Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

On 15/01/2023 at 08:58, Sly said:

Everyone ages differently, some people are fitter at 40 than they are at 30. Ultimately at high level sports, 1% drop off would dramatically impact a player. 

The football confederation of Africa put protocols in place for testing, as they had concerns about age doping at youth tournaments. 

We of course will have done our own fitness tests, pre signing, pre season and throughout the season. Simple things like V02 Max, Flexibility, Strength, Power, Speed, fat %, weight, Agility etc. These will be monitored throughout the season and during the course of time with the club. 

Most players will sign for the money, and be in awe of our amazing training facilities, not what a thread on Foxestalk thinks of them. 

Which ever way, he’s decline in performance and tactically we haven’t helped him. 

the only way people are fitter at 40 than 30 is if they have not kept themselves in shape when 30 , absolute madness of a comment

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

the only way people are fitter at 40 than 30 is if they have not kept themselves in shape when 30 , absolute madness of a comment

That’s what I was referring to. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Thought he played well when he came on yesterday, I think his first touch was to get his foot in which led to Barnes disallowed goal

Yes, best performance from Wilf in a year. Less of the listless sideways passing, more of the aggressive game he thrives on.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Tielemans63 said:

To name him captain was sn absolutely bizarre decision, even by Brendan's standards.

Hate the way the captaincy at Leicester City is thrown around like it means nothing.

Couple of decent challenges Mendy would'nt have made but generally should be playing second fiddle at the moment.

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

He was holding the armband when the music stopped...

it's sad isn't it, makes an absolute mockery of the club and our history, bloke has looked like he can't be arsed for over a season and gets to be Captain, i'd rather Ward got it tbh because at least we know hes giving 100% but unfortunately that's 75% rubbish

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Some United fans wanted him in the summer. Ultimately ended up with Casemiro. I do feel his reputation precedes him and if we can get a decent fee, maybe it's time to let go

I've always been sceptical about his chances of getting a big move because of how poor he is on the ball but I think his recent injury history and catastrophic loss of form might kill them altogether. Come the summer he'll be down to the last year of his contract as well.

4 hours ago, browniefox said:

I am historically anti Mendy, but even I would have put him in ahead of Wilf today. 

It’s difficult to see how anyone can be anti Mendy ? When allowed to play he consistently has the highest pass completion rates and in a difficult crowded part of the pitch , is excellent at avoiding the press, and plays forward not backwards !  Give the guy a new contract and flog Soumare asap !

• Like 3

Ndidi has worn the armband at West Ham and Liverpool already this season chaps. He’s in the leadership group along with Evans, Albrighton, Tielemans, Vardy and Madders. Captaincy follows this order depending on who’s playing.

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

it's sad isn't it, makes an absolute mockery of the club and our history, bloke has looked like he can't be arsed for over a season and gets to be Captain, i'd rather Ward got it tbh because at least we know hes giving 100% but unfortunately that's 75% rubbish

So giving Ndidi the captaincy today makes an ‘ absolute mockery of the club and our history’?

Just a tad overstated perhaps.

• Like 2

He's a shadow of his former self, because we're not playing him in the role he excelled. I called it about 3 years ago now, but the second we put someone next to him, he's not effective at all. He needs to play in front of the two CBs and have little responsibility. 

Under Puel it didn't work when Mendy played next to him and it hasn't worked under Rodgers with Tielemans. He's excellent as a holding midfielder, but he doesn't play there anymore. 

6 hours ago, Swiss Fox said:

It’s difficult to see how anyone can be anti Mendy ? When allowed to play he consistently has the highest pass completion rates and in a difficult crowded part of the pitch , is excellent at avoiding the press, and plays forward not backwards !  Give the guy a new contract and flog Soumare asap !

For me, his passes are always backwards or sideways. 

The last few games he has moved the ball forwards, he breaks up play, but after he had he would turn and go back towards our goal. Frustrating to say the least.