Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

5 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dear-fifa-there-is-no-scientific-test-to-prevent-age-fraud/

Why do you think Wilf is lying about his age? (Rhetorical question)

Because his form isn’t what it was? Applies to a lot right but we don’t throw accusations of dishonesty their way. 

Various studies support the MRI wrist scan as being a fairly conclusive method of determining age. 

African football has a history of players understating ages at youth tournaments so the CAF introduced a method of testing after discussions with FIFA. 

Unfortunately for Wilf, the test deemed him as being overage, so he was suspended from the tournament. 

Either way, Wilf has been wrecked by either injuries, the coaching team trying to alter his game. If it’s form, he’s been out of form for over 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Instead of racist tropes, ask yourself who has progressed under Rodgers in the past two years? The answer is absolutely nobody. There’s your answer, the manager, not some made up, discriminatory nonsense. 

How is it a racist trope? He failed an age related MRI test at an U17 tournament. 

And I’d say Maddison, Fofana, Justin, Chilwell, Barnes, Soyuncu all improved under Rodgers. Just because we’re crashing now, we can’t deny the good work that saw us get back to back European qualification. 

Unfortunately many of us could see that Ndidi spent most of his youth career as a centre back, as he’s a destroyer, not a footballer he’s going to be progressive in the midfield. 

Ultimately he’s not the player he once was and should most likely not be getting game time. This maybe indicates why we were looking at other players to fill this position (apparently) in the summer. 

This team has reached the end of its cycle and Rodgers should have gone last season really. Human nature dictates that you need to shift change the narrative every now and again to maintain performance. This is why most coaches only last two to three years, before they have to change roles. Liverpool look to have hit a similar ripple. 

It doesn’t help we’ve purchased poorly and tactically we’re at sea. Wilf might be better as a centre back at this rate, with Mendy as a single holding midfielder. At what point do we play Braybrooke? 

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

Various studies support the MRI wrist scan as being a fairly conclusive method of determining age. 

African football has a history of players understating ages at youth tournaments so the CAF introduced a method of testing after discussions with FIFA. 

Unfortunately for Wilf, the test deemed him as being overage, so he was suspended from the tournament. 

Either way, Wilf has been wrecked by either injuries, the coaching team trying to alter his game. If it’s form, he’s been out of form for over 2 years. 

I’m not a radiologist with an interest in epidemiology (do say if you are),  but I see this over-age argument trotted out regarding black Africans quite a lot on here over the years.

We want players to come to our club but if If their form dips and they are a black African they should be prepared to have their integrity questioned? Who would want to come here?

1 minute ago, Reginaldo said:

I’m not a radiologist with an interest in epidemiology (do say if you are),  but I see this over-age argument trotted out regarding black Africans quite a lot on here over the years.

We want players to come to our club but if If their form dips and they are a black African they should be prepared to have their integrity questioned? Who would want to come here?

Everyone ages differently, some people are fitter at 40 than they are at 30. Ultimately at high level sports, 1% drop off would dramatically impact a player. 

The football confederation of Africa put protocols in place for testing, as they had concerns about age doping at youth tournaments. 

We of course will have done our own fitness tests, pre signing, pre season and throughout the season. Simple things like V02 Max, Flexibility, Strength, Power, Speed, fat %, weight, Agility etc. These will be monitored throughout the season and during the course of time with the club. 

Most players will sign for the money, and be in awe of our amazing training facilities, not what a thread on Foxestalk thinks of them. 

Which ever way, he’s decline in performance and tactically we haven’t helped him. 

Remember when this dude was genuinely one of the best DCMs in the world?

Injuries aside, his regression is astonishing. The second goal yesterday was unforgivable.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, sm1 said:

There was a moment in the game where he gets the ball near the halfway line with space ahead of him. What does he do, but back heals the ball to a Forest player and starts their attack for them. I actually didn't think he could play as bad as he did today. He's gone from one of the best CDMs in the PL to an absolute donkey.

I’ve just watched this moment back and it looks even worse than it did live. If one moment in a game sums up exactly where we’re at, this was it. 7 year olds are taught the very basic principle of your first touch being into space, forward your first choice if possible and there was acres ahead, and we would have then been on the offensive, not nearly conceding. Barnes could then have been played in, although he wasn’t anticipating, walking, and his body language looked disinterested soon enough. Then we nearly conceded. 
This wasn’t down to a long injury list or any of the other excuses currently being given, admittedly with some being valid.

It was a passive, casual, can’t be arsed mindset and therein lies a massive problem. 

3 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Its quite a topical subject at the moment. Nothing to do with individual integrity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

Everyone ages differently, some people are fitter at 40 than they are at 30. Ultimately at high level sports, 1% drop off would dramatically impact a player. 

The football confederation of Africa put protocols in place for testing, as they had concerns about age doping at youth tournaments. 

We of course will have done our own fitness tests, pre signing, pre season and throughout the season. Simple things like V02 Max, Flexibility, Strength, Power, Speed, fat %, weight, Agility etc. These will be monitored throughout the season and during the course of time with the club. 

Most players will sign for the money, and be in awe of our amazing training facilities, not what a thread on Foxestalk thinks of them. 

Which ever way, he’s decline in performance and tactically we haven’t helped him. 

Cheers. I did a physiology degree but that was all new to me.

My problem is folk trotting out tropes used against Africans time and time again and not getting pulled up for them. If no one does take a stand then we are all complicit.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Cheers. I did a physiology degree but that was all new to me.

My problem is folk trotting out tropes used against Africans time and time again and not getting pulled up for them. If no one does take a stand then we are all complicit.

It’s an interesting topic but not for this thread. It’s more linked to nations where records aren’t as well tracked. 

I believe Ghana were pulled up recently in an under 17 tournament as well.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

I genuinely never believed that the energetic, exciting young player we signed from Belgium could ever do what he did yesterday for their second goal. Ie give in. Literally, not even try to run back.

It’s so far removed from the player we signed, it’s quite sad really.

This club is a fookin mess. These players are not playing for the manager anymore.

46 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

So this thread is not about Wilfred?

Not that I agree with his form has to do with his age, but the previous poster pointed out he was part of the Nigerian under 17 squad that 50 percent of the squad failed age related MRI scan and all but 2 first team players were dismissed so it has some relevance to his opinion in this thread.

You also posted a link to a article from 2016 that there is no scientific test to prevent age fraud.

As I think you will agree the technological advancements in 7 years later make that particular article somewhat obsolete.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely never believed that the energetic, exciting young player we signed from Belgium could ever do what he did yesterday for their second goal. Ie give in. Literally, not even try to run back.

It’s so far removed from the player we signed, it’s quite sad really.

This club is a fookin mess. These players are not playing for the manager anymore.

Tbf he missed 17 games last season with knee injury, who knows if he is fully recovered or his full recovery has been hampered by the lack of squad depth.

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Instead of racist tropes, ask yourself who has progressed under Rodgers in the past two years? The answer is absolutely nobody. There’s your answer, the manager, not some made up, discriminatory nonsense. 

Get Ward Prowse here for a season and BR will  make sure within that time he cant take a free kick to save his life.

Get Messi here and BR will make him into a league two player.

Youve hit  the nail on the head...name me onf player who has improved under BR?

Honestly I don’t think the lad has much motivation any more. He’s got to the PL, married, a child and now a millionaire. From his humble beginnings, he’s done it. Throw one too many injuries too. 

Needs a manager to come in and tell him how good is/can be 

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not that I agree with his form has to do with his age, but the previous poster pointed out he was part of the Nigerian under 17 squad that 50 percent of the squad failed age related MRI scan and all but 2 first team players were dismissed so it has some relevance to his opinion in this thread.

You also posted a link to a article from 2016 that there is no scientific test to prevent age fraud.

As I think you will agree the technological advancements in 7 years later make that particular article somewhat obsolete.

So now it is about an individual lying about his age - make your mind up.

5 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

So now it is about an individual lying about his age - make your mind up.

I didn’t say it was my opinion, I visit the forum to read peoples opinion without them being unfairly shutdown.

“My problem is folk trotting out tropes used against Africans time and time again and not getting pulled up for them. If no one does take a stand then we are all complicit.”

@Sly opinion was backed up by the fact that Ndidi was part of a squad that was deemed to have lied about their age and sent home.

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Remember when this dude was genuinely one of the best DCMs in the world?

Injuries aside, his regression is astonishing. The second goal yesterday was unforgivable.

I remember there was a time when we were all very concerned a bunch of our players would be poached. Ndidi, Barnes, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Maddison... 

Ndidi has fallen off so much I'm wondering if anyone would take a punt on him if we go down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Honestly I don’t think the lad has much motivation any more. He’s got to the PL, married, a child and now a millionaire. From his humble beginnings, he’s done it. Throw one too many injuries too. 

Needs a manager to come in and tell him how good is/can be 

I watched the interview with the March of Brighton yday on MOTD praising the new manager who has transferred him from a pile of sh1t into a new striker.

This is what we need...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...