Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Doesn’t look the same player atm and not sure why. He looks a liability defensively and on the ball is really struggling. When the defenders have the ball, he seems to keep hiding behind the opposition players so that he can’t receive the ball and it’s making progressing the ball really hard. I would consider giving Mendy a go as I feel this is a strength of his. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Doesn’t look the same player atm and not sure why. He looks a liability defensively and on the ball is really struggling. When the defenders have the ball, he seems to keep hiding behind the opposition players so that he can’t receive the ball and it’s making progressing the ball really hard. I would consider giving Mendy a go as I feel this is a strength of his. 

I thought he had his best game in months on Saturday.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Got a bad feeling about his injury, especially as Rodgers mentioned the dreaded ligaments word in the post match interview. Don't want to sound pessimistic but could be season end for him. 

When's the next presser? 

Out for a few weeks

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Exaggerates the mind numbingly stupid decision to pick a 3rd keeper ahead of Papy for the EL squad. And i say that as a paid up member of the  pro-Rodgers camp  

Don't you have to have 3 GKs as part of the registration requirements? 

Just now, StanSP said:

Don't you have to have 3 GKs as part of the registration requirements? 

Nope. We could select 2 plus the third (if needed) drafted from the club trained  u/21 rule....ie the big American lad .....there was no uefa requirement for 3 keepers. 

As I said, a dreadful decision 

I'm guessing that with all his experience Brendan would know the likelihood of needing 3 keepers is pretty slim. I don't think he'd pick 3 keepers every European match unless he had to 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm guessing that with all his experience Brendan would know the likelihood of needing 3 keepers is pretty slim. I don't think he'd pick 3 keepers every European match unless he had to 

You would think so. But it seems he didn't even know we were in the Conference Cup until someone told him.

So I doubt he knew we could draft in a GK from the development squad if needed.

44 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They hope that he is. 

He tends to be one who comes back quicker than first anticipated when the injury is nasty and then out longer when it's just a knock/strain. Let's hope he's back for the QF's onwards.

22 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Given our #2 keeper is probably out for the season, I am nor second guessing the decision.

Agreed. You only have to get one injury to a senior keeper and suddenly you're on very thin ice. Probably not worth the risk.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He tends to be one who comes back quicker than first anticipated when the injury is nasty and then out longer when it's just a knock/strain. Let's hope he's back for the QF's onwards.

Well it depends on the number of weeks he's out for

Just now, turlo said:

oh ffs.  A number of weeks in Rodgers terminology = could miss the rest of the season!

"May miss a number of weeks"  >>  "Good thing for the lad he's taking those business courses at DMU"