Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Is replacing Vardy a process? *

As others have mentioned, I think the replacement will be when he goes. 

You cannot have that calibre of player on the bench. When that number 9 is vacated, we can invest in another world class forward. (Although not sure anyone can overtake our love for Vards! :cry:)

Edited by TK95

10 minutes ago, TK95 said:

As others have mentioned, I think the replacement will be when he goes. 

You cannot have that calibre of player on the bench. When that number 9 is vacated, we can invest in another world class forward. (Although not sure anyone can overtake our love for Vards! :cry:)

I’d never ever have thought any striker would dislodge Gary Lineker as my favourite City forward, then along came Vardy! 

• Like 2

Kante was irreplaceable. 

Mahrez was irreplaceable.

The difference this time will be less about what he does during 90 minutes, he will leave a massive gap in the character of Leicester City.

We've adapted and improved since the departure of the other 2 of the Holy Trinity, I trust our club to do it again. 

Not sure Vardy is ready for the knackers yard yet, looks as fit as ever to me and has become smarter a conserving energy. I think he could play until he's 35-36 easy, he's become a better finisher, if you consider he's goals this season, only a few have been due to his pace, the rest have been simple finishes except his lob against Bournemouth.

52 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d never ever have thought any striker would dislodge Gary Lineker as my favourite City forward, then along came Vardy! 

You do realise that's roughly 27 seasons of number 9's that failed to get close to either Vards or Jug Ears!

I'm certainly hoping you won't be waiting that long again. Just thinking of some of the players that tried to get close to lineker during that time period gives me palpitations.

Edited by swanlee

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Had the chance but pissed about with Ghezzal and then crazy money on Perez, can't be that keen.

I don't think he was attainable this summer just gone and most definitely not the one before that. He's had a poor season last year and if he follows it up with another sub standard one they might cash in, they are heading for an early CL exit.

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm also a fan of Isak, at Real Sociedad

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was badgering on about him last season, stunned Dortmund sold him after he finally showed his talent on loan at Willem? Or Vittese, one of the two.

Good player, but wouldn't want to come here without being first choice as he's done the years biding his time and learning at Dortmund.

I was at Malta v Sweden last week, he came on as sub and really impressed - albeit in a fairly average Sweden side. Not for one minute suggesting he'd be a natural replacement for Vardy, but he'd be of interest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Personally can't see past Demarai Gray up front, ticks all the boxes.

Imagine if he did though. I would be unable to even cheer goals. Not because I wouldn't be happy but because I'd be like this from 2001:

my-god-its-full-of-stars-quote-1.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Personally can't see past Demarai Gray up front, ticks all the boxes.

I'm sure some managers think he might possess the mentality, intensity and quality to replace Vardy as a number nine. But they wouldn't be a good enough manager for us.

11 hours ago, Cujek said:

you cant replace the irreplaceable. you can only get someone new who does things differently,

Vardy's going to play FOREVER.

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

When Kane isn't available Spurs play Son up top, and they function just as well, if not better. I think Perez is supposed to be our version of Son.  It hasn't quite worked for him yet, but it's still early days.

This is Foxes Talk, he HAS to be written off now.

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Can't see Vardy going anywhere for a good couple of years yet as he'll benefit from arriving in the professional game at a late age. still looks well, in shape, and not losing any pace. 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

It will genuinely sadden me the day Vardy retires It won't be the same :(

HE. WILL. NEVER. RETIRE.

#TheGOAT

• Like 1

Weve been so lucky to have a striker like Vardy and hes been the difference between us being where we are and being in a relegation battle every year. Most teams outside the "big 6" have decent players in most positions but none of them have a striker that can get the amount of goals Vardy does. And before Vardy, we never had a striker in the premier league who scored as consistently as he has. Going forward, we are unlikely to get another striker that will get 20 goals a season and it will be more likely we look to get goals from around the team. Whilst we will need a new striker in the long term, we really need to spend big on a top winger as well. Getting a top winger who will get a fair few assists and goals will be easier to find than a striker that will score 20+ goals a season. We have players that can score goals in Maddison, Tielemans and Perez (although hes not scored for us yet) so another top winger and a striker who can get 12-15 goals would be the answer in the long term after JV. 

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have no desire to annoy you Tom, but statistically speaking, Vardy does NOT score almost all our goals. It just feels that way.

However, I agree with everything else you said about Vardy, he's incredible. 

No worries. You are right but it does feel that way :)