Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

a real top four challenge for you is down to belief this year...

6 hours ago, murphy said:

OK. 

I don't see it as patronising myself and there is more to it than the 'rest of the league is poor'.

The fact is, we are a small club in relation to clubs like Arsenal and a top four finish would me massive for us.  If one of their fans has taken the time to come here and praise the team, why can't we just take it in the spirit that it is intended?

It feels patronising if you have a pre-existing inferiority complex. If not it just feels like a decent post from an Arsenal fan. X 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Talk Sh1t radio has Rodgers going to every other club in the league..assumedly because they are all bigger and better than LCFC.

Fvck em all, we are the next big thing.

Man U are the next Leeds,

Arsenal are the next Notts Forest and

Chelsea are the next Blackpool.

I’m sure any one of those clubs could’ve got him from Celtic over the last 3 years had they wanted him. How many mangers have United and Chelsea got through? Everyone had forgotten Brendan even existed until now. It’s absolutely pathetic how they all want to be us. 

A lot of fans of the traditional top 6 rightly can be accused of being patronizing and that maybe influenced by the sky era of fan which have grown up in a different era to sum of us . I am a  geek of the game being a old git now in his mid 30's, and  remember under Martin you winning league cups and having the side then that now would be contending around the top 7, Steve Guppy ,Izzet and co would fit right into your style now, that team also had great width and good center half's.

Your owner wants to build on your previous success and Rodgers wants to be part of that at your club, he knows part of the reason Puel, Shakespeare and even the incredible  Claudio went was the club wanted to keep moving forward and are highly ambitious beyond even the Vardy era to be a regular top 6 or 7 team, so I doubt he would ever go anywhere soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1