Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Is replacing Vardy a process? *

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Many (myself certainly included) people are likely hugely concerned that when Vardy jacks it in here, and rides off into the Sheffield sunset, we lose our talisman, our identity in part, we lose the Leicester City we actually recognise from recent times. :frantics:

Or is it the case that we should actually be less worried? More sanguine? Is it the case that the plan to cope without Vardy is already well underway??

The style transition, the personnel, the whole gammut of changes within the club, are all a holistic way of replacing Vardy?

*Posted as I am at work doing somethingh sh*te, so wanted a break disclaimer

Surely he'll fly off into the Sheffield sunset on the back of a Kestrel?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

When Kane isn't available Spurs play Son up top, and they function just as well, if not better. I think Perez is supposed to be our version of Son.  It hasn't quite worked for him yet, but it's still early days.

Son is quick, strong, two-footed and more creative than Perez. If that was our intention then it's shite scouting

• Like 3

Given Vardy scores almost all our goals and he is uniquely “Leicester”, I think he is irreplaceable. Personally, I will miss his quick feet, acceleration, incredible first touch or strike of the ball first time and trademark harassment of the opposition backline. I am not sure we will ever see a player quite like him.

We will of course hope to see us move upwards and onwards after Vardy departs, but his departure will truly signal the end of an era - one that started with the Great Escape. We have obviously seen a lot of changes since the start of that era, but Vardy and his style have still been a constant - a joy to watch.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Get all the money (budget for the next 4 seasons) and sign Inaki Williams... the goal from 0:50 is delightful

He's got a 9 year contract lol 

Signing anybody from Athletic just isn't likely 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Can't see Vardy going anywhere for a good couple of years yet as he'll benefit from arriving in the professional game at a late age. still looks well, in shape, and not losing any pace. 

he is a genetic freak, there isnt an ounce of fat on him.

he has a natural fitness only Kenyan marathon runners can complete with.

we should just clone him.

57 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Given Vardy scores almost all our goals and he is uniquely “Leicester”, I think he is irreplaceable. 

I have no desire to annoy you Tom, but statistically speaking, Vardy does NOT score almost all our goals. It just feels that way.

However, I agree with everything else you said about Vardy, he's incredible. 

18 minutes ago, Cujek said:

he is a genetic freak, there isnt an ounce of fat on him.

he has a natural fitness only Kenyan marathon runners can complete with.

we should just clone him.

I think he's worked quite hard at it actually.

When he was first here he used to waddle around like a penguin, saw his first goal for us the other day he looks nothing like he does now.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think he's worked quite hard at it actually.

When he was first here he used to waddle around like a penguin, saw his first goal for us the other day he looks nothing like he does now.

he always had it though, its not like i could ever be like that no matter how much training i did.

Guest bss9401

Look no further than Morelos  from Rangers......if only to see him losing his rag away at Arsenal lol.

Actually,  I would admit that I think he might be a decent reserve for Vardy unless we look at a big striker to use tactically. 

4 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Look no further than Morelos  from Rangers......if only to see him losing his rag away at Arsenal lol.

Actually,  I would admit that I think he might be a decent reserve for Vardy unless we look at a big striker to use tactically. 

He can't even score against Celtic and he needs 3-4 chances to score 1 goal!  That's before you consider the fact he is an absolute head case.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401
29 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He can't even score against Celtic and he needs 3-4 chances to score 1 goal!  That's before you consider the fact he is an absolute head case.

Griffiths it is then :whistle:

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Get all the money (budget for the next 4 seasons) and sign Inaki Williams... the goal from 0:50 is delightful

Nobody should ever sign anybody from Athletic Bilbao. What they stand for and represent is amazing, and any player, even the most mediocre, would be a struggle to buy as Athletic only sell at their player's release clause (incidentally, Inaki Williams' is over £100 million)

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder, who is our best player?  You could make a strong case for Maddison, Ricardo or Tielemans but the one player who is entirely and absolutely irreplaceable is Jamie Vardy.  

What do we do when he goes? 

Sorry.  I don't have the answer.

Edited by murphy