Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

As long as his fit for the start of next season.

Mendy has show we have a replacement for the rest of the PL games

ECL maybe different, as no Mendy available.  

Could see Fofana being able play that role with his physicality and skill set. 

• Sad 1

F***

We'll miss him. Brentford goal today and one of their other main chances came from his zone infront of the back four. Papy particularly susceptible there. Need either Mendy or Bouba to significantly step up.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As long as his fit for the start of next season.

Mendy has show we have a replacement for the rest of the PL games

ECL maybe different, as no Mendy available.  

Could see Fofana being able play that role with his physicality and skill set. 

Not the worst choice Brendan could make.

Good in the air quick over the ground and can play football also. Definitely an option and leave Dan and Cags or Evans at CB.

• Like 1

I wonder if we’ll revert to a back 3 again now Ndidi is out. Especially as we have Evans, Fofana, JJ, Castagne and Ricardo back as well.

Not saying if that’s what I want necessarily, but interesting to see how Rodgers deals with it. Alternative is Mendy sitting in the league games and either Hamza or Soumaré playing there in the cup. 

The back 3 system could look something like: 

Schmeichel 

Fofana - Evans - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Tielemans - KDH - Justin

Maddison - Iheanacho - Barnes 

Would have decent options on the bench/ rotation options as well in:

Amartey / Castagne / Mendy / Soumaré / Daka / Lookman and hopefully after the international break Vardy and Albrighton as well etc etc 

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I wonder if we’ll revert to a back 3 again now Ndidi is out. Especially as we have Evans, Fofana, JJ, Castagne and Ricardo back as well.

Not saying if that’s what I want necessarily, but interesting to see how Rodgers deals with it. Alternative is Mendy sitting in the league games and either Hamza or Soumaré playing there in the cup. 

The back 3 system could look something like: 

Schmeichel 

Fofana - Evans - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Tielemans - KDH - Justin

Maddison - Iheanacho - Barnes 

Would have decent options on the bench/ rotation options as well in:

Amartey / Castagne / Mendy / Soumaré / Daka / Lookman and hopefully after the international break Vardy and Albrighton as well etc etc 

It's going to be harsh on Amartey and Soyuncu, who have battled admirably, but I'd rather stick with a back 4.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did he know Ndidi would get a long term injury? 

No but it was still a stupidly bad decision to exclude him - a recently crowned African champion who was voted into the team of the tournament -  in favour of Soumare, who apart from one dynamic performance away to Spartak Moscow has been routinely rubbish whenever he has played for us.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hammo said:

No but it was still a stupidly bad decision to exclude him - a recently crowned African champion who was voted into the team of the tournament -  in favour of Soumare, who apart from one dynamic performance away to Spartak Moscow has been routinely rubbish whenever he has played for us.

The squad had to be done before AFCON, no? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The squad had to be done before AFCON, no? 

A couple of days before the final, I believe, but Mendy had been superb in the tournament up to that point. I thought at the time that it was a bad decision by Rodgers to leave him out and keep Soumare in, and today provided further evidence of that.

53 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

F***

We'll miss him. Brentford goal today and one of their other main chances came from his zone infront of the back four. Papy particularly susceptible there. Need either Mendy or Bouba to significantly step up.

Hamza?? 

Think I prefer him in that role over the other two anyway. 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did he know Ndidi would get a long term injury? 

It's no surprise though is it? He gets 2 injuries at least a season, one usually for a couple of months. He's not a player we can truly rely upon without back up.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know he's just back from injury and it's the business end of the season so not the time to be arsing around trying things but I've always thought Fofana would make a quality defensive midfielder. 

Absolutely agree , Wilf  does a good job as an emergency CB and Wesley could certainly fill in for him as DM.