Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol I saw a meme on reddit comparing the xbox to a mini fridge and the PlayStation to a router and I can't unsee either now. 

Also, partisan console fanboys may well be the worst of all fanboys. It's just a simplified pc, they've both got basically identical components, they'll play exactly the ****ing same just like every other generation. 

Console "wars" are just you getting suckered in to marketing ploys you weirdos. 

Its brilliant that neither have even been released yet and they're mocked and memed already lol

But you're right, the fanboys are weird with consoles. At the end of the day, they're both similar and it'll be the console your mates have that likely decides which you get

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Its brilliant that neither have even been released yet and they're mocked and memed already lol

But you're right, the fanboys are weird with consoles. At the end of the day, they're both similar and it'll be the console your mates have that likely decides which you get

Yeah. The people that treat them like they're sports teams and cheer for their favourites, argue with "opposition fans", obsess over the competition between the two and generally act like these launches are anything other than marketing hype are honestly some of the strangest gamers. 

And all gamers are a bit strange so that's saying a lot. 

There's a weird little niche version of it in pc gaming as well, where people are like team AMD vs team Intel / nvidia and that's even more sad. 

Probably the only thing worse than a console fanboy is an Apple cultist. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah. The people that treat them like they're sports teams and cheer for their favourites, argue with "opposition fans", obsess over the competition between the two and generally act like these launches are anything than marketing hype are honestly some of the strangest gamers. 

And all gamers are a bit strange so that's saying a lot. 

There's a weird little niche version of it in pc gaming as well, where people are like team AMD vs team Intel / nvidia and that's even more sad. 

Probably the only thing worse than console fanboy is an Apple cultist. 

Apple cultists are so odd, won't hear a negative word about the company and refuse to accept other companies can and do produce better quality gear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Just do what I do. Buy them all and mock everyone. FeelsGoodMan. 

Doubt I'll buy either on release though, barely played my ps4 and got burned by my release day xbone so will wait for a bit for the first few to blow up. lol

Honestly not impressed by the look of either too. Expected them to go big this time around. All looks simple. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wonder if everyone will really make the jump over to the new consoles as quick as everyone did from Xbox 360 and PS3.

Not sure if everyone will from what I’ve seen or read about the new gear. 

I don't think they will personally, especially not with everything that's going on. I always find it's best to wait 6-12 months anyway, that way the glitches and problems are always sorted out.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I wonder if everyone will really make the jump over to the new consoles as quick as everyone did from Xbox 360 and PS3.

Depends on the pricing for me, I got the Xbox One near release from what I remember it was about £400 inc. 2 games which was a good deal

Still don't know which I'll be getting. Had PS1, PS2 then hopped over to Xbox for the 360 and Xbox One and I find it really unnatural using the PlayStation controllers now but most of my mates have PS4 so the only game we can all play is COD. Hope there'll be more crossplay next generation

On 13/06/2020 at 15:06, pmcla26 said:

As mentioned price will be a big decider, if they're crazy expensive then many will wait.

But I can't see there being a huge migration, mainly due to the current consoles still being great. Many new games will be able to be bought on Ps4/Xbox one and then used on the new gen for free. So i can see many just sticking with the current set for a while.

I'm a cynic so I'll go 599. The BBC article where the CEO was pitching value and not cost was suspicious. Also being a PC man at heart I look at the kit going into them and that's still a "cheap" rig for the performance they're claiming. For the sake of my wallet I hope I'm wrong! 

• 2 weeks later...

A "leaked" document stated £449 for the normal version and £349 for the digital. I'll try and find the article but seems very low to me, especially the digital edition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Prodigious-PS5-price-rumor-Alleged-prices-for-both-consoles-and-every-PlayStation-5-accessory-initial-launch-in-Japan-supposedly-November-14.477592.0.html

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My only problem with a digital version is the HD is less than a tb, 825g I think I read? So less than 750g actual space, that could be 2 AAA games if they happen to be call of duty and gta or next gen equivalents, considering games are already taking upwards of 200g on these current consoles, bloody annoying. 

Yeah, and by the time you've bought a big external hard drive or ssd you've spent the £100 you saved

On 16/06/2020 at 12:24, UniFox21 said:

The console itself will probably be around that mark; where they'll hit you is games costing £40/£50 and then additional controllers etc

Not sure what you mean about they "hit you" with games at £40/50. New games have been that sort of price since the Mega Drive/SNES days, when you account for inflation then games are pretty much the cheapest they've ever been. Incredible when you think how many more staff and effort is generally put into game development compared to 20-30 years ago. Not only do they have to release the game, but support for bug-fixes and server maintenance etc post-release

19 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Not sure what you mean about they "hit you" with games at £40/50. New games have been that sort of price since the Mega Drive/SNES days, when you account for inflation then games are pretty much the cheapest they've ever been. Incredible when you think how many more staff and effort is generally put into game development compared to 20-30 years ago. Not only do they have to release the game, but support for bug-fixes and server maintenance etc post-release

'Hit-you' being the wrong term; what I'm referring to is lets say you pay £400 for the new console and 1 controller. Adding 2 games takes adds likely another £120, not including a secondary controller or anything. 

Simply referring to that the consoles themselves are well priced, nd companies make more money through more expensive accessories etc 

But i understand what you're saying, that in terms of the service they offer its 'good value'.