Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Maddison

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Can you put up with those antics every game? No thanks, we have a proper team he doesn't fit into one of those.

He is a Villa fan, captain of Villa, he is showing an expected amount of passion for his boyhood club. His antics were those of an immature boy, but he is now captain, I think his antics now are those of passion and not mischief and immaturity.

I think Greslish came across well in his post match interview after he had calmed down a bit.

His career could go either way under the right manager there is player in there but he is a risk although with age he should lose that immaturity.

Maddison is a much better player though 

Edited by whoareyaaa

Guest An Sionnach

I cannot see us buying any players in the near future , we have cover for all positions except Vardy ( and that is near impossible) . We do need to work hard on on our young players like Eppiah , Hirst , Muskwe and Benkovic though , they will be needed soon enough.. Mendy is the only squad player who should be let go, he is too good to be not playing football.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I cannot see us buying any players in the near future , we have cover for all positions except Vardy ( and that is near impossible) . We do need to work hard on on our young players like Eppiah , Hirst , Muskwe and Benkovic though , they will be needed soon enough.. Mendy is the only squad player who should be let go, he is too good to be not playing football.

There’s a young lad in Austria ripping it up. Might be worth a punt before the big boys swoop. Apparently £13-£17 million release clause. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah not for me. Prefer our current options for centre mid. 

To be fair his be most affect for Villa drifting to the left, I think he plays well wide left, 4 goals and 4 assist in a poor Villa side isn't to be sniffed at.

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

Can you put up with those antics every game? No thanks, we have a proper team he doesn't fit into one of those.

I have faith that BR would sort him out, yes he dives but anymore then Maddison?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I mean if he’s playing for your team you would love it tbf, with maddison in the side there is no room for him in the starting line up, but if maddison was to leave it would not  be a bad replacement tbf

Edited by lestajigs
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

My only criticism of Maddison this season is he's been missing a few easy chances. He's creating play and has got into great positions, but to get to that next level, he needs to be scoring more. That chance yesterday is a great example

Thing is he's looking at double figures this season which is as good as you would expect from a midfielder. It's the lack of goals (so far) from Perez and Barnes which is the potential problem.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Thing is he's looking at double figures this season which is as good as you would expect from a midfielder. It's the lack of goals (so far) from Perez and Barnes which is the potential problem.

He's in great form and playing well, that's my only complaint of him.

Agreed, both Barnes and Perez need to take their chances. But I'm confident that'll happen. Would rather they get in those positions and miss than not get in them at all

• Like 1

I know this is a Maddison thread...

however, Grealish could change his ‘antics’ under the management of Rodgers. He’s definitely talented and I don’t think he’d upset the applecart at all.

He’s got a bit of bite, he (IMO) doesn’t come across off the pitch as he does on it. He seems fairly mature and honest enough in interviews. 

I’m not excusing his petulance but when you’re down that end of the table, anything will do for a point or 3. If he came here he wouldn’t need to.

Chasing a top 4 finish, 2 domestic cups and a Champions League run, he’d fit in very nicely.

Disclaimer: I thought he was a bit of a w@nker until the last 2 seasons when I’ve seen more of him (since being made Captain and playing in the Prem). 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I know this is a Maddison thread...

however, Grealish could change his ‘antics’ under the management of Rodgers. He’s definitely talented and I don’t think he’d upset the applecart at all.

He’s got a bit of bite, he (IMO) doesn’t come across off the pitch as he does on it. He seems fairly mature and honest enough in interviews. 

I’m not excusing his petulance but when you’re down that end of the table, anything will do for a point or 3. If he came here he wouldn’t need to.

Chasing a top 4 finish, 2 domestic cups and a Champions League run, he’d fit in very nicely.

Disclaimer: I thought he was a bit of a w@nker until the last 2 seasons when I’ve seen more of him (since being made Captain and playing in the Prem). 

I've seen and heard Grealish give interviews and compared to Maddison, who's articulate, very well spoken and has an intelligence in his replies, Grealish just sounds like a thick brummie.

I believe our club looks for smart footballers that can show adaptation and learning progression including mental toughness. I don't think anyone in our side is unintelligent. Jack's petulant showing when facing adversity shows he has talent but not intelligence. And there are and will be dumb footballers. Paul Merson exists. We had Robbie Savage FFS. 

But then again, Grealish plays for Aston Villa, whose manager on Sunday didn’t sub off an injured defender and cost his side the first goal. 

Managers can be thick too.

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No we don't need him here disrupting our harmonious squad. 

I wouldn't take him for nothing. 

Where is there any proof he’s ever disrupted any squad? Isn’t he Villa captain and poster boy? 

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is a Villa fan, captain of Villa, he is showing an expected amount of passion for his boyhood club. His antics were those of an immature boy, but he is now captain, I think his antics now are those of passion and not mischief and immaturity.

Basically this. He didn’t do anything on Sunday that some of our players haven’t. Thought he was their best player by a country mile and not sure why so many city fans are so touchy over Grealish. Rattled a lot of our fans on Sunday big time. 

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Where is there any proof he’s ever disrupted any squad? Isn’t he Villa captain and poster boy? 

Basically this. He didn’t do anything on Sunday that some of our players haven’t. Thought he was their best player by a country mile and not sure why so many city fans are so touchy over Grealish. Rattled a lot of our fans on Sunday big time. 

If you could direct me to our players ever performing antics like this then I'll relent in being "Touchy" 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

If you could direct me to our players ever performing antics like this then I'll relent in being "Touchy" 

Jamie Vardy forcing contact to win several penalties over the past few years and Maddison getting sent off for diving last year at the Amex spring to mind. 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Jamie Vardy forcing contact to win several penalties over the past few years and Maddison getting sent off for diving last year at the Amex spring to mind. 

If you missed it... Look at the kick he gives Wilf as he gets up. Captain material? Ha! 

Just now, LC/FC said:

If you missed it... Look at the kick he gives Wilf as he gets up. Captain material? Ha! 

Where did I say I wanted Grealish in as captain? 

Really got under your skin hasn’t he. We got the 3 points mate just relax and enjoy the ride. All I saw on Sunday was an extremely passionate player with a lot of talent chuck himself to the ground quite easily, which was a shame because he’s clearly a huge talent but hardly crime of the century. There’s bigger fish to fry than Jack Grealish this season. 

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

It’s a level beyond dives and dubious penalties. Grabs and pulls Ndidi’s legs, then hits him in the back and then has the gaul to act the victim in the penalty area. He’s a child and a nasty one at that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Where did I say I wanted Grealish in as captain? 

Really got under your skin hasn’t he. We got the 3 points mate just relax and enjoy the ride. All I saw on Sunday was an extremely passionate player with a lot of talent chuck himself to the ground quite easily, which was a shame because he’s clearly a huge talent but hardly crime of the century. There’s bigger fish to fry than Jack Grealish this season. 

No. He's not gotten under my skin. Stop reaching. I wasn't saying that he was going to be our Captain but that you said he's their Captain and if a Captain acted like thst, I'd want him stripped of it. You can see him as someone with passion playing for his club. I'll see him as the new Joey Barton. 

What you're missing out on information wise is that I'm not actually bothered one bit by Jack Grealish.

But in the reply to you wondering if he's ever been disruptive to a squad... With those antics, yeah. Think we kind of have higher standards than a show pony 1 man team wannabe.

But hey, if you Grealish in our squad. Your choice. Someone wanted Lee Catermole once. 

Edited by LC/FC

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It’s a level beyond dives and dubious penalties. Grabs and pulls Ndidi’s legs, then hits him in the back and then has the gaul to act the victim in the penalty area. He’s a child and a nasty one at that.

Think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. He definitely didn’t conduct himself well on Sunday but not exactly the crimes against humanity like some are suggesting. I respect the points you are making but think you are being a tad harsh on the young man.

Just now, LC/FC said:

No. He's not gotten under my skin. Stop reaching. I wasn't saying that he was going to be our Captain but that you said he's their Captain and if a Captain acted like thst, I'd want him stripped of it. You can see him as someone with passion playing for his club. I'll see him as the new Joey Barton. 

What you're missing out on information wise is that I'm not actually bothered one bit by Jack Grealish.

But in the reply to you wondering if he's ever been disruptive to a squad... With those antics, yeah. Think we kind of have higher standards than a show pony 1 man team wannabe.

Buth

You seem awfully bothered for someone who’s not that bothered, but ok.

To the bit highlighted, I highly doubt any Villa players will be losing any sleep over his performance on Sunday lol

Especially given that he was their best player by a country mile.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

You seem awfully bothered for someone who’s not that bothered, but ok.

To the bit highlighted, I highly doubt any Villa players will be losing any sleep over his performance on Sunday lol

Especially given that he was their best player by a country mile.

Do I? 

Funny, as I don't feel bothered.

But keep telling yourself I am if you need things to flow into your own little narrative. It's ok. I can understand you're not very adapt at actually having an actual logical rebuttal. 

So all I can say is by bringing it back down to yours and Jack's mental level is... 

If you like Grealish so much why don't you go support Villa if you're so bothered about their teams performance and mental state. :whistle:

And I'll continue to support Leicester by being angry that their twat of a Captain kicked our Defensive Midfielder. :D

• Haha 1