Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

9 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Remember when he used have some of the best statistics, for interceptions in Europe :cry:

Squawka did their annual 'top 10' thing a few days ago. 

A few seasons ago we'd have regular players in various categories - tackles, blocks, interceptions, chances created, goals scored, saves etc etc. 

The only one we had, from memory, was Maddison for goals outside the box. A shame that we used to frequent these categories but now nowhere to be seen :(

• Like 2

Much more like his old self that half - probably because he is having to defend the entire midfield himself with zero pressure or support from Tielemans and what stupidly looks like Perez dropping into centre mid at times

3 tackles won

3 clearances

1 interception

2 recoveries

6 ground duels won

3 aerial duels won

• Like 3

Anyone been seeing this news on Cameroon players having their ages tested and  moukoko for dortmund is 4 years older than he said, he was adopted. It reminded me a few years back of a Nigerian guy I played football with said ndidi was way older than he was saying and I just remembered he’s adopted. I don’t really care to much, but he’s definitely slowed  down a lot now and plays more like a 30 year old rather than someone who is 26, when that’s when you should be at your peak, actually when I think of him 4 years ago he was mustard, could be well off the mark but never know. 

Edited by Foxes99
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxes99 said:

Anyone been seeing this news on Cameroon players having their ages tested and  moukoko for dortmund is 4 years older than he said, he was adopted. It reminded me a few years back of a Nigerian guy I played football with said ndidi was way older than he was saying and I just remembered he’s adopted. I don’t really care to much, but he’s definitely slowed  down a lot now and plays more like a 30 year old rather than someone who is 26, when that’s when you should be at your peak, actually when I think of him 4 years ago he was mustard, could be well off the mark but never know. 

No need for conspiracies, Rodgers is just using him incorrectly. And has been for a while imo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

No need for conspiracies, Rodgers is just using him incorrectly. And has been for a while imo 

Whether Wilf is really 43 or in fact a robot remotely controlled by Rodgers , he covers nothing like the ground he used to. Something ain't right with him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whether Wilf is really 43 or in fact a robot remotely controlled by Rodgers , he covers nothing like the ground he used to. Something ain't right with him.

Injuries have taken their toll. It's probably knocked his confidence as well as fitness. 

• Like 2

I think he just needs a run in the team. He has only just started playing again. Plus he has come back in at a time when we have no consistency in tactics or personal due to injuries. 

Ndidi is the type of player who thrives on consistency. He isn't the best on the ball. We've always known that. He needs consistency around him to move the ball onto those that can play a bit. I also think he has been found out. As has our style of play. Teams know how to effectively play against us. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Injuries have taken their toll. It's probably knocked his confidence as well as fitness. 

This is what i meant exactly. Look at vardy, he has no confidence. Whether it's directly Rodgers or not it has to deal with him. As above, so below 

Rodgers has an obsession with the CDM being more progressive than just a destroyer who operates just in front of the back 4. Wilf just used to sit and was able to step in or make side runs across the pitch to snuff out danger, the majority of the game was played out in front of Ndidi and this enabled him to always be in the right place at the right time. 

We had a great team structure and it was no coincidence that defensively we were solid and our goals against record was also very good. Fast forward 2 years or more and the managers desire for his CDM to do other things and all of a sudden we have a car crash of a system where the CDM is so often caught out of position, (whether that is Wilf or Soumare), teams are able to break on us at will  and leaving our defensive line horrifically exposed and as a result we are conceding an horrendous number of shots, goals and our XG against is so poor. 

Not only has Wilf regressed so much in the last 2 seasons, but these tactically changes has also coincided with a drop off in form for a number of our defenders, especially Cags and dare I say Luke Thomas suffering the most from not having Wilf patrolling just in front of the back line. 

Injury wise, Wilf had a great record until Rodgers arrived and again when you take into account he is now being asked to be more expansive and play further forward, he is now getting caught the wrong side of the ball and therefore having to make more recovery runs, more desperate, last ditch tackles from poor positions which has not only increased the number of fouls he concedes but is also increasing the risk of either contact or work load induced injury. 

Out team structure is heinous at present and is having such a detrimental impact on so many players and is why I truly believe by sacking Rodgers the lift this will give the entire squad and effect on our performances and results will be massive. 

• Like 2

There was a moment in the game where he gets the ball near the halfway line with space ahead of him. What does he do, but back heals the ball to a Forest player and starts their attack for them. I actually didn't think he could play as bad as he did today. He's gone from one of the best CDMs in the PL to an absolute donkey.

• Like 1

Shadow of his former self. So depressing to watch him these days, as he was an absolute monster for so long. He used to break up attacks so well and even though he couldn't pass or shoot, he more than made up for it with his ability to shield the back 4. 

Too simple to blame Rodgers? He just isn't the same player he was. Hope a new manager can get him back. 

He has gone so far downhill it's unreal.  His role used to be just to shield the defence. Make tackles and interceptions, and keep it simple, and he was outstanding, then Rodgers came along and turned him to shite!  The amount of players that have regressed under Rodgers is shocking. Probably only Maddison has flourished under him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sm1 said:

There was a moment in the game where he gets the ball near the halfway line with space ahead of him. What does he do, but back heals the ball to a Forest player and starts their attack for them. I actually didn't think he could play as bad as he did today. He's gone from one of the best CDMs in the PL to an absolute donkey.

That move could sum up the team for the last 4 PL games. We are losing to ourselves. 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/22152016.amp

Failed the MRI in 2013.

Could it be that he’s aging? 

It would also explain why no other club has ever really been linked with him. 

Could well be. But I think injuries have just ruined him either way.

He’s been so poor for 2 years now. It always used to be that we looked better with Ndidi in the side, now we always look worse with him in. It’s really sad to watch him these days.

No doubt someone will still come in and offer the tiresome “he’s just been played out of position” excuse like they always do with Ndidi, despite the fact he’s constantly been tried in his old position as well, but you only have to watch him for 5 minutes to see that he’s just lost completely all the dynamism he used to have and is a shadow of the player he once was regardless of the position he’s being played in.

Edited by Sampson