Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

Crystal Palace (A) Sun 3rd November 14:00

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

General sale, we haven't even taken the full allocation.

I think the problem is that Palace have changed their away allocation in the last couple of years.

Their ground capacity is about 25,500.  

Up until a couple of years ago, they gave a generous away allocation of over 10% - typically 2800/2900.

(I suspect they only did this, as they couldn't normally sell-out their ground with their own support).

I think now they are only giving approx 2300/2400 away tickets.   That was also our allocation last year, for a Saturday game.    Which is just under 10%, but they have probably given some feeble health 'n' safety excuse - which the Premier League has accepted.

As above, I suspect this is simply that there are now more confident of selling out themselves, and don't need to be "nice" in giving an extra 500 tickets to away fans.

<Edited to say>

What I've said above, appears to be ... err ... wrong.

I've just had a look on the Villa and Wolves websites, and they were both given just over 3000 tickets.

So ignore what I've said above.   :(

Edited by worth_the_wait

12 hours ago, Turtles Head said:

Yep. Rather than wait the extra week or so until they go on general sale, I’d rather ask if anyone with a season ticket can get me a pair. Then I can book train tickets etc. 

Fair enough, should hit general sale. Thinking that as they took a smaller allocation they might have an option to take more, would be stupid from the club otherwise. Normally a popular game.

Selling two Adults face value £30 each. Stupidly double booked with a wedding weekend!. Can meet to exchange tickets at burnley at home, liverpool away, in london, or post.

Cheers - send me a message

Edited by Klegend

13 minutes ago, Sudjambon said:

Still a full block not released yet so even members should be fine with decent seats. Being on TV, this will sell way down, possibly even general sale 

It will still sell out, I reckon we could have sold out the full 3,000 allocation, surprised the club didn't take it. I think people are now waiting for block T to open, once it does, tickets will fly off the shelf again.

There are a lot of sh1t seats at Palace, loads of restricted view and anything further back then about row 30 is also cr4p.

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It will still sell out, I reckon we could have sold out the full 3,000 allocation, surprised the club didn't take it. I think people are now waiting for block T to open, once it does, tickets will fly off the shelf again.

There are a lot of sh1t seats at Palace, loads of restricted view and anything further back then about row 30 is also cr4p.

I'm awaiting the next block, and want to be nearer the front. Was at the back at palace few years back and frankly disgusting view or lack of it. 

I was originally going to buy all my three on second day of sales. But nearly all front rows of block s were greyed out. Cannot believe they had all sold that quick that early. Very dodgy

44 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I'm awaiting the next block, and want to be nearer the front. Was at the back at palace few years back and frankly disgusting view or lack of it. 

I was originally going to buy all my three on second day of sales. But nearly all front rows of block s were greyed out. Cannot believe they had all sold that quick that early. Very dodgy

I need to wait until Monday/Tuesday next week anyway as I can only buy for myself at the minute and need 2/3 more tickets. I would rather sit restricted view at the front than non restricted view from row 40 or whatever onwards. As you say, it's disgusting. Never sat that high but I have seen photos and have stood up there and seen (or not seen) the bad view. It shouldn't just be a £1 or £2 less it should be at least half price if not only £10 a ticket.