Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

I don't think Ndidi's form is so much an issue of Rodgers trying to remodel his game.

The transfer speculation plus perhaps the feeling that he's already achieved a lot means he's got a bit too comfortable and doesn't have the same drive.

A number of goals we've conceded are from the half space between the defence and midfield which is his area to patrol. And he should be one of our key players defending set pieces - I remember he'd often be our first man to them but he doesn't seem to be as aggressive in defending them. 

I'd be happier with him at CB as he seems to take on more responsibility in that position, with Mendy in front of the back four as he has the pressing game and neat passing ability that fits our style of play. Ndidi's one of the few physical players we have so we can't afford not to play him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

with Mendy in front of the back four as he has the pressing game and neat passing ability that fits our style of play

Mendy doesn't have the legs for that, gets the run around too easily.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Mendy doesn't have the legs for that, gets the run around too easily.

Just like Ndidi at the moment then..

These last 2 season, I reckon Mendy's

Performances as a string,were the last best performances,for this position..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 21/02/2022 at 19:40, lcfc_forever said:

I don't think Ndidi's form is so much an issue of Rodgers trying to remodel his game.

The transfer speculation plus perhaps the feeling that he's already achieved a lot means he's got a bit too comfortable and doesn't have the same drive.

A number of goals we've conceded are from the half space between the defence and midfield which is his area to patrol. And he should be one of our key players defending set pieces - I remember he'd often be our first man to them but he doesn't seem to be as aggressive in defending them. 

I'd be happier with him at CB as he seems to take on more responsibility in that position, with Mendy in front of the back four as he has the pressing game and neat passing ability that fits our style of play. Ndidi's one of the few physical players we have so we can't afford not to play him. 

....he patrols between the lines, screening the backline as opposed to looking to control the half spaces!!!

If he is more attentive in the CB role then you would assume it is not a lack of effort on his part more a desolation in regards to what is happening around him and you wonder if some of the players have given up on the season already.

So long as he get to do what he is good at, in front of the backline, we might just see the old Wilf back.

58 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

So poor today. It's not only his passing but his tackling is not good either. And leaves the centre halves exposed so many times. 

I'd prefer to see KDH and Tielemans in midfield, with Maddison behind the striker. 

Agree this would also be my Choice for the the Next 3-4 PL games...I might even throw in Choudhury...and Set up so..according to fitness..

Vardy's selection according to availability...

Kasper

Ricardo.     Amartey   Soyuncu.    Justin

Choudhury 

Tielemans         KDH 

Maddison

Daka.     Barnes.

Ndidi.  Needs Benching ,he seems to have taken a Nacho tutorial.  He might still Not be there, with his long past injuries..

Nacho: forget last season,forget he as not started many games,

hes had enough chances to show he can Take a game..& he cant even Control the ball..He s had nearly 5 years..

Soumare , Daka Lookman are new & have come into a misfiring squad...

On 21/02/2022 at 01:33, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

For me, the Ndidi situation sums up Brendan and why I've lost faith in the manager. Ironically, Claudio was called the Tinkerman but in the PL winning season he knew what to do and once he found the players and system, he used it.

Sadly it's BR who lives up to being the tinkerman, I believe in the vain hope that people see it as some football genius. 

Ndidi is no Kante (no one is), despite what some on here tried to persuade us to believe. Ngolo breaks up plays and creates rapid recycled ball endlessly. Wilf lacks the engine, vision and passing to do that. However, he is a really great destroyer if deployed properly. And Rodgers has piddled around with him. Yes, he's had to move him into centre defence at times. But when he's in midfield, Wilf looks lost now. 

Rodgers is always unduly messing around with players and their roles it seems to me or plays systems that negate their strengths. As a result, they've regressed in some cases amd lost confidence. 

The world is not static. Adapting to change is inevitable.

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We're in constant movement, and the truth is at constant work, but i don't know how adaptable to change this case is my friend 

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

....not if it is change for change sake!!!

This is a player who leads the stats in his position world wide and we seek to want to involve him supporting the attack. He knows what to do, sometimes playing to a players strengths is better than trying to alter a side in a preconceived image. Rodgers tactical masterclasses are a myth, he is limited and extremely flawed. He sets players up to fail, you watch Ndidi and Nacho, they are being asked to play in a way that does not suit their style of play, and there body language and performances reflect a dissolution in what has been asked of them. The morale in this team has dropped, and so has their belief.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not if it is change for change sake!!!

This is a player who leads the stats in his position world wide and we seek to want to involve him supporting the attack. He knows what to do, sometimes playing to a players strengths is better than trying to alter a side in a preconceived image. Rodgers tactical masterclasses are a myth, he is limited and extremely flawed. He sets players up to fail, you watch Ndidi and Nacho, they are being asked to play in a way that does not suit their style of play, and there body language and performances reflect a dissolution in what has been asked of them. The morale in this team has dropped, and so has their belief.

I think you're wrong.

On 24/02/2022 at 17:53, NasPb said:

We're in constant movement, and the truth is at constant work, but i don't know how adaptable to change this case is my friend 

That's probably the kindest most philosophical criticism of one of our hardest working players I've ever read here. Thank You.   

Wilf is being asked to play in a way that is totally at odds with his skill set. The proof that it is not working is visibly demonstrated in virtually every game in which he has been asked to play in that way. Wilf will not be an expansive, progressive passing midfielder that plays in a forward midfield role.

The incredible stats that he collected playing as a defensive midfielder, the spoiler in front of a back four, that allowed our full backs to break forward at speed and at times ripping opposition sides apart knowing that Wilf has held back in a defensive position with our centre backs, has been ripped up and broken apart by Brendan. Wilf has become a shadow of his former self where he seemingly can’t pass, head a ball to a team mate, plays the wrong side of his opposition midfielders and is largely unable to tackle or nick the ball like he used to.

Anyone who knows football would see that his talent is being totally wasted yet our manager is stubbornly continuing to negate the world class attributes that Wilf gave us on what appears to be a vanity project for Brendan

For goodness sake give it up Brendan and let the player go back to what he does best. If you do I believe we will have an effective and happy footballer and a far more cohesive side playing with confidence and far greater defensive ability than any side we have put out this season.

Edited by Solihullfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really can't see much of a difference in Wilf.

Hes always been prone to lapses of concentration, always been poor on the ball for a Premier league midfielder and always been excellent at tackling and intercepting.

Am I missing something as I've not really seen a change in this?

I understand the criticism of him maybe not being utlisised correctly, but he's not performing worse than you'd expect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I really can't see much of a difference in Wilf.

Hes always been prone to lapses of concentration, always been poor on the ball for a Premier league midfielder and always been excellent at tackling and intercepting.

Am I missing something as I've not really seen a change in this?

I understand the criticism of him maybe not being utlisised correctly, but he's not performing worse than you'd expect.

I think it natural to think your DM isn't playing well when the team is struggling defensively.

But for me it the team as a whole that is the issue.  

He can't do it all by himself. 

• Like 2

Wilf is being asked to play a more advanced role and is not patrolling the area in front of the defence like in previous seasons. 

In that scintillating spell we had in autumn 2019 we played a 4141, not the current 4231 formation with Wilf in a double pivot. Back then we had 2 fast attacking full backs who bombed forward with Wilf essentially being deployed to fill in behind whichever of the full backs advanced, which really played to his strengths. Asking him to play a similar role to Youri clearly doesn't!!

• Like 2