Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I seem to remember a Rodgers interview last year when he alluded to the fact he he’d prefer to go with a midfield that was multidimensional- where they can all get stuck in and all can pass .  I’d say that Soumarè can do a bit of that but Tielemans can’t! :D

Yes, and that's a perfect midfield if we can get it. The problem is the signings have been wrong to achieve that.

We lack proper pace and height in the team.

We were out run by Bournemouth today not skill. There movement was great at times with them all working hard, Something we lacked today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Look better without him. 

4 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Rather Soumare and Mendy 👀 

He was almost like the old Wilf in the first half against Notts. He's the best we have in that position when fit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yet statistically we still did better in the league when he started than when he didn't

No we didn’t. What source do you have for that?

Statistically we did better without him last season. People got dog’s abuse for pointing out last season we looked better without him last season in this thread, even when showing the stats backed them up and even though it seemed quite self-evident to me.

From fbref:

points per game with Ndidi - 1.32

points per game without Ndidi - 1.42

https://fbref.com/en/squads/a2d435b3/2021-2022/Leicester-City-Stats

Edited by Sampson

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

From fbref:

In the league:

18 games started - 25 points - 1.38 points per game

20 games not started - 27 points - 1.35 points per game

I have done it on starts, where as Fbref in theres have included the sub appearance vs Arsenal when he came on with us already 2-0 down

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He was almost like the old Wilf in the first half against Notts. He's the best we have in that position when fit. 

Yeah agreed tbf, just don’t think he’s looked himself for a while now but guess injuries don’t help. 

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Statistically we did better without him last season. People got dog’s abuse for pointing out last season we looked better without him last season in this thread, even when showing the stats backed them up and even though it seemed quite self-evident to me.

From fbref:

I believe what I see with my own eyes…

in the last 2 seasons, his comeback games performances individually have been

generally below the mark. Maybe he’s delivered 5 good games…

I personally believe & put this down to match-preparation & fitness.

I believe a fit Ndidi can deliver…but will we ever see this over the next season…

Edited by fuchsntf

Not rushing him back into the 1st team, again,  we have squad depth now and actually utilising it to its capability.

We look like we having fun again, all friends.

Gonna be a few knock backs on the way, but we are back in the mix 

If we have 3 players from Ndidi ,soumare and mendy playing really well and full of confidence,  but sharing the game time that's win win for us! 😊

• 2 months later...

Hes been absolutely shite for years now and needs to be moved on really. Its just totally bizarre how he gets picked to play in a team that is supposively a ball playing possession team with his complete lack of ability to control/pass and is so uncomfortable on the ball. It just makes it so easy for the opposition to target him and cause turnovers which takes away any momentum we are trying to build. Mendy deserves to start and should be getting so much more game time then hes been given

Edited by South Shire Fox