Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

a real top four challenge for you is down to belief this year...

op, like your post, but you are underestimated the strength of the squad, we have another defender who was on loan with Celtic, currently recovering, who the tics' were comparing with van dyke last year, and a full back who looks full of potential and already ready for the premier league. 

There are absolutely no worries with the strength of our squad.

WE beat Pool saturday ( and we are only 6/1)we will be up and running, if not Top 4 will have to be the aim.

Edited by treer

8 minutes ago, treer said:

op, like your post, but you are underestimated the strength of the squad, we have another defender who was on loan with Celtic, currently recovering, who the tics' were comparing with van dyke last year, and a full back who looks full of potential and already ready for the premier league. 

WE beat Pool saturday ( and we are only 6/1)we will be up and running, if not Top 4 will have to be the aim.

twister basically meant Vardy which is a fair shout. On the other hand though, outside of Man City and Liverpool you could say it about any side if they lost their most influential player they'd be in the shit too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, treer said:

You’re right about Benkovic being on the books and the sooner he gets up to speed the better. Morgan is more than adequate cover for the rest of the season. However I agree with the op that I’d be very worried if Vardy gets injured as for nearly every position on the pitch except striker we have someone of near enough equal quality to step into the team seamlessly. And it literally just is Nacho and Pérez (who has responsibilities in a different position) who are cover so the bodies aren’t there either.

However we all know that this is the problem in getting someone in who is of a good enough quality to start for us but be happy to be understudy to Vardy or play alongside him in a system that doesn’t suit them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

this year is as average as I can ever  remember it  a long while.

Nah, its just your side and the other "big" teams have been unable to buy up the best and stick them in your change room... the best are spread across the league.

Arsenal are average, the league is strong

Sure Brendan Rodgers dosen't know what he's doing. Especially the day Liverpool beat you guys at Anfield 5-1. 4 goals in the first twenty minutes.

Always love the good guy bad guy Troll. See you November 9th. Go ahead and ban me mods I need a vacation from fans of teams who know nothing about Rodgers time there.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Why do you feel the need to meet a complimentary and thoughtful post like that?

If you want some time off, you don't have to wait to be banned.  Just have some time off.   :fc:

IMO

Its not a complimentary post.. the guy is coming in as "big" team Arsenal patting us on the head and saying good boys, youll do alright this year because other teams arent that good.

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Can we just make it clear that if we do indeed make the Top 4 it won't be because the other teams have all capitulated (although that helps), but rather through our own merit and us actually being one of the best teams in the country across a full season.

It happened constantly in the title season as well - people saying we only won because of a 'perfect storm' and that any other season it wouldn't have happened. It's condescending and belittles our achievements, when actually we were just really bloody good that year. 

No, no, no, you have it wrong it because everyone else was shit! Leicester couldn't possibly be 10 points better than everyone else. :revenge:

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Morgan won't be first choice cover once Benk is back, you would think? Anyway, Morgan still has a role to play for us this season. We were struggling under crosses at the Sheff Utd game, until he came on that is.

I think we all agree on the Vardy point, though? We've not had a decent option when he was injured for a long time.

Guest Danny Clender

Have we been linked with any strikers since the window closed?

It's going to be interesting seeing where we are when the transfer window opens again.

Never forget, Jon Rudkin's still got that 80 mill in cash under his bed. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No, no, no, you have it wrong it because everyone else was shit! Leicester couldn't possibly be 10 points better than everyone else. :revenge:

The fact that next best team only had 71 points that year means that actually we did have a bit of luck in that respect.  Everything fell into place and the big clubs underachieved massively.  The top two last year had 98 and 97 points.

For me that does not diminish our achievement.  We won the league because we were the best that year.

• Thanks 1

Talk Sh1t radio has Rodgers going to every other club in the league..assumedly because they are all bigger and better than LCFC.

Fvck em all, we are the next big thing.

Man U are the next Leeds,

Arsenal are the next Notts Forest and

Chelsea are the next Blackpool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

The fact that next best team only had 71 points that year means that actually we did have a bit of luck in that respect.  Everything fell into place and the big clubs underachieved massively.  The top two last year had 98 and 97 points.

For me that does not diminish our achievement.  We won the league because we were the best that year.

Last year was pretty phenomenal though. Klopp and Pep have really upped the game at both clubs, it makes it harder for the chasing pack to catch up.

Technically though now I think we have probably the 3rd best technical manager in the league, it will be interesting to see where that takes us. Short term we are looking much better, if Brendan stays and buys into the project (not woooed by Yanited or similar) the long term is really exciting. 

Having watched that dog sh!t Manure and Arsenal served up yesterday there should be absolutely no reason why Leicester can't finish in the top 4 this season, injuries and all that sort of stuff being kind.

The key thing is if it happens building on it and staying there.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

A lot of the talk pre season was which one of the ‘rest’ could break into the top six. I felt, and still do, that it might be more than one. For me chelsea and man u are mid table, aresnal have weaknesses in defence but should be strong enough up front to run it closer but are no certainty, I felt everton, west ham, wolves and ourselves could challenge and maybe two or three getting in. However everton seem to be the same old everton and wolves poor start means they’re playing catch up, while us and west ham have had decent starts, added to that spurs struggles 3 - 6 is wide open. At the moment I’d say we’re looking strongest and hopefully we can get a good lengthy run going to open up a gap between us and seventh. 

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Why do you feel the need to meet a complimentary and thoughtful post like that?

If you want some time off, you don't have to wait to be banned.  Just have some time off.   :fc:

If you want some time off just let me post on your behalf.

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Talk Sh1t radio has Rodgers going to every other club in the league..assumedly because they are all bigger and better than LCFC.

Fvck em all, we are the next big thing.

Man U are the next Leeds,

Arsenal are the next Notts Forest and

Chelsea are the next Blackpool.

I agree!

But you missed.................

Spuds are the next Accrington Stanley!