Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Is replacing Vardy a process? *

The important thing when the time comes for him to leave is that we don't look for a "Vardy replacement" as such. His style and legacy here are unique, no point trying to replicate it. Go out and get as good a striker as possible and adapt as a team.

54 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm also a fan of Isak, at Real Sociedad

I was badgering on about him last season, stunned Dortmund sold him after he finally showed his talent on loan at Willem? Or Vittese, one of the two.

Good player, but wouldn't want to come here without being first choice as he's done the years biding his time and learning at Dortmund.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was badgering on about him last season, stunned Dortmund sold him after he finally showed his talent on loan at Willem? Or Vittese, one of the two.

Good player, but wouldn't want to come here without being first choice as he's done the years biding his time and learning at Dortmund.

Yeah true. Apparently Dortmund have some heavy buybacks on him however, that's why they sold him for so little. 

There will come a point where Vardy will still be brilliant and capable of banging the goals in, but he won't be able to play three games a week during the busy periods (especially if we're harbouring ambitions of European football).

It doesn't look like happening yet but I'm sure the sports science staff will be monitoring his stats and the recruitment staff will have targets in mind for that eventuality.

When we need Vardy to play less to maintain his effectiveness in the games he does play, there's no harm bringing in a mercurial young talent on the proviso that he'll be playing alternate games with Vardy (more often than 10 minutes and a League Cup game here and there) until he eventually replaces him.

As much as I love Vardy, I'd be more than happy to see him play less often if it means he can prolong his career with us. In any case, he doesn't look like he's slowing down yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Time to break transfer records and sign one quality footballer every year.  we need a winger and a striker. Leon Bailey and Timo Werner is the level we should go for!

Hahahahahahahaa yeah Timo Werner is going to come here and sit on the bench and be content with 4 starts vs Rochdale, Millwall, Derby and Brentford in the cups.

Bailey I could actually see happening, we often go back in for players we scouted at their breakout club only to miss out on their move to a bigger club. Happened with Tielemans and Praet. He would be an interesting signing, stagnated a but at Leverkusen but could be incredible under Rodgers. £50m would tempt them.

• Like 1

The way we are progressing as a club means we will at least be able to attract a better calibre of player than we were able to a couple of seasons ago. 

If the recruitment is done right, and the right manager in place then we should be okay. 

We can never fully replace Vardy, but we can replace goals and perhaps improve in areas where we lack with Vardy up front like his build up play etc