Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

For the last two years he's been injured half the time, it can't be good and he looks a poor imitation of himself. Pace slowed, telescopic legs gone, engine chuntering. I think the injuries have done more damage than we'd like to admit, not as flimsy as Ricardo's situation but a tragedy we don't get to see more of the best of these quality footballers.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

For the last two years he's been injured half the time, it can't be good and he looks a poor imitation of himself. Pace slowed, telescopic legs gone, engine chuntering. I think the injuries have done more damage than we'd like to admit, not as flimsy as Ricardo's situation but a tragedy we don't get to see more of the best of these quality footballers.

Exactly my thoughts on the whole situation.

I won’t lie, I’d love @StanSP to be right about what Rodgers ask of him tactically but it’s the scary lack of pace that Wilf seems to possess now that makes me believe he is now a “What if?” 

Just now, filbertway said:

Any news on Wilf? Playing him soon after a hamstring injury seemed like a classic Rodgers risk to me. Was he just removed as a precaution?

I imagine he got a very good 45 mins out of him, felt we were safe and protected him as a result. 

We'd have been screaming if he'd not started lets be honest.

Also felt like he had been told to do what he does best yesterday, sit deep, break up play etc. Hopefully BR finally letting him play to his strengths.

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I imagine he got a very good 45 mins out of him, felt we were safe and protected him as a result. 

Also felt like he had been told to do what he does best yesterday, sit deep, break up play etc. Hopefully BR finally letting him play to his strengths.

As long as he's not aggravated the injury then good stuff. Hard for me to trust Rodgers dealing with muscular injuries though so I'll believe he's okay when I see him start vs Bournemouth lol

Agreed on his performance yesterday, his role seemed to be ball winning and recycling. Hard to judge against a team that had no shape and could barely string 3 passes together though.

• Like 1

Thought he looked great yesterday, hopefully showing a return to form. 

Noticed that Faes and Jonny were bringing the ball out of defence much more than usual last night, thus bypassing the need to give Wilf the ball under pressure. 

Assume this was intentional, can only be a good thing to just allow Wilf to do what he does best.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

...most wanted him dropped!!!

It is significant we went back to the way we used to play and utilise playing to our players strengths. Great to see the team looking  to get forward and winning turnovers so high up on the pitch.

You wonder what has caused him to go back to how we used to play, it is hard to believe he came to this without some kind of agreement with the players.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2022 at 08:30, AjcW said:

How’s the team?

“Wilf Ndidi will probably be out for a little bit. He had a hamstring strain. He recovered well, but it was sore again. He will miss a few weeks. Papy Mendy has an issue with his knee so he will struggle. Everyone else is fine.”

lol

40 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We've no defensive midfield now.

So I'd like to see us move Wouts into midfield and bring in Soyuncu alongside Evans.

My fear is BR will go with Youri and Soumare and we get overrun.

And we know we concede Goals  when that happens.

Collectively, KDH and Soumare will have to take the load of the 'Defensive Midfield' duty

Don't over think it @Clever Fox

• Like 2

On 04/10/2022 at 08:30, AjcW said:

Exactly, the song doesn't go

'Wilfred, Wilfred Ndidi, he'll pick out an accurate pass for you'

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Collectively, KDH and Soumare will have to take the load of the 'Defensive Midfield' duty

Don't over think it @Clever Fox

I really hope you are right. This seems a perfect game to reintroduce Soyuncu into the team with both of our DFMs missing,

We've got to win this with Palace up next who are  very physical.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I assume the fact Rodgers played a clearly unfit Ndidi and put him out for another "few weeks" will only become noticed if today isn't a comfortable win lol

I wonder if the Imperial March is piped through every corridor and room Rodgers walks through because it sounds like he has control over every single department from the cheque book to the bins via the medical room

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I assume the fact Rodgers played a clearly unfit Ndidi and put him out for another "few weeks" will only become noticed if today isn't a comfortable win lol

Brendan clearly doesn't learn from past experiences.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

We've no defensive midfield now.

So I'd like to see us move Wouts into midfield and bring in Soyuncu alongside Evans.

My fear is BR will go with Youri and Soumare and we get overrun.

And we know we concede Goals  when that happens.

I seem to remember a Rodgers interview last year when he alluded to the fact he he’d prefer to go with a midfield that was multidimensional- where they can all get stuck in and all can pass .  I’d say that Soumarè can do a bit of that but Tielemans can’t! :D

• Like 1