Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

7 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Would we have beaten roma if he was on the pitch with his aggression and height in the box?

well we certainly wouldn’t have been able to pass it around as much..

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Would we have beaten roma if he was on the pitch with his aggression and height in the box?

Probably not. 

Every time he's injured we're told we miss him and we're a better side with him in and will improve when he gets back, but that simply hasn't been the case in the past 18 months or so and we have always looked just as poor whenever he does get back in the side.

Dunno what's happened to him, but his complete loss of form from February 2021-present has been a big factor in our drop off in the second half of last season and this season.

I still like him a lot but he's really not  been the same player the past 18 months and I don't really see him as one of the first names on the teamsheet alongside the likes of Vardy and Evans anymore. Hopefully he can start to recapture his old form at some point.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

Would we have beaten roma if he was on the pitch with and height in ?

Funnily while watching the Roma 1st game the minute they scored the thought came to me that had Wilf played against Roma he would have covered Fofana as he moved out to support Ricky and possibly stopped them scoring. That's what he is good at. Just a pity he was out injured.

All suppossition now but we do miss his ball winning in front of the defense.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Dunno what's happened to him, but his complete loss of form from January 2021-present has been a big factor in our drop off in the second half of last season and this season.

I still like him a lot but he's really not  been the same player the past 18 months and I don't really see him as one of the first names on the teamsheet alongside the likes of Vardy and Evans anymore. Hopefully he can start to recapture his old form at some point.

.....Rodgers wants him to be better on the ball!!!

He is pushed to support us going forward and be progressive with the ball, he is not that player, there is a point where you say... "i have misread this and need to play to his strengths". It has now come to the situation where the player himself has become indifferent and his demeanour is clear on the pitch that he is not enjoying his game. This then transmit to watching supporters that he really does not care, his injury may have given him a chance to look at his options, if we continue to use him the way we have recently.

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Probably not. 

Every time he's injured we're told we miss him and we'll improve when he gets back, but we haven't been doing over the past 18 montha and have looked just as whenever he does get back in the side.

Dunno what's happened to him, but his complete loss of form from January 2021-present has been a big factor in our drop off in the second half of last season and this season.

I still like him a lot but he's not  been the same player the past 18 and I don't really see him as one of the first names on the teamsheet alongside the likes of Vardy and Evans anymore. Hopefully he can start to recapture his old form at some point.

I'm not a bit surprised by this. I've said it before He's been asked to do to much and sooner or later it takes it's toll. No player can be a one man team and that's more or less what Brendan is asking from him. He's making challenges left right and centre when we're under attack. He can do it in some games but not all games. The little kicks and knocks start to take effect coupled with the twinges and sore muscles and soon you've slowed down.

That's why we need someone to play alongside him on the left while he takes the right. It would also bring a balance to the team and leave us less exposed at times.

Instead of abusing him Brendan should be moulding our defensive unit around him and A.N Another.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We are a better side with Wilf. 

This simply hasn't been true since midway through last season though.

It used to be true, absolutely, but it's not been for a long while now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's why we need someone to play alongside him on the left while he takes the right. It would also bring a balance to the team and leave us less exposed at times.

Instead of abusing him Brendan should be moulding our defensive unit around him and A.N Another.

.....unable to agree with this part of your post, as Wilf needs to be playing on his own without having to adjust to accommodate a team mate!!!

Let him roam infront of the backline, win the ball and lay it off to players better on the ball. We got ahead of ourselves with trying to get Wilf playing progressively, it is obvious he cannot play that way, but the way he wants to play makes him one of the best in the league in his position.

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....unable to agree with this part of your post, as Wilf needs to be playing on his own without having to accommodate a team mate!!!

Let him roam infront of the backline, win and lay it off to players better on the ball. We got ahead of ourselves with trying to get Wilf playing , it is obvious he cannot play that way, but the way he wants to play makes him one of the best in the league in his position.

Respectively ,your just as entitled to your opinion. I wasn't suggesting that we try and make an attacking midfielder out of him. I agree he doen't have the skillset for that,

I think we'd be better served if we had a similar type playing on the left with both operating in a defensive mode protecting the defense.

Then I'd use an attacking minded player in front of them like Youri though I think we know he's not going to be here next year. But maybe KDH could play that role.

I think we'd get more from Wilf because he's not trying to continouely plug holes. We've got to stop leaking goals and this I think would be the place I'd start. Keeping the opposition further from our Goal and then go from there.

Look how easy Roma could play down the lines because there was big gaps in midfield. Let's build from the back and progress further next season with strong signings who will take us forward again.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Respectively ,your just as entitled to your opinion. I wasn't suggesting that we try and make an attacking midfielder out of him. I agree he doen't have the skillset for that,

I think we'd be better served if we had a similar type playing on the left with both operating in a defensive mode protecting the defense.

Then I'd use an attacking minded player in front of them like Youri though I think we know he's not going to be here next year. But maybe KDH could play that role.

I think we'd get more from Wilf because he's not trying to continouely plug holes. We've got to stop leaking goals and this I think would be the place I'd start. Keeping the opposition further from our Goal and then go from there.

Look how easy Roma could play down the lines because there was big gaps in midfield. Let's build from the back and progress further next season with strong signings who will take us forward again.

.....just look at 4-1-4-1, it is a very successful formation for us (we don't play any more)!!!

If we have to adjust in the middle, we need another KDH who covers the right and Wilf on his own, infront of the backline.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can't help but read that with a French accent.   :claude:

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....just look at 4-1-4-1, it is a very successful formation for us (we don't play any more)!!!

If we have to adjust in the middle, we need another KDH who covers the right and Wilf on his own, infront of the backline.

Get Tommy Doyle. Loan or purchase if possible. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Someone took a pic on Instagram and captioned it 'final season', to which Ndidi reposted on his own Insta story... 

Just saw that myself and thought it was odd, could be reading too much into it though.  

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not seen any updates or hints recently about his progress back towards fitness. Would like to think that he'll be available for pre-season but that might be optimistic. 

:dunno:

Was running around the pitch for Birch’s run so would presume he is progressing well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Just saw that myself and thought it was odd, could be reading too much into it though.  

I’d say it was more meant as final game of the season esq post than his last in a Leicester shirt, I guess we’ll soon see though lol 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Was running around the pitch for Birch’s run so would presume he is progressing well.

He spent about 15 minutes along the Family Stand. Stopping to have photos and sign autographs for all the kids with a big smile on his face.

Did several laps before the match and was leaping back and forth over the fences. Imagine he's not far off being fit.

• Like 4

On 08/05/2022 at 16:15, HankMarvin said:

Been interesting to see points with and points without 

From fbref:

Points per Game with Ndidi playing: 1.32

Points per Game for the club over the whole season: 1.37

It simply hasn’t been true for about 18 months now that “we are a better side when Ndidi plays”. And his personal performances have been pretty poor in that period as well.

Not that he doesn’t have the quality or ability to come back and be a great and really important player for us again, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near as important to us right now as he was 2 seasons ago and I definitely don’t think you can say “we were a better side when Ndidi played” this season.

Be interesting to see what happens to him really as I question whether we can really play Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall in the same side without having to neuter Maddison. Neither Ndidi or KDH has really good enough vision or passing range to be the linkman and other than bringing Maddison back and neutering him into doing more dirty work or wasting him out on the wing, I don’t really know how you fit Ndidi and KDH into the same side.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1