Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

It seemed to bounce off him or be passed to the opposition by him a lot this evening.

He was great at intercepting/tackling and laying it straight off.  He's never been a ball player and it is unfair of Brendan to expose him like this.

We improved noticeably when he went off.

I hope he can find his form again, but I won't hold my breath.

I actually cannot believe how utterly hopeless he has become - could have been sent off for that tackle as well - he is an absolute car crash - can’t pass it 5 yards and doesn’t even seem to be able to tackle or intercept anymore - shouldn’t be anywhere near the 11 - so much better by mendy when he was on - Ndidi has gone from being a 50 million quid player to a park player - you literally couldn’t make it up 

• Like 1

Whilst I understand that stepping in for KDH 5mins before the kick off can be a little like rabbit in the headlights, this was still so poor from Wilf. Even if he won the ball he wouldn't know what to do with it. Every season that passes, he looks to have regressed even further than the previous season. Once the backbone of the squad, which now in turn, looks better off without him.

He should be the one we are looking to sell whilst his stock is relatively high. We need to start selling at peak value and reinvesting or we get the Tielemans and soyuncu situation. 

Ndidi has been crap for years now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Guest said:

Hard to watch him play at the moment. Like a beloved old family dog who can barely walk and spends the day dragging himself around the house and shitting everywhere. The difference in quality between him and someone like Palhinha is stark.

****ing love an FT analogy!

He looks unhappy tbh. He’s never been a great passer but he’s lost his relentlessness in the tackle and opponents simply outrun and out work him. He looks lost out there. A strange one really, a few years ago he wasn’t that far off Kante standards at least in the defensive part of the CDM role. He was absolutely vital to us. Now he’s behind Soumare and really should be behind Mendy. It’s all gone a bit Dele Alli. Like with the Soyuncu situation you do have to wonder wtf has gone on. 

• Like 1

Classic example of a player who is suffering as a result of belng over coached and asked to do things he is not capable of. Rodgers has an obsession in wanting him to be our equivalent of Busquets, he doesn’t have the skill set to do it so looks woefully poor and confidence has evaporated. Needs to play to his strengths and be deployed as the destroyer who then enables the ball players to play. 

• Like 1

Injury riddled too these last 2/3 years, constantly pushing for fitness to then be out for a couple months. A great player, we saw what Wilf & Ricardo were capable of with their stats, yet I'm struggling to see a way either gets back to those levels.

All we can hope to do is get them fit, get them happy. Some hope for Ndidi, still 26yo.

Edited by Jaspa

Guest Col city fan

I really feel for Wilf. Plagued by injury and being overly-coached.

He was such a natural talent when he joined the club. Young, energetic, brilliant stats for tackles won etc. Being linked with bigger clubs.
Now look at him…..

Bodgers has ruined him.

52 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

We’d be lucky to get what we paid for him back.

We hardly paid anything for him, we'd easily make a profit regardless of form if we wanted to sell him. He's definitely a player held in high regard elsewhere regardless of how poor he's been for us lately.

Confidence is a fragile thing. Like Barnes, he has none at the moment.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I think a lot of the players don’t actually like Rodgers and that reflects in their shabby, couldn’t-care-less performances, Wilf being a prime example. A different manager would get him - and others - firing again, I’m sure of it.

• Like 1

There was a moment in the second half where he lost the ball and didn't even run back to try to retrieve it. He just let the Fulham player run away from him. Not sure if that is too do with a lack of fitness or desire but something is seriously wrong with him. Very sad to see.