Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton Players and Staff to donated Friday’s wages to club’s charity

We were really good, but they were incredibly awful.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

I've always liked Hasenhüttl as a manager, but it's hard to see him surviving a nightmare like that when the fanbase was already souring on him.  Even with a team he inherited rather than built, to see a group completely quit on a premier league match like that is astonishing.  One can only conclude that he's lost them altogether.  Donating their wages is a nice gesture but that's still a dumpster fire over there.

6 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Lot of people talking about how they were an embarrassment.. Personally think we were great and not enough credit is given to us. They tried to go defensive and then quality passing and runs in behind broke them down. They pushed up and Vardy hit them on the break. We were outstanding.. 

If it was Man City no one would stop talking about Chilwell assist, or Barnes creativity and cross for Perez goal, Tielemans finish to place it back across goal with defenders diving in front of him. 

There was none of this chat when Man City put 8 past Watford few weeks ago, they didn't donate a weeks wages and they still have not won a game all season. 

Mate I'm sorry but behave. They were "great"? 

I watched it on Sky and Carra and Neville didn't stop talking about how brilliant we were, they made the point several times that regardless of the situation with Southampton, our players played very well and created some good goals. We've had loads of credit this season from all sides, stop being so sensitive. 

Doesn' matter how good we were, you don't win 9-0 unless both your own performance is excellent AND the opposition are poor. 

They were a disgrace. They played like a team deliberately trying to get their manager sacked, it was appalling. Some of the worst defending I've ever seen. 

This is a bullshit token gesture tbh if they haven't also refunded the entire home tickets out of their own pocket first. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

PR stunt to keep the fans on board. They will come in their droves to the next match thinking how generous and wonderful the players are, so kind and considerate, forgetting the drab performance they put in against us. Perhaps we should only pay players if the fan’s have a vote before the end of the match to confirm whether or not they deserve it based on their performancelol

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We humiliated a team so badly they had to donate their wages to their club's charity. 

If that's not the ultimate tribute to Vichai then I don't know what is. 

Ironically, wasn’t it Southampton in the cup that was postponed last year because of the crash?

I'm glad a bunch of millionaires have given their money to charity. But it seems a bit much in general. They were down to 10 men and had a horrific day. And the staff too who are on a lot less money? The next time I turn up for work useless and hungover, hiding in the toilet wishing for a quick death, there's no way I'm giving up my day's wages for incompetence.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I'm glad a bunch of millionaires have given their money to charity. But it seems a bit much in general. They were down to 10 men and had a horrific day. And the staff too who are on a lot less money? The next time I turn up for work useless and hungover, hiding in the toilet wishing for a quick death, there's no way I'm giving up my day's wages for incompetence.

I’d basically be working pro-bono if that was the case so yeah...**** that 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mate I'm sorry but behave. They were "great"? 

I watched it on Sky and Carra and Neville didn't stop talking about how brilliant we were, they made the point several times that regardless of the situation with Southampton, our players played very well and created some good goals. We've had loads of credit this season from all sides, stop being so sensitive. 

Doesn' matter how good we were, you don't win 9-0 unless both your own performance is excellent AND the opposition are poor. 

They were a disgrace. They played like a team deliberately trying to get their manager sacked, it was appalling. Some of the worst defending I've ever seen. 

This is a bullshit token gesture tbh if they haven't also refunded the entire home tickets out of their own pocket first. 

Agreed the gesture to charity is not the first step, they should have refunded all home fans who attended first. 

I think we exploited there team frailties incredibly well. Southamptons recent results haven't been that bad, Beating Sheff Utd away, drawing with United and Wolves, losing to Chelsea and Spurs is no shame. Losing to Bournemouth at home would be disappointing but then Bournemouth can be a very good side. Certainly not bad enough to suggest wanting a manager sacked. 

Where Hassenhutl went wrong as soon as Bertrand got sent off he tried to keep to his wing back formation and the same players on the pitch but moved Ward Prowse there, the most right footed player on the pitch who can't defend. Taking set pieces he is good, lwb poor move, but then again surely we can say how good / professional we were to score 2 goals so quickly when they went down to 10.

Were Watford trying to sack their new manager when they lost 8-0 to City with 11 players... We set up perfectly to beat Southampton. For most teams it's harder to play against 10, we put on a display of exactly how you should play. Moved the ball quickly, lots of forward runs, full backs supporting creating width. Aggressive when dribbling to commit the defenders and then exploit the space created. 

They tried to keep a team shape and hit us on the break Redmond had a nice shot just over and couple of other shots. Some of our goals were superb team work. We were that good we didn't let them get close. 

@Unique FC

Allow me to apologise. I read your post above when I'd just woken up yesterday morning and was still half asleep. I thought you'd written:

"Personally thought THEY were great and not enough credit was given to us", as in, you thought Southampton played well its just we were sensational. 

It's only just now you've responded I realised that's not what you wrote at all, ironically while I'm half asleep having just woken up. So I imagine a fair bit of my post must have seemed odd. My bad. 

I agree, we were great. Although I'd still still stand by what I said, we were given stacks of credit to be honest, all the coverage after the game waxed on about our performance, they interviewed Vardy, Perez and Rodgers all raving about how great we were long before they started talking about Southampton. Carra and Neville repeated over and over that actually a red card usually makes a team harder to play against and ruled it out as an excuse. 

I'm pretty sure we largely agree with everything else on the whole mate. I just don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. They were an embarrassment but we were also excellent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@Unique FC

Allow me to apologise. I read your post above when I'd just woken up yesterday morning and was still half asleep. I thought you'd written:

"Personally thought THEY were great and not enough credit was given to us", as in, you thought Southampton played well its just we were sensational. 

It's only just now you've responded I realised that's not what you wrote at all, ironically while I'm half asleep having just woken up. So I imagine a fair bit of my post must have seemed odd. My bad. 

I agree, we were great. Although I'd still still stand by what I said, we were given stacks of credit to be honest, all the coverage after the game waxed on about our performance, they interviewed Vardy, Perez and Rodgers all raving about how great we were long before they started talking about Southampton. Carra and Neville repeated over and over that actually a red card usually makes a team harder to play against and ruled it out as an excuse. 

I'm pretty sure we largely agree with everything else on the whole mate. I just don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. They were an embarrassment but we were also excellent. 

No worries at all !! it happens, yes if I had said they were great when they lost 9-0 something would be very wrong. 

I was mainly going off match of the day which they seemed to skip over us. However, probably a good thing, keeping our players out of the spotlight so to say is better for us. 

Understood. very fair assessment. 

Edited by Unique FC

17 hours ago, KingsX said:

I’ll contribute a day of my own pay to their traveling supporters if I can watch another 9-0 thrashing when they visit the KP in January.

Have you no ambition? Why would we want to match that mid table side, Man utd's home record, when we could get into double figures. Whats wrong with us scoring 12