Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

A prime example of Rodgers mismanagement to put it mildly. Being asked to play counter to his strengths and then Rodgers simply ignores and sidelines Mendy as he has done with others like Soyuncu. The guy is a corrosive, malign influence. He has destroyed this squad. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm convinced that as soon as Rodgers goes and a manager comes in and simplifies our game and tries to restore some confidence and calm and Ndidi, Justin and Vardy improve dramatically. 

100%. Its gonna be a breath of fresh air for everyone. 

Players and fans alike. Rodgers' refusal to adapt or even go back to basics and willingness to overcomplicate things is hindering us. 

On 17/09/2022 at 19:59, SafewayFox said:

But he doesn’t even do “DM” stuff well right now.

At one stage, I saw KDH deeper than him when Spurs were about to break out press (was so easy to see) and then he didn’t have the legs to get back in the midst of the trouble.

Another player who seems to be broken physically.

.. why is he so far forward,  because he has been  asked to!!!

All these shortcomings have been there from day one, they did not come to light until Rodgers asked for a different approach to building the game.

Why do you expect anything else if he is constantly asked to put his weakest game forward, you are always going to have these issues, they will not go away and all his confidence will be draining from him every time he steps on the pitch.

I would rather see him leave and go to a club prepared to use him as you should, than listen to the constant ridicule being mentioned here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

A prime example of Rodgers mismanagement to put it mildly. Being asked to play counter to his strengths and then Rodgers simply ignores and sidelines Mendy as he has done with others like Soyuncu. The guy is a corrosive, malign influence. He has destroyed this squad. 

Exactly. He insists on playing a certain way but then keep ignoring players best suited to play his way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. why is he so far forward,  because he has been  asked to!!!

All these shortcomings have been there from day one, they did not come to light until Rodgers asked for a different approach to building the game.

Why do you expect anything else if he is constantly asked to put his weakest game forward, you are always going to have these issues, they will not go away and all his confidence will be draining from him every time he steps on the pitch.

I would rather see him leave and go to a club prepared to use him as you should, than listen to the constant ridicule being mentioned here.

I hope that you’re right.

I just think the regression of Wilf is also due to his physical attributes letting him down.

Watching Spurs’ third goal back, both him and Evans were to blame with the pass being a very lazy one from Evans but Wilf’s lack of ability to recycle the ball further than 2 yards is a glaring issue for me.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Wilf is possibly the biggest victim of Rodger’s poor management.

A young player we signed some years ago, with bags of potential, the best stats in the league for tackles won, blocks etc.. now to become an absolute shadow of his former self.

Ndidi is a good player. We know that and we’ve all seen it. And his career has gone off the rails in a big way.

And Rodgers was meant to have a reputation for developing young players.

It’s sad to see tbh

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Wilf is possibly the biggest victim of Rodger’s poor management.

A young player we signed some years ago, with bags of potential, the best stats in the league for tackles won, blocks etc.. now to become an absolute shadow of his former self.

Ndidi is a good player. We know that and we’ve all seen it. And his career has gone off the rails in a big way.

And Rodgers was meant to have a reputation for developing young players.

It’s sad to see tbh

Sorry Col, he has dropped off and in general I do agree with you but it's the basics he gets wrong that frustrate me.

His inability to pass to a team mate. How simple is that? Yet I'm constantly seeing him, a top flight player, unable to do it. Same with his control, often it gets him in trouble because it's so poor.

Of course management (including the coaches) have a part to play in player development but the player is responsible for a lot as well and N'didi has not been good enough now for a long time. People just cling onto past seasons with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry Col, he has dropped off and in general I do agree with you but it's the basics he gets wrong that frustrate me.

His inability to pass to a team mate. How simple is that? Yet I'm constantly seeing him, a top flight player, unable to do it. Same with his control, often it gets him in trouble because it's so poor.

Of course management (including the coaches) have a part to play in player development but the player is responsible for a lot as well and N'didi has not been good enough now for a long time. People just cling onto past seasons with him.

He couldn't do that stuff in 19/20 though, Wilf has obvious strengths and weaknesses. Yet the manager insists on him playing in such a way that negates his strengths and play to his weaknesses. It's really dumb management.

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Can’t argue with any of that mate, but we do see so often how players who look a shadow of themselves bounce back when under a new management/coaching regime. 
Ndidi needs a new arm around him AND to be played in his best position. He’s still relatively young and I think you’d see the best of him if played to his strengths 

23 hours ago, filbertway said:

He couldn't do that stuff in 19/20 though, Wilf has obvious strengths and weaknesses. Yet the manager insists on him playing in such a way that negates his strengths and play to his weaknesses. It's really dumb management.

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t argue with any of that mate, but we do see so often how players who look a shadow of themselves bounce back when under a new management/coaching regime. 
Ndidi needs a new arm around him AND to be played in his best position. He’s still relatively young and I think you’d see the best of him if played to his strengths 

I do not disagree with both of you there.

Another injury for Wilf?

Genuinely think we need to look at an Ndidi upgrade if we stay up.

Physically, he’s clearly on the decline, he can’t cover the grass like he once did and then you add in all of the above comments about his touch, passing he becomes a liability in my eyes.

Hate to say it but unless he’s fully fit, shouldn’t be starting for us right now.

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Another injury for Wilf?

Genuinely think we need to look at an Ndidi upgrade if we stay up.

Physically, he’s clearly on the decline, he can’t cover the grass like he once did and then you add in all of the above comments about his touch, passing he becomes a liability in my eyes.

Hate to say it but unless he’s fully fit, shouldn’t be starting for us right now.

I think because his game has been altered, and being asked to push up further sometimes, has led to this. 

He used to be so reliable just covering that defensive/central midfield area. Now he gets caught up with the play sometimes on the edge of the opponent's box and we get countered, then he's out of position. 

• Like 1