Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

I thought he was a decent player to begin with, then rumour Manu wanted him and he`s not made an ounce of effort since, can`t head, can`t shoot, can`t tackle, can`t score, never passes forwards, never passes more than 10 yards, hasn`t created a single thing in 2 years and some of you still think he`s good. I guess his family post on here.

Edited by steveb
spellink

If he was a fan not a player he`d ask for his seat to be turned around so he didn`t watch the game.

If he had a song it would be "sitting on the dock of the bay (or center circle if you prefer), wasting time, watching the clock ticking away.

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2022 at 17:20, Tom12345 said:

A complete liability these days. Always runs next to or in line with the opposition player making it virtually impossible for Evans or Amartey to pass to him, meaning that the ball has to go backwards or predictably sideway to the LB or RB. Today, interestingly Justin would go inside to form a 2 man defensive midfield when the ball is in our half to compensate for Ndidi’s handicap, and this worked first half as Barnes could drop back to receive the ball lower down the pitch on the left and did his things.  But as soon as we scored we forgotten to play again and Ndidi’s handicap cover was blown over and we could hardly string two passes together in central midfield. After Barnes and Perez were subbed off, we also had nothing from the sides. Tielemans is now just waiting to leave anyway so he could not do anything.

He recovered the ball ok today but his handicap to our going forward and creativity is just not worth it. He costed us the first goal and as for the second goal he lost the ball after his poor positioning to receive the pass from Tielemans and then poor control.

But he will continue to play. Rodgers will play him no matter what, even though we have better players in Mendy, Praet or even Nachos for Christ sake who can play better.

....what is he doing in that position is the question you need to ask!!!

Rodgers's great idea is to make him progressive with the ball, it is not him, he has picked up a bit on this part of his game, but he loses so much of what he is good at, playing this way. If Rodgers needs to play a certain way, then use the appropriate player to do so, if Ndidi goes and is played in his correct role, he is a much better player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Probably of no relevance but Ndidi and Tielemans have not been the same since KDH came into the team :ph34r:

Obviously I'm not blaming KDH for this, and there other reasons why the form Ndidi and Tielemans has dropped (injuries, not wanting to be here etc) We were at our best with them 2 and Maddison in front. We have played more of a midfield 3 since KDH came in to the side and not sure it suits either of them. 

I think there’s an argument that Tielemans has been played too deep - although he’s also to blame as well for his poor form

Ndidi is a bit of a mystery. He has been poor for a while, even before his injury.

As you say it’s not his fault, but I’ve always thought the midfield has been unbalanced with KDH in it. Just feels like we are forever crowbarring people into positions to get them in the team 

Can't understand why Rodgers, a manager with a possession-based ideology of the game doesn't play Mendy, a fantastic ball playing midfielder, more often.

Trying to play possession football and picking Amartey and Ndidi on a regular basis ahead of better footballers on the bench, is tantamount to lunacy. 

Set pieces alone can't be their reason for being in the side, surely? Not that it's helping us to not look frankly calamitous on them anyway.

We try to pass it, we lose the ball, we concede. I think the players see this and it's understandable that they might lose faith, which can look like a lack of desire and effort.

I know this is an N'didi thread and there's enough on here about our manager already, but it's hard not to route everything back to the cause, which is our useless manager. Sack him.

• Like 3

Wilf is another player who unfortunately just doesn’t look like happy. I can see he is confused on the pitch because mid flow of the game he and BR were pointing at different parts of the pitch where he should be. BR wanted him higher but Ndidi was pointing at the Southampton guy behind him suggesting he should be with him.

When the players are not comfortable playing BR’s way then there is massive problems.

BR is again mis managing his games through bad decisions. Against Brentford he should have brought some fresh legs on and against Southampton he brought guys on but changed our system which was controlling Southampton.

For a guy who’s meant to be really good tactically he has made some horrendous tactical decisions.

Anyway back to Wilf. He’s not great at picking passes and BR shouldn’t be putting him in a role like this. If you play him do so in the folding role on his own in front of the back 4 and get him winning the ball back and make simple passes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

am i the only one that has completely lost faith in wilf? 

Everything that was once super about his game has dropped a level. He’s not the incredible ball winner that he once was. 

I know ita harder to judge him when he’s playing cb, but this is beyond that. ignore those games… when was the last time you’ve watched him and been genuinely impressed? 

I can’t help but feel his legs and with that his acceleration have gone and he’s just a few steps behind the game these days. players have these drop offs, but usually they have other assets to rely on… wilf has nothing else to his game.  The clumsiness comes from him not being able to make the challenges his brain thinks he can. 

It’s horrible to think it, but i’m not convinced we will see the old wilf again. 

lots of people have claimed it’s down to rodgers forcing him to play more of the ball but i think it’s more than just that. 

i’m obviously happy for him to have time but my gut tells me we’d be far better off with mendy in the 11 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Everything that was once super about his game has dropped a level. He’s not the incredible ball winner that he once was. 

I know ita harder to judge him when he’s playing cb, but this is beyond that. ignore those games… when was the last time you’ve watched him and been genuinely impressed? 

I can’t help but feel his legs and with that his acceleration have gone and he’s just a few steps behind the game these days. players have these drop offs, but usually they have other assets to rely on… wilf has nothing else to his game.  The clumsiness comes from him not being able to make the challenges his brain thinks he can. 

It’s horrible to think it, but i’m not convinced we will see the old wilf again. 

lots of people have claimed it’s down to rodgers forcing him to play more of the ball but i think it’s more than just that. 

i’m obviously happy for him to have time but my gut tells me we’d be far better off with mendy in the 11 

He's been Rodgersised!

• Like 2

Hes been out with injuries, missed pre season and playing in a team that's all over the place. Hes been one of the best defensive midfielders in the prem and the passing side of his game and his ability to look after the ball in tight space was starting to improve prior to his run of injuries. We simply weren't as good without him. He belongs in front of the defense where hes been shit hot not playing as bloody CB or being told to run around fu*k knows where and play like he's Messi. Lets not forget how much people were claiming Maddison was complete crap when he was coming back from injury only to end up top scorer and player of the season.

Wilf is the man. 

I think it's very difficult to make a definitive judgement on any of our players at the moment (with the possible exception of Ward, who is properly shit). Same reason I've not got Vardy down as finished, I'm not especially worried about Daka's long-term prospects here and I don't think Justin's loss of form is a permanent thing - they're playing in a team devoid of rhythm and belief, under a manager who is sucking the life out of them and makes clear at every opportunity that collectively he doesn't think they're up to much. I think Wilf looks crap because, like the rest of the team, his motivation and confidence levels are basically at rock bottom and there are glaring flaws in the way we set up.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

....Mendy suits Rodgers style better, he lacks the physicality to do what Ndidi does but he moves the ball well to suit us!!!

No point judging Ndidi in the role he now plays, when you are struggling for confidence having to go through games trying to adapt and playing out of position. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Mendy suits Rodgers style better, he lacks the physicality to do what Ndidi does but he moves the ball well to suit us!!!

No point judging Ndidi in the role he now plays, when you are struggling for confidence having to go through games trying to adapt and playing out of position. 

‘Rodgers style’? Just remind us all what that is😂

RODGERS IS USING HIM WRONG 

HE'S TRYING TO MAKE HIM A CM INSTEAD OF THE STRAIGHT DESTROYER HE IS 

SIMPLIFY THE GAME FOR HIM AND YOU WILL SEE THE BEST RRSULTS EVER. 

WHEN HE PLAYS WITH NIGERIA HE'S GREAT. 

HE IS A CDM, NOT A CM. JUST LET HIM COOK 🇨🇰 

I think with Wilf he just needs to be a destroyer then short pass to someone else. In the right role he’s one of the best in the league but when asked to do too much he can’t cut it. He’s miles off Kante. He needs a manager that lets him go back to basics and I firmly believe he’d be back to his best. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trueblue96 said:

He can be in multiple positions and his versatility is probably the best in our current squad. He knows when to hit the spot just right and the way he controls the ball is genuinely world class.

He's great on the pitch too.

Who?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it seems not.....

On 22/08/2022 at 13:47, steveb said:

If he was a fan not a player he`d ask for his seat to be turned around so he didn`t watch the game.

If he had a song it would be "sitting on the dock of the bay (or center circle if you prefer), wasting time, watching the clock ticking away.

On 22/08/2022 at 07:15, tetly said:

He used to be a beast absolutely brilliant but not anymore it seems. Not sure what happened but him at 100% makes us so much better.

On 21/08/2022 at 22:46, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He needs shaking up and told to get his finger his finger out his ass and start playing 

On 21/08/2022 at 13:21, lcfc_forever said:

I remember him misjudging a header vs Liverpool in the league cup that cost us their equaliser. ......................................................................................................................................................3 year cycles make sense, we've just got too many players who have it too easy and lost their edge at the club. 

On 21/08/2022 at 12:56, Suzie the Fox said:

Was alright in the 1st half, but his passing is just not improving. I'd be playing Mendy. 

On 21/08/2022 at 12:54, filbertway said:

Very concerning how easily Adams accellerated away from him at one point. I can't remember if it was in the lead up to one of the goals, but he looked like he was running through treacle.

On 21/08/2022 at 12:51, frany104 said:

Of all the assets we should be selling it’s Ndidi. 

has been regressing for 2 years now. Doesn’t deserve his place in the team. Should’ve sold him at his peak value and reinvested with someone like sangare. 

On 20/08/2022 at 11:48, Phenom said:

He was shit. Constantly beaten and can’t progress the ball forward. His stock probably isn’t very high or I would look to offload before it drops even more. Maybe he’ll improve under a new manager…

On 20/08/2022 at 11:43, lcfc_forever said:

There’s been questions over his mental toughness - we’ve got too many players who just can’t handle any sign if any pressure. 

On 20/08/2022 at 11:31, Fazzer 7 said:

He's absolute dogshit atm and has been for what feels like 2 seasons tbh.

He too must be aware he is not at his best.... what a state we are in.

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I think with Wilf he just needs to be a destroyer then short pass to someone else. In the right role he’s one of the best in the league but when asked to do too much he can’t cut it. He’s miles off Kante. He needs a manager that lets him go back to basics and I firmly believe he’d be back to his best. 

He doesn’t look capable since his injuries to return to his best. Genuinely think we need to look to sell and reinvest 

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think I have pretty much given up trying to judge the current quality of our players whilst Rodgers is still in charge

I don't think there is 1 player right now playing the level we know they can play at after what he has done with them, and I doubt we will see any return to that level whilst he is in charge

Except for Ward who is playing at a level we all fully expected to see from him. Another terrible decision by our glorious leader. 

On 22/08/2022 at 19:52, sacreblueits442 said:

....what is he doing in that position is the question you need to ask!!!

Rodgers's great idea is to make him progressive with the ball, it is not him, he has picked up a bit on this part of his game, but he loses so much of what he is good at, playing this way. If Rodgers needs to play a certain way, then use the appropriate player to do so, if Ndidi goes and is played in his correct role, he is a much better player.

Absolutely spot on.  Another player that Rodgers has ruined trying to make him into what he's not, instead of playing to his strengths. He used to be consistently top of the league for tackles and interceptions, until Rodgers tried to make him a more progressive midfielder. So much hype within the media about how Rodgers improves players, because that is the narrative Rodgers puts out there, and the media buy it, but its complete bull, we have a number of players that have regressed since he has been here.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Problem is we’ve tried him as a centre back, a traditional anchor man and a centre mid in a 433 4231 and 352 over the past 18 months or so and it’s seemed to make no difference.

We’ve tried going back to basics with him and it hasn’t really worked. He doesn’t seem to be any good regardless of whether he’s in his best position or not these days. 

I want him to come good again but I also think there’s far more to his issues than just “Rodgers’ system”

Edited by Sampson