Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like they have proper smashed it with Astro Bot!

What's annoyed me most is that I now need to find those 5 new trophies on Astros Playroom before starting this one.  

Clearly was always going to do well from the trailer earlier this year.  Price is steep though, 55 quid.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

35 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

What's annoyed me most is that I now need to find those 5 new trophies on Astros Playroom before starting this one.  

Clearly was always going to do well from the trailer earlier this year.  Price is steep though, 55 quid.

Yeah I have just downloaded Playroom again so I can go back and get the Platinum, quite a lot of trophies to still get though!

• Like 1

On 05/09/2024 at 19:13, moore_94 said:

Yeah I have just downloaded Playroom again so I can go back and get the Platinum, quite a lot of trophies to still get though!

Playroom platinumed and got the DLC trophies, picking up Astro Bot in the morning!

Really looking forward to it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Playroom platinumed and got the DLC trophies, picking up Astro Bot in the morning!

Really looking forward to it

There was no way I was getting those DLC trophies without a guide.

Did you make it to the party room via the secret lab?  lol

Read somewhere Bot can be platinumed in roughly 18 hours.  9 hours single playthrough.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There was no way I was getting those DLC trophies without a guide.

Did you make it to the party room via the secret lab?  lol

Read somewhere Bot can be platinumed in roughly 18 hours.  9 hours single playthrough.

I had to use a guide as well, especially for the Bots you had to rescue (the extra trophies), how the feck do people figure stuff out like that lol

Yeah I had a look, kind of wished I had seen it during the countdown though!

The time trial games were fun, the ice one pissed me off no end!

I ended up picking up Bot tonight after going out for a little drive, shall get started on it tomorrow!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Keep us posted.

I've ended up getting Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth this weekend due to a sudden price drop.  Platinum feels a million miles off though looking at the detail.  200 hours lol

I have been playing it on and off since lunch time today and I am still only half way through - a few where I had to go back through levels because I missed stuff

Still really enjoying it, all the different powers you get and how different the worlds are make it so you wont get bored or feel like it is repetitive

£700 for the PS5 Pro. And it doesn't even have a disc drive lol. It's cheaper in dollars than it is in euros as well, so reverse exchange rate. My PS5 is my second console so was never going to upgrade but surely it's not worth the upgrade for anyone who was thinking it. Unless money is no object for you.

Yeah definitely not bothering with an upgrade

Can’t really think of any reason to do so even if it is my main console

I would also need to buy the disc drive as I prefer physical over digital

Edited by moore_94

50 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

£700 for Astros Playroom?  lol

This is a stupid move by Sony.  I'd get one but at £500 max.

Mad ain't it. Could buy a PS3 for that kind of money. 

• Haha 2

I don't understand the fidelity vs performance mode debate that the Pro will narrow in terms of the new hardware.

It has always been about having the right display this generation to supplement the hardware.  The vast majority of games since the launch of Horizon FW have not looked as good and that was almost 3 years ago.  Only Guerilla, Insomniac and Santa Monica Studios know how to get the best out of the hardware and an outlay of £700 for 8k, framerate, performance etc. that these studios would potentially maximise does not justify this.  Naughty Dog still don't have a PS5 only title either!  We'll be nearing the end of this console window before you'll notice any difference by which time everyone will switch the PS6.

Crazy.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I don't understand the fidelity vs performance mode debate that the Pro will narrow in terms of the new hardware.

It has always been about having the right display this generation to supplement the hardware.  The vast majority of games since the launch of Horizon FW have not looked as good and that was almost 3 years ago.  Only Guerilla, Insomniac and Santa Monica Studios know how to get the best out of the hardware and an outlay of £700 for 8k, framerate, performance etc. that these studios would potentially maximise does not justify this.  Naughty Dog still don't have a PS5 only title either!  We'll be nearing the end of this console window before you'll notice any difference by which time everyone will switch the PS6.

Crazy.

Even the 8k is a nonsense. Theoretically, both the PS5 and Series X can do 8k but obviously no developer would prioritise that and it's unlikely to be done in a way without massively dialling down the visuals. Besides, how many people actually have 8k TVs, and even less likely to have that hooked up to a PS5.

4k60 is great but it's basically that and a bigger SSD for nearly double the price (without a disc drive). Absolute madness. Sony is losing the plot a bit atm so desperately need MS to pull their fingers out and actually produce some good games, just to get the standards up across the board. Some real anti consumer stuff going on but to be expected without reasonable competition.

Though it would have been quite funny if MS pulled this. Would love to see the meltdown :D

• Like 1