Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Problem is we’ve tried him as a centre back, a traditional anchor man and a centre mid in a 433 4231 and 352 over the past 18 months or so and it’s seemed to make no difference.

We’ve tried going back to basics with him and it hasn’t really worked. He doesn’t seem to be any good regardless of whether he’s in his best position or not these days. 

I want him to come good again but I also think there’s far more to his issues than just “Rodgers’ system”

...in all those positions he is being asked to be progressive with the ball!!!

In the double pivot, he is still being asked to do more than he should, you can see in the 4-3-3 that he is also being asked to be part of the build up. 

His game is not what it was because he is not being asked to play how he was. Take him out of the team and send him to a manager who understands his strengths,  he (Wilf) has probably made his mind up, that is what he wants to do anyway. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

In the double pivot, he is still being asked to do more than he should, you can see in the 4-3-3 that he is also being asked to be part of the build up. 

His game is not what it was because he is not being asked to play how he was. Take him out of the team and send him to a manager who understands his strengths,  he (Wilf) has probably made his mind up, that is what he wants to do anyway. 

Progressive passes? In this team? I haven’t seen that. It’s the sideways passes that Ndidi has been struggling with.

I don’t think he’s being asked to do any different to what he was 2 years ago in the 433, if anything we play far less progressive football and far more sideways football than we used to.

Also, if Ndidi is such a limited player who can only play one very very specific way in one very very specific system then that’s a really bad trait to have for someone in his position. We shouldn’t be building the team around a player like him and tailoring the team to suit our defensive midfielder. We should be tailoring our team to get the best out of our best attacking players like Maddison and Barnes and if Ndidi can’t play in those systems that support getting the best out of those players then he isn’t needed here quite simply. 

I don’t think that’s the case though as he has showed he can play in all these systems before and he was never this bad in possession 2 years ago.

I’m just not convinced that it’s as simple as “it’s the manager” with Ndidi, as it maybe is for other players. There’s a lot to blame Rodgers for, but Ndidi’s poor form for a long time now go much deeper than “Rodgers’ system” and it’s also not good that a player can only play in very very specific systems and styles anyway 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Agree ...

This is where Brendan, went into panic mode...Ndidi,Amartey,even Tielemans ,trying to play various fire buckets...

Get back to putting & placing them in the role they are made for..!!

Our ship is not so holed has last year.

We should stop trying to be too clever..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Whilst I get what you mean to a degree. When we’re not in possession, wilfs game has not changed at all. He is still there to be a ball winning midfielder, and the quality of that part of his game has been really poor in the last year. He’s more clumsy and less efficient with his tackling, seems to be short of a yard of pace imo.

The fact he’s not capable of playing pretty simple passes at times is a major reason we’re struggling to build up from the back. I get the argument that we should stop trying to do that and just get the ball up the pitch quickly, but you can see the way the successful teams play so I understand us trying to replicate that. Yes, Rodgers needs to be less stubborn but wilf needs to be less sh*t too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Whilst I get what you mean to a degree. When we’re not in possession, wilfs game has not changed at all. He is still there to be a ball winning midfielder, and the quality of that part of his game has been really poor in the last year. He’s more clumsy and less efficient with his tackling, seems to be short of a yard of pace imo.

The fact he’s not capable of playing pretty simple passes at times is a major reason we’re struggling to build up from the back. I get the argument that we should stop trying to do that and just get the ball up the pitch quickly, but you can see the way the successful teams play so I understand us trying to replicate that. Yes, Rodgers needs to be less stubborn but wilf needs to be less sh*t too.

....that was never our game, his remit has changed, let him go elsewhere, and he will enjoy his life a lot better!!!

6 hours ago, Dusty said:

He doesn't warrant a place in the team at the moment even how dreadful we have been

• Like 1

Isn’t it funny….the only way that we can really consider the inverted FB’s is to play with a beast DM aka Ndidi yet he’s playing at CB.

To the naked eye, he looks physically shot compared to the long legged, ball winning beast he once was.

Any stats on this?

Edited by SafewayFox

Feel sorry for the fella. Seemingly asked to be something he isn't, recovering from a couple of serious injuries and now playing in a team in which almost every player has regressed to pale shadows of their former selves. 

• Like 3

On 20/08/2022 at 20:29, tsintskaro said:

You cant blame system, manager, "bad form" or enlgand's crap weather for being bellow average footballer for 2+ years.

I really was expecting from club to offload him and get Sangare or someone who is physical and good on ball

now we are stuck with deadwood 

posted this month ago and before that as well

at this point i cant be bothered with these crap players, shit manager and clueless owner/board

i just watch game without any emotional attachments 

On 10/09/2022 at 20:15, l444ry said:

Feel sorry for the fella. Seemingly asked to be something he isn't, recovering from a couple of serious injuries and now playing in a team in which almost every player has regressed to pale shadows of their former selves. 

But he doesn’t even do “DM” stuff well right now.

At one stage, I saw KDH deeper than him when Spurs were about to break out press (was so easy to see) and then he didn’t have the legs to get back in the midst of the trouble.

Another player who seems to be broken physically.

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

0 tackles and 1 interception today. Very poor for a DM.

https://www.sofascore.com/tottenham-hotspur-leicester-city/MXpf

He just strolls around. Clumsy in tackles. Stays behind a Spurs player in direct passing line, so our CBs can only pass to our full backs or Tielemans when he drops back, while he waves his hands around like he is the coach. Then the one time he made himself available for a pass from Evans, he had no intention to move the ball up as he never even once looked forward, he was just tying to pass it back to the keeper before he was dispossessed. Just a poor player nowadays. Yet Rodgers insists on playing him. Main reason why we are so shit nowadays and why we are so much better with Mendy, and even Soumare or anyone!

• Like 3

Over a period of about 3 seasons, he was arguably our best player.

Over the past year or so, he's made so many unforced errors that he's a candidate for worst player when he's started.

I know all players have periods of poor form, but what the hell has happened to him - and how the hell has the management team not managed to turn it around to restore his concentration, self-belief and performance levels? :dunno:

I want the old Wilf back again.....

Just now, don_danbury said:

all he seems to do now is give away fouls, penalties and goals. absolutely useless

Its how he is being coached. The 3rd goal came about because he is being asked to look for the short pass and not take risks. Someone will come in and get the best out of him, but Brendan can't.