Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

4 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Possibly out for the rest of the season, according to Tanner.

It never rains but…

Disappointing to lose another player but he’s not had a great season (nor a great end to last season) and we haven’t looked any poorer whenever he’s been out this season really.

If we’d heard that news 18 months ago it would’ve been gutting and we’d have felt his absence massively, probably the 2nd most player we’d really struggle to be without only to Vardy, but being without Ndidi right now doesn’t feel like a massive deal.

I’m hoping he can come back next season like the player we all know he can be.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We've got to hope Rodgers can make one of Soyuncu or Fofana a passable CDM for the ECL or that competition is out of our reach. Makes my blood boil that Jakupovic is registered for that squad and Mendy isn't. 

Mendy has been badly treated all round. Rodgers obviously didn’t rate him.

Mendy deserves more than reserve football and if he is not played here he should be allowed to move on.  He was not even registered for the PL.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We've got to hope Rodgers can make one of Soyuncu or Fofana a passable CDM for the ECL or that competition is out of our reach. Makes my blood boil that Jakupovic is registered for that squad and Mendy isn't. 

You have to register 3 goalies don't you? Really Mendy should have been included over perez, Vestergaard, hamza or soumare but it's easy to say with hindsight. I wonder how many people were complaining at the time the squad was announced? Tried to find the thread to see but had no luck. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

You have to register 3 goalies don't you? Really Mendy should have been included over perez, Vestergaard, hamza or soumare but it's easy to say with hindsight. I wonder how many people were complaining at the time the squad was announced? Tried to find the thread to see but had no luck. 

Could have registered Odunze from the academy and he would not have taken up an extra spot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We might need Jakupovic if Schmeichel injured as Ward is already out

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I would have included him....no hindsight needed....I would have left out Perez.

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

So Ward injured and then Kasper pick up a knock you would be happy with a youth player with no experience playing in Qtr-final?

KDH played DM for Luton over 20 times last season.

He will cover Wilf.

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Mendy has been badly treated all round. Rodgers obviously didn’t rate him.

Mendy deserves more than reserve football and if he is not played here he should be allowed to move on.  He was not even registered for the PL.

He was allowed to move on in the summer. Apparently, there was a move lined up near the deadline, but it didn't come off. That's why he wasn't registered in the squad.

• Like 1

Re: European Squad

Mendy was excluded originally has it looked he was set to move in the final week of the transfer window. 

We are only allowed to name 24 players in our squad has we don't have enough players from our academy to qualify (4) - ie. we have three 

You are allowed to change 3 players for your knockout stages. We registered Justin and Fofana. Benkovic and Bertrand were removed. 

Totally understandable 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Were you saying that at them time though. Be interested to see posts. Don't remember their being huge outcry when the squad was announced? Could be wrong though as I can't find the thread. 

I might not have posted it on FT but I wasn't happy when it was announced....I rate Mendy....highly

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Re: European Squad

Mendy was excluded originally has it looked he was set to move in the final week of the transfer window. 

We are only allowed to name 24 players in our squad has we don't have enough players from our academy to qualify (4) - ie. we have three 

You are allowed to change 3 players for your knockout stages. We registered Justin and Fofana. Benkovic and Bertrand were removed. 

Totally understandable 

What about the 1 change we had left?

The goalkeeper situation I understand re ECL squad.....hell I even get including Vestergaard as we have so many CB injury issues. The 2 I can't understand is Perez or Soumare....both completely out of favour and nobody hanging their hat on them if key players get injured. Mendy had proven he could fill in for Ndidi....Soumare had not

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it will either be Hamza in Europe or KDH and Tielemans in a pivot in midfield!!!

KDH is being pushed with game time, eventually he is going to go over the edge, we do need his drive in the team, we just do not need him to be out for too long.

Luckily KDH has two weeks rest with no international involvement 

• 1 month later...