybe consider the system and how he is being asked to play is the issue and not the player himself.

Yes definitely just need to let him sit in front of the back four and do his thing like he used to

• Like 1